PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having problems with this site?

hydro
30th December 2007, 11:28
For the last week or so I've been having sporadic problems with pages loading really slowly, or not at all. Sometimes everything freezes and the only option is to close the browser and access the site again. It can be for anything and it's only this site that's affected. This morning it caused me to lose a long pm I was sending - which was VERY frustrating.

Anyone else experiencing something similar?

SuzyWoo
30th December 2007, 11:30
I had this a few weeks ago, but it was to do with AOL rather than the site itself, which is fine for me now.

Tabby
30th December 2007, 11:33
Its been ok for me - no problems with this site for a while.
Having said that I have had to run almost daily anti spyware over the Christmas period as there are loads of new annoying bugs out there.:rolleyes:

M3chanical_animal
30th December 2007, 11:39
No problems here, when the page freezes have you tried refreshing it? - that might stop you having to actually close the browser down and start again. If you have already tried refreshing then got no advice - sorry.

The Wizard of Oz
30th December 2007, 11:46
I have this sometimes and find the only way to resolve it is to completely reset the computer.

I have put mine down the fact that the computer is very old (over 6 years), very slow and is networked off of DH's so if he is downloading anything mine works on a go slow or freezes and doesn't work at all!

meemo38
30th December 2007, 11:56
I had this yesterday actually, i just couldnt get pages to load...but only on this site, i had to big off and visit my others favourites, non tesco related:eek:
Seems ok today though, cant be my computer or internet provider as i got on other sites, my comp is not even 2 weeks old, and hardly has anything on it, so doesnt need a clean.
Michelle

pammy
30th December 2007, 12:02
Yes I had it last night as well and it was ok on other sites so thought it was strange.
it would take ages to try and load and then would stop. it is annoying.

thehagman
30th December 2007, 12:15
Yes I had it last night as well and it was ok on other sites so thought it was strange.
it would take ages to try and load and then would stop. it is annoying.

yes me to last night tried about 11.00ish and would not load pages but worked fine this morning, :)

Gizmos
30th December 2007, 12:16
anyone with problems on Virgin????

sweepy
30th December 2007, 12:18
Yeah i had probs last nite loggin and and i am with virgin giz.
sweepyxx

sarahjane01
30th December 2007, 12:25
I keep having problems and we are with Virgin Media.:mad:

Gizmos
30th December 2007, 12:26
we did too that's all - and checked on Virgin site - it's the same problem that happened e afew weeks ago/month ago - to do with DNS on certain hosted sites - might send them an email as their service is crap at the minute

NitWit
30th December 2007, 12:30
Just to say I was having problems last night and I am with Virgin. Everything seems fine now.

Gizmos
30th December 2007, 12:32
looks like all us Virgins were the ones with the problems!

moore590
30th December 2007, 13:01

Yes Giz like i said a few weeks back it crashes if i go to pts main home but if i go to faq then click on new posts they is now probs

dune
30th December 2007, 13:05
yep me too from about 11pm last night
and yep i'm a virgin too :o

hydro
30th December 2007, 13:05
I'm not a Virgin customer - and trying to reply to this first time the page wouldn't load so I've had to close the browser again.

Refreshing does the same - but as I said not always - it's sporadic?

I run excellent virus protection, spyware etc and as this only happens on this site it has to be something related to here. (My computer is powerful and it's not that I'm sure)

Could a mod tell me if there have been any changes to the site within the last month?

Beej
30th December 2007, 13:10
yep me too from about 11pm last night
and yep i'm a virgin too :o

Same for me, gave up in the end and went to bed.

Irishsmurfy
30th December 2007, 13:25
I'm on AOL broadband but use either AOL browser or IE and recently I've been having problems with just this site too. Sometimes I can post a sentance but any more than that and the computer just says "No" lol. Do you think its because I talk too much??

Gizmos
30th December 2007, 13:34
are the database errors about 10-11 at night mainly?

Gizmos
30th December 2007, 13:42
OK 10-11 is when the backups take place so was just wondering ..

Polo
30th December 2007, 14:16
Had problems last night, but thats the only time. (thought it was me actually, I was trying to insert a picture at the time!).

