PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Links to PTS

fluffybunny
2nd January 2008, 11:01
have a look -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BE-PAID-TO-SHOP-AT-TESCO-ONLINE-A-JOB-YOU-CHOOSE-WHEN_W0QQitemZ350011676848QQihZ022QQcategoryZ10248 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

it says "BE PAID TO SHOP AT TESCO" !

Anyone know them?

cherry pie
2nd January 2008, 11:31
it annoys me when people do this.
you can get any info you want from here and mse so why charge people.

princessa
2nd January 2008, 11:33
It says '20 tips' so I'd imagine it's things like search for codes, use a clubcard plus etc.

GoatBoy
2nd January 2008, 11:45
have a look -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BE-PAID-TO-SHOP-AT-TESCO-ONLINE-A-JOB-YOU-CHOOSE-WHEN_W0QQitemZ350011676848QQihZ022QQcategoryZ10248 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

it says "BE PAID TO SHOP AT TESCO" !

Anyone know them?

Possibly a link to here but if I didn't know about PTS then paid 1.39 to find this site & all the money-making that comes along with it, it would be money very well spent.......

Information is a very valuable thing & ignorance can be very costly too :D

Littlemissjojo
2nd January 2008, 12:00
I discovered this site through buying one of those kinds of links on ebay - best quid I ever spent!!!

Gizmos
2nd January 2008, 12:05
doughnjo - can you PM me the seller please

Coupon-madder
2nd January 2008, 12:35
This is a link someone posted a while back, set up by the seller hopper_red:

http://tesco-deals.blogspot.com/

I am not saying this is the same seller, I don't know, the username is different so probably not but the info may be similar.

But I have bought things from hopper_red before and he is fine as an eBay seller, very helpful, combines postage on tangible posted items, etc. Don't think he's on here and not sure if the info mentions PTS as I never bothered to read it, I'm sure we know it all already!!:)

Angel
2nd January 2008, 16:09
it annoys me when people do this.
you can get any info you want from here and mse so why charge people.

I agree. It is the hard work of the mod's and admin who keep this site going, and I feel it is wrong for someone to 'abuse' the forum in this way.

GoatBoy
2nd January 2008, 17:30
I agree. It is the hard work of the mod's and admin who keep this site going, and I feel it is wrong for someone to 'abuse' the forum in this way.

Can't see how it's "abuse" to enable people to become new members & benefit from / contribute to this excellent site:confused:

Doesn't the site make more money towards its upkeep if it has more members etc......?

Grace & Favour
2nd January 2008, 17:38
Can't see how it's "abuse" to enable people to become new members & benefit from / contribute to this excellent site:confused:

Doesn't the site make more money towards its upkeep if it has more members etc......?

How does this site make money out of membership CRSjo - apart from any voluntary donations?

mandayle
2nd January 2008, 17:56
There is quite a few listings on ebay offering tips and money saving, which sounds like this site there selling, i noticed a seller, in a listing offerring to give the info for free also.

djl1963
3rd January 2008, 01:49
I discovered this site through buying one of those kinds of links on ebay - best quid I ever spent!!!

Same with me.:):)
Was given several tips/websites.

Gizmos
3rd January 2008, 07:53
well if anyone found the link to here via a ebay auction pleae let us know

GoatBoy
3rd January 2008, 08:21
well if anyone found the link to here via a ebay auction pleae let us know

Giz,

Can I ask what you would do with the information?

Angel
3rd January 2008, 09:28

The point I am trying to make is that I feel an ebayer/PTS member should not benefit from personal financial gain as a result of selling this information, if anyone should benefit financially it should be the site itself.

GoatBoy
3rd January 2008, 09:58
The point I am trying to make is that I feel an ebayer/PTS member should not benefit from personal financial gain as a result of selling this information, if anyone should benefit financially it should be the site itself.

A well made point, Angel, but don't we all make a personal financial gain as a result of using this site? I don't begrudge an enterprising e-Bay seller a few quid for spreading the word

I presume the site owners benefit/cover costs partly by donation from members & partly through revenue when we click through to other sites from here. If there are more members, surely it follows that there is more revenue for this site :confused:

Gizmos
3rd January 2008, 10:19
not necessarily - donations are few and far between - linking to other sites doesnt generate much if anything - no profit is made from PTS at all

GoatBoy
3rd January 2008, 10:24
not necessarily - donations are few and far between - linking to other sites doesnt generate much if anything - no profit is made from PTS at all

Fair enough but what's lost by someone selling links to this site? Surely it's a win x 3 - seller makes a little money, buyer can make/save a LOT of money & PTS gets more members who MIGHT generate/donate more income

SuzyWoo
3rd January 2008, 10:25
If there is profit to be made, surely it's the site owners that should be making it CrsJo?

tiger
3rd January 2008, 10:28
Fair enough but what's lost by someone selling links to this site? Surely it's a win x 3 - seller makes a little money, buyer can make/save a LOT of money & PTS gets more members who MIGHT generate/donate more income

I just find it extremely annoying that someone is making money on what is freely available. PTS members are extremely generous in sharing information. The person selling this is just being greedy. If they want to spread the word then they could sell the link for 1p.

