PDA

View Full Version : paypal driving me nuts

Khufu
2nd January 2008, 13:04
I can't get through to anyone on the phone it just keeps cutting me off. THey have completed a claim against me which was sent recorded delivery just cos the purchaser won't go and pick the package up. :mad::mad::mad:

WorcsSaver
2nd January 2008, 16:49
Sorry to hear that. :(

I hope though that this experience puts you off for life using Paypal! I got stung a total of 52 for an item sold for 30 on ebay by time they added charges. They DO NOT accept certificate of posting as proof (I couldnt find mine in any event until 3 years later LOL but seller only covered if send by trackable means). It does not matter whether your item states whether the buyer takes postal insurance or not also, the seller is ALWAYS responsible in any event and why I think that Paypal are not worth bothering with. They will always use their terms and conditions to their own benefit. Would not surprise me if they took my money but never passed it on!!!

Think it is even worse since Ebay bought them out.

If you get nowhere and feel aggrieved have a look at the class actions that are always being taking against them in court. This speaks volumes in itself!

Becles
2nd January 2008, 16:58
You need to understand how PayPal works to stop yourself getting "stung".

You must send items by "trackable means" with a signed proof of delivery to protect yourself, or take the loss if it does go missing. Auctions that offer the buyer postal insurance or state the seller is not responsible if the item is lost in the post are not valid T&C's for PayPal. Although the seller states they are not responsible for items lost in the post, if they cannot provide proof of delivery, they will automatically lose a PayPal claim. It's all in PayPal's T&C's if you want to read them.

I agree it is very harsh on the OP if she cannot get POD as the person can't be bothered to collect or rearrange delivery though. I would be cross about that too, but unfortunately there is nothing PayPal will do. Just leave factual negative feedback, and the package should be returned to you by Royal Mail.

Khufu
2nd January 2008, 17:01
[QUOTE=Becles;402791]You must send items by "trackable means" with a signed proof of delivery to protect yourself, or take the loss if it does go missing. QUOTE]

This is what is driving me nuts - it was sent recorded - its recorded as sitting at the depot waiting to be collected!

NitWit
2nd January 2008, 17:37
Just leave factual negative feedback, and the package should be returned to you by Royal Mail.

But what if the claim goes through before the item is sent back and then the Buyer goes to collect it? How would you get money back from PayPal then?

Khufu
2nd January 2008, 18:15
Paypal have it covered all ways - they take teh money paid into your account and their t&C allow them to do it with impunity. I am never ever ever ever ever goign to accept Paypal again - this is the forth transaction I've been screwed with in six months.

Becles
2nd January 2008, 21:16
But what if the claim goes through before the item is sent back and then the Buyer goes to collect it? How would you get money back from PayPal then?

The buyer would end up with the goods and the refund.

Like I said before, it is very harsh but that is how PayPal work and it's a risk you have to take if you accept payment through them.

Our*holiday*fund
2nd January 2008, 22:03
Sorry to hear that. :(

I hope though that this experience puts you off for life using Paypal! I got stung a total of 52 for an item sold for 30 on ebay by time they added charges. They DO NOT accept certificate of posting as proof (I couldnt find mine in any event until 3 years later LOL but seller only covered if send by trackable means). It does not matter whether your item states whether the buyer takes postal insurance or not also, the seller is ALWAYS responsible in any event and why I think that Paypal are not worth bothering with. They will always use their terms and conditions to their own benefit. Would not surprise me if they took my money but never passed it on!!!

Think it is even worse since Ebay bought them out.

If you get nowhere and feel aggrieved have a look at the class actions that are always being taking against them in court. This speaks volumes in itself!

allthough i completely see your point and i know paypal are probably one of the worst companys in the world, yes they always use there terms and conditions to suit them and there is never any reasoning with them, i would have to dissagree about using them in certain cases, for example a seller who sells large amounts of items on ebay intending to make good money, unfortunatly needs paypal to achieve a good sale most of the time.

yes the seller is always 100% at risk and responsible and still at risk even when sening tracked in some cases (as the original post shows), i know as i lost 120 xmas 2006 on an international signed for to the US, a chargeback on the credit card was filed and that was it after the money being frozen for weeks it was finally taken. (no communication ever for the buyer)
the parcel never got there and royal mail gave me 50 ish 's back said i didnt insure it for enough, which was a load of rubbish.

selling on ebay along with paypal has to be one of the most stressfull things you can do, i think this year its got worse, i honestly cant believe the mentality of some people on ebay, not even going into the the cheek of some of them will get to wound up :o sorry rant over

WorcsSaver
2nd January 2008, 23:49
The buyer would end up with the goods and the refund.

Like I said before, it is very harsh but that is how PayPal work and it's a risk you have to take if you accept payment through them.

This is exactly what happened to me!!! Once bitten twice shy.

I am currently going through a dispute with a buyer (insisted that Paypal was NOT an option) who thinks that by saying that the item was not adequately wrapped and that item was damaged can keep the item (light fitting worth over 70 and they could just get new glass shades at approx 15) and have a refund from me. I have put my foot down and insisted that it was (have photos as proof) and that they will get refund once Royal Mail pay out and not until then.

Really gone off eBay as you just get shafted unless you go and collect item and pay COD. And as for selling just gonna car boot most stuff, will probaby get more anyway LOL