I'm not a virgin lol

WELSH-DRAGON
30th December 2007, 14:19
I had problems last night it was quite late so I turned off and went to bed instead

Welshy

Dominic
30th December 2007, 14:22
I had problems from around 1055-1115 last night on the phone, which is with 3, but no idea if they use another company to access the web. It just kept saying page not found.

Polo
30th December 2007, 14:23
And then when it did find us - you were mulitple posting!

Dominic
30th December 2007, 14:30
And then when it did find us - you were mulitple posting!

Don't be cheeky, its the blady phone. Sometimes it fails posting, I get used now to copying it cos if it fails you lose it. So you go back and paste it and resend, then find it is there twice..... but other times it really did fail :mad:

Polo
30th December 2007, 14:32
Don't be cheeky, its the blady phone. Sometimes it fails posting, I get used now to copying it cos if it fails you lose it. So you go back and paste it and resend, then find it is there twice..... but other times it really did fail :mad:

Ahhh, was only teasing Dom, I know its not you.....it made me giggle last night, especially as we'd moved on by about 5 posts, and then you reappeared again... I have a warped sense of humour!

Unintended Muse
31st December 2007, 00:36
I get the occasional database error message.. at any time... but did have real slowness problems last night, and 1 member may have got my pm 3 times, cos it took long enough to get it sent, and I had their reply twice.. lol

And I'm with Orange.

mutley muppet
31st December 2007, 11:10

Yep, I've had problem accessing PTS for a few weeks and I'm with Virgin. It's really annoying and it has also affected other things I do online (uploading).
I am seriously considering leaving Virgin as they haven't been very helpful.

My OH spent 20 minutes on their premuim rate line and the operator tried to blame our computer! (which is laptop less than a year old!)

Supervior then apologised and said "advice" was wrong and that they would refund the call cost (which they haven't) and the problem is still ongoing!!:mad:
Arghhh! Sorry for the rant! ;)
Can anyone recommend any other broadband deals?
MM. x

Gizmos
31st December 2007, 11:15
I'm about to phone Virgin and do my usual say about leaving etc - usually end up with lots for nowt

mutley muppet
31st December 2007, 11:18
I'm about to phone Virgin and do my usual say about leaving etc - usually end up with lots for nowt

That's what I am thinking. I'm on 2GB broadband at the moment and seem to get the problems in the eveing when it is busy??

If they offered to upgrade me to a higher rate broadband, would this cure the problem? Sorry I am a bit dim. :D
MM. x

Gizmos
31st December 2007, 11:22
im on the 20Gb and still have probs and this is what am going to be using as a bargaining tool

mutley muppet
31st December 2007, 11:24
im on the 20Gb and still have probs and this is what am going to be using as a bargaining tool

OMG! :shocked: What are you hoping to bargain for Giz? I am happy to haggle but I need to know what to haggle for? If they offer to cut my bill, that's still no use as I can't use the broadband for what I need it for? :confused:

Jules_2005
31st December 2007, 11:39
I have sporadic problems accessing PTS and I'm with tiscali. I often get database cannot be found at any time of day, I normal refresh a couple of times and it comes back, at other times in goes really slow

99redballs
31st December 2007, 12:08
i'm with virgin and i too have problems at night, i thought it may be our laptop with viruses ect so we bought extra protection, and still having problems so then we've put it down to either wifi or wifi sender thingy inside laptop, but now it seems it's virgin:mad: good job my contract it up soon:D bye bye virgin

molly316
31st December 2007, 13:36
ive moaned at them on a regular basis and have had rather generous discounts & upgrades applied to phone/ telly & bb.. its definately worth doing!

Dont be shy about asking for something if they offer you say setanta and you dont watch sports... but would rather have talk unlimited or something else. I dont really think they could do much more to my account now, but I dont feel bad about it, having paid them ?50+ a month in service charges for years & calls etc before I started complaining

oh and if you get an unhelpful person, dont give up, just phone back again, some dessistants are definately better (or worse) than others & remember to make a note of what youre offered as one month they didnt apply the discounts and I had to renegotiate.

Good luck!

M x