GoatBoy
3rd January 2008, 10:29
If there is profit to be made, surely it's the site owners that should be making it CrsJo?

It is information that is freely available in the public domain, Suzy. Lets leave aside the fact that any buyer could have found this site by accident (as I did). by the most rudimentary of Google searches or on recommendation from a friend.

If the site owners want to make profit, why don't they charge a monthly sub? If they can't or won't do that, why deny others the right?

GoatBoy
3rd January 2008, 10:31
I just find it extremely annoying that someone is making money on what is freely available. PTS members are extremely generous in sharing information. The person selling this is just being greedy. If they want to spread the word then they could sell the link for 1p.

Can't agree - this person is just using their initiative. Lets be honest, they aren't going to get too many free holidays out of selling the link but the people who buy them just might :D

tiger
3rd January 2008, 10:32
I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this CrsJo. :)

GoatBoy
3rd January 2008, 10:36
I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this CrsJo. :)

Of course - it's not my ball, is it?:D

fluffybunny
3rd January 2008, 14:08
i've seen a few sellers who sell info hundreds of times over... (look at hopper_red 2000+ feedback in the last 12 months... 99p a time thats nearly 2k before fees)

i never really cared either way about people selling on ebay but i now look at it slightly differently

you may/may not think this is selfish of me but i think the more people who substantially increase their points collecting, it may make things more difficult for us!

only a year ago we had 1000 points codes for groceries, old h&b, 500 points per mobile (with no limit) etc etc ... suddenly, points collecting isn't so easy! i can't help thinking that Tesco getting more savvy has something to do with more people earning more points.

thehagman
3rd January 2008, 18:13
i bought the 99p item from hopper_red about 3 year ago and must admit it is the best 99p i ever spent as it got me into the point collecting to start with.
I was happy to pay that at the time as was new to all this but would not buy now from the many so called tesco info now on ebay as probably know as much or more than most sellers.
hopper_red must have made thousands from selling this on ebay nearly all the feedback will be for tesco info and thats only the ones that left feedback to begin with.
I do notthink they should gain by selling links to pts as the mods/admin put all the work into the best site i have found to date:)

thehagman
3rd January 2008, 23:55
whats your opinion?;)

Angel
4th January 2008, 09:39
If there is profit to be made, surely it's the site owners that should be making it

I agree with SuzyWoo.

whats your opinion?;)

I think that selling a link to PTS, or any information derived from PTS is at the very least a discourtesy to the site owners.

minione
4th January 2008, 09:56
If the site owners want a profit it should be them selling the link on ebay
This site is fantastic I have 3 times my normal points this quarter and still a few weeks to go.
How does this site cover its admin costs etc? Do you get money if if we click onto one of the 4 sites advertised at the top of the page? If that helps pay your costs I would be happy to click on one every time I log onto pts

fluffybunny
4th January 2008, 09:58

what if we all clicked a link every day?

maybe if only the odd few are clicking them at the moment, that doesn't amount to much but, if suddenly hundreds were clicking them, that might make a difference?

Gizmos
4th January 2008, 10:00
the links that appear in messages (eg Dell and argos) only generate if you purchase (ala Quidco); we also cannot ask or be perceived as asking people to click any of the other links either - therefore we always say only click anything that you are interested in

princessa
4th January 2008, 10:03
but would you get money if we clicked on the other links? As that may make us more interested in clicking on them. lol

HELLO_KITTY
4th January 2008, 10:06
hurford2483( 698) 1 year 7 months East Sussex, United Kingdom

thehagman
5th January 2008, 00:13
giz/all mods
i think what people are saying is very happy :):D using this site and would gladly help towards running fees, if a click through each time we login earns anything for pts running costs.
Or why not try a regular say fortnightly auction on ebay all proceeds to PTS as i am sure some members would give point vouchers more freely than a cash donation, if they are not going to use them etc.
I have just broke the 25k quarter for the 1st time this quarter and many points are due to PTSers advice and help so speaking as myself i would gladly give a little back.
;) i will gladly offer 20 in S3010 deals valid to may to get the ball rolling for a auction if you thing it will help, i know it will be a hassle to get going people posting vouchers and extra work for mods/admin:o but hey just my idea.

thehagman
5th January 2008, 00:42
:)is anyone still up?

Polo
5th January 2008, 00:43
me....but off now! Check out the chat thread hagman http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=408140#post408140
Theres a couple of peeps still around.

For the record I think thats a good idea of yours and very generous of you.

thehagman
5th January 2008, 01:00
think all the mods must have had a early night tonight;)

ukdrummajor
5th January 2008, 01:18
i bought the 99p item from hopper_red about 3 year ago and must admit it is the best 99p i ever spent as it got me into the point collecting to start with.
I was happy to pay that at the time as was new to all this but would not buy now from the many so called tesco info now on ebay as probably know as much or more than most sellers.
hopper_red must have made thousands from selling this on ebay nearly all the feedback will be for tesco info and thats only the ones that left feedback to begin with.
I do notthink they should gain by selling links to pts as the mods/admin put all the work into the best site i have found to date:)

is it just me or is the above a total contradiction in terms???? its ok for you to pay for info but not for anyone else just in case it interferes with your points collecting. Hypocrite.

fluffybunny
5th January 2008, 12:49
I am the original poster and the ebay seller has contacted me.

They have clarified that they are not actually selling information regarding this site. The ebay title quoting "PAID TO SHOP" is for Tesco, other sites and affiliate shopping and they do not refer to this site.

ALSO, The seller is actually a member on here AND regularly contributes to this site. I quote their pm:-
Indeed look at some threads you will see some info I sell on eBay (wide range of topics) I put on PTS for all PTS members to benefit from.

I apologise if I've wrongly posted in my OP.

princesskerry
5th January 2008, 13:04
I thought the seller was a member on here as he is selling some theatre tickets too and I'm sure he posted on here asking if anyone wanted them a couple of days ago.

thehagman
5th January 2008, 13:15

is it just me or is the above a total contradiction in terms???? its ok for you to pay for info but not for anyone else just in case it interferes with your points collecting. Hypocrite.

hypocrite i dont think so
yes i bought an item which at time was a list of codes emailed direct by the seller, now all these people sell is links to another site where someone else puts the work in and they take the profit. if thats fair in your book we will agree to disagree but no need for spite:nono:

thehagman
5th January 2008, 13:18
I am the original poster and the ebay seller has contacted me.

They have clarified that they are not actually selling information regarding this site. The ebay title quoting "PAID TO SHOP" is for Tesco, other sites and affiliate shopping and they do not refer to this site.

ALSO, The seller is actually a member on here AND regularly contributes to this site. I quote their pm:-
Indeed look at some threads you will see some info I sell on eBay (wide range of topics) I put on PTS for all PTS members to benefit from.

I apologise if I've wrongly posted in my OP.

you may have been wrong about that seller but others are there selling link to here i have pm gizmos with info/link

Gizmos
5th January 2008, 13:50
the seller is selling information and it DOES have a link to PTS in it

littlemissnaughty
10th March 2008, 14:53
Do you think this person is selling access to Paid To Shop? The item number is: 180221995285

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TESCO-CLUBCARD-55-000-Pts-Save-1000s-yearly-for-Life_W0QQitemZ180221995285QQihZ008QQcategoryZ10248 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

marmaliser
10th March 2008, 14:58
Thanx LMN, it has been mentioned before and he was not specifically selling a link to here. In fact PTS did not get much of a mention.

littlemissnaughty
10th March 2008, 15:00
That's good then but how terrible that people would sell links to websites.:mad:

red devil
11th March 2008, 00:32
have bought vouchers off this seller previously. He gave me a link to a website and I think it could be the same one as he is listing on ebay that you are on about. So here it is for anyone who wants it. PTS does get a mention along with quite a few other sites.

http://tesco-deals.blogspot.com/

Khufu
24th June 2008, 15:30
IS this a good idea? 110264589173 could a mod confirm if they want it taking off by pming me for more info

GoatBoy
24th June 2008, 15:35
Perhaps Laura213 would like to contact me through PTS & explain why my ebay listing is any of her business.............

Khufu
24th June 2008, 15:41
Because you are drawing way too much interest to this site by putting open links back here from ebay.

We know that Tesco are aware of ebay selling, and we don't need anymore interest than necessary in us

marmaliser
24th June 2008, 15:41
Would this be in regard to your listing having a PTS link on it? If it is then it is not a problem with Mods / admin of PTS.

Ta
M

Khufu
24th June 2008, 15:43
Okay - I'm not in agreement with this at all, but if that's mods decision

marmaliser
24th June 2008, 15:43
Because you are drawing way too much interest to this site by putting open links back here from ebay.

We know that Tesco are aware of ebay selling, and we don't need anymore interest than necessary in usThank you for caring Khufu but realy it would not take Tesco long to find the site if they wanted to.

Gizmos
24th June 2008, 15:47
even if we didnt agree there is nothing we can do about it really - apart from report every listing by the seller

GoatBoy
24th June 2008, 15:48

We know that Tesco are aware of ebay selling, and we don't need anymore interest than necessary in us

Oh please - you think this place is a secret............:confused:

Perhaps those who strip the shelves of H&B using multiple MOCs more times a day than I do ebay listings a month might be doing a little more than me to shed light on this place

Gizmos
24th June 2008, 15:48
tis fine and we know who it is - better than selling the links here isnt it

Dominic
24th June 2008, 15:50
Surely as it is a public forum that anyone can join, there are doubtless Tesco spies on here anyway, which makes some of the bungling incompetence even harder to excuse really.

I suppose the only risk would be CrsJo having their auction bought by a Tesco spy to identify his or her card numbers.... Probably a tad unlikely tho.

GoatBoy
24th June 2008, 15:52
Thank you for caring Khufu but realy it would not take Tesco long to find the site if they wanted to.

like they haven't already :eek:

even if we didnt agree there is nothing we can do about it really - apart from report every listing by the seller

Exactly - people whinge when this info get sold on ebay & now they whinge when it's given away.

Report my listings to ebay - on what grounds.......?

GoatBoy
24th June 2008, 15:53
I suppose the only risk would be CrsJo having their auction bought by a Tesco spy to identify his or her card numbers.... Probably a tad unlikely tho.

Possible Dom - no doubt some lifeless dimwit is reporting the listing to eBay or Tesco as we speak..........

Maverick
24th June 2008, 15:57
Sigh...............

GoatBoy
24th June 2008, 15:58
Would this be in regard to your listing having a PTS link on it? If it is then it is not a problem with Mods / admin of PTS.

Ta
M

Cheers M - glad to hear it. Will remove immediately if the Mods/Admins change their position.

If I'd had a reasoned argument in the original anonymous eBay message instead of a demand to "Remove your link to PTS", I might have given it a little thought.

Actually, it might be an idea to remove this thread altogether now it's served its purpose. Who knows, the anonymous messager might even drum up the courage/manners to approach me courteously next time :D

SuzyWoo
24th June 2008, 16:00
This subject comes up every couple of months so best to leave where it is I think.

navara
24th June 2008, 16:06
We do seem to have had a big influx of new members in the last month or so. Is it all down to CRSJO:)

GoatBoy
24th June 2008, 16:09
We do seem to have had a big influx of new members in the last month or so. Is it all down to CRSJO:)

Yes - didn't you know? It's ALL down to me :D

All this fuss & no-ones added it to Boos Buy It Now bargains? Suppose I'd get in trouble if I did it myself?

Does anyone else think that Amy Winehouse looks like a campaign poster to raise money for neglected horses?

Khufu
24th June 2008, 16:10
Cheers M - glad to hear it. Will remove immediately if the Mods/Admins change their position.

If I'd had a reasoned argument in the original anonymous eBay message instead of a demand to "Remove your link to PTS", I might have given it a little thought.

Actually, it might be an idea to remove this thread altogether now it's served its purpose. Who knows, the anonymous messager might even drum up the courage/manners to approach me courteously next time :D

I think you'll find I said Please!

The ebay message wasn't anonymous! They are by definition giving a fair amount of info about yourself by giving your username and everything attached to that, which you then helpfully put on here, thanks!

Anyway we'll have to agree to disagree on this one CRs, I think its wrong of you to link here, you don't and mods agree there is little they can do about it either way.

navara
24th June 2008, 16:16

The ebay message wasn't anonymous! They are by definition giving a fair amount of info about yourself by giving your username and everything attached to that, which you then helpfully put on here, thanks!

Anyway we'll have to agree to disagree on this one CRs, I think its wrong of you to link here, you don't and mods agree there is little they can do about it either way.

Khufu, Isn't it better for someone to get a free link to this site than someone selling the info on ebay:)

GoatBoy
24th June 2008, 16:25

You did say please & I apologise for overlooking that. The mods are happy for free links to be included regardless of what they could do about it.

Tell you what - in the interests of peace & harmony, would you like the vouchers free of charge?

Khufu, Isn't it better for someone to get a free link to this site than someone selling the info on ebay:)

General points to follow - not directed at Khufu personally

Some people are more equal than others, it would seem. I've seen people asking for the doors to be closed to new members in the past but the cat's out of the bag about this site which is why points collecting is getting so much harder. Perhaps restraint should have been generally encouraged before the trough was overturned............

navara
24th June 2008, 16:31
Just checked the membership numbers and we seem to have lost 4000.Have we had a clearout of non users?

GoatBoy
24th June 2008, 16:32
Just checked the membership numbers and we seem to have lost 4000.Have we had a clearout of no users?

Perhaps I've driven them away :eyebrows::eyebrows:

Gizmos
24th June 2008, 18:07
we had a cull of people who had joined up but never returned within the last six months - however those that had joined up and posted and still not returned in the last 6 months we have left - hope that makes sense