PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Paris .....your thoughts.....

shopsomemore
2nd January 2008, 19:21
I am not into these sorts of places but thought as we were thinking of going to Center Parcs in France that perhaps we may stop off here too. Kids are 9,7and 1.

I have no idea what it is all about apart from the mickey mouse things you see in the adverts. And my big two are just not into Mickey ????

thehagman
2nd January 2008, 19:29
:)hi,
i am also thinking of doing this mine are 9 & 4 and i am sure when your older ones are there will enjoy as just a great adventure theme park from what i have been told.
Have you looked into prices yet and what you can use deals for?:D

pollyanna_11
2nd January 2008, 19:31
I am not into these sorts of places but thought as we were thinking of going to Center Parcs in France that perhaps we may stop off here too. Kids are 9,7and 1.

I have no idea what it is all about apart from the mickey mouse things you see in the adverts. And my big two are just not into Mickey ????

Ignore the mickey thing, the kids will have a good time, as long as it is not too crowded. Unfortunately, my experience is, that if it is, the place descends into chaos!:(

shopsomemore
2nd January 2008, 19:37
Well ummmm we are thinking the first week of summer hols so it probably will be crowded !!
We have not booked yet.....
But the more info on whats what the better...

shoppaholic45
2nd January 2008, 19:43
i went a few years ago when i had my kids, and it is a magical place to go to i love it and my kids did too, and it wasn't too expensive

Grace & Favour
2nd January 2008, 19:47
Have a first hand look . . . . . . D-Land Paris
(http://www.disneylandparis.com/index2.jsp)

rach109
2nd January 2008, 19:54
we love it !

my 2 arent really into Mickey mouse either ( or werent before we went !)

but the whole place the rides,the shows,the whole package is fab for kids of all ages :o :laugh:

there are indiana jones,pirates of caribbean,cars,nemo,peter pan rides etc to name a few !

you can meet the characters and see shows,the lion king is brilliant :clap2:

you can either go to just Disneyland park or the studios aswell :)

this forum is fab http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77

Mamzie
2nd January 2008, 21:46
We went for the first time in October and loved it. They are great for disabled visitors as well - really helpful and you an get a blue pass there if you take proof with you.

shopsomemore
2nd January 2008, 21:47
Oh, The lion king so how much are these extras??

Tabby
2nd January 2008, 21:53
I didn't think I would like it - and didn't see why adults would want to visit theme Parks. I absolutely loved it and have been three times and to Walt disney World Florida once.
My advice is go, allow yourself to see it through a child's eyes and enjoy it for what it is. Don't get too worried about doing and seeing everything, but try to take in the detailing of the Parks. Go to City Hall and ask for some advice from the wonderful cast members (Disney doesn't have employees!;)) on how to get the most from your visit. Although the summer season will be very busy try to avoid the weekends as they are far more crowded than weekdays due to the Parisians who flood into the parks every Saturday and Sunday.
The DIS boards are excellent - Cyrano who posts here is a mod on the Disneyland Paris board there and give you a great welcome if you go there for advice.

rach109
2nd January 2008, 21:56
Oh, The lion king so how much are these extras??

inc in the entrance price

but you do have to queue for / collect tickets in advance :)

maleficent_mum
2nd January 2008, 22:22
I love it, we've had 21 days there spread over 5 visits in the last 3 years. The last twice I've taken my boys aged 13 and 8 on my own as DH refused to go again and we have had a fabulous time.

Last visit was a little different as my 5 year old niece was with us, so we did some rides we probably wouldn't have done and had some character meals which aren't a necessity for my boys anymore although they still had fun.

As rach109 says there's lots of info on the DISboards, I'm wondering who you are now though Rachel ? I'm jillrobinson on DIS.

Avoid weekends though, we went in Nov just gone and even I came back disillusioned with the crowds, which on the plus side gives me a good excuse to start planning the next trip, trying to get DH to agree to go back for our main Summer holiday. :eyebrows:

rach109
2nd January 2008, 22:27
I love it, we've had 21 days there spread over 5 visits in the last 3 years. The last twice I've taken my boys aged 13 and 8 on my own as DH refused to go again and we have had a fabulous time.

Last visit was a little different as my 5 year old niece was with us, so we did some rides we probably wouldn't have done and had some character meals which aren't a necessity for my boys anymore although they still had fun.

As rach109 says there's lots of info on the DISboards, I'm wondering who you are now though Rachel ? I'm jillrobinson on DIS.

Avoid weekends though, we went in Nov just gone and even I came back disillusioned with the crowds, which on the plus side gives me a good excuse to start planning the next trip, trying to get DH to agree to come back for our main Summer holiday. :eyebrows:

I am RachieB on there

i only tend to post when im in planning mode ! :) lurk a fair bit though !

we have been on a weekend ( for a day trip) in oct 06 and july 07 and it wasnt too bad TBH ,no huuuuge queues or anything which i was surprised !

we are booking a fri - sun break in early aug !! so i know its going to be manic ! but we will spread it out over the sat and sun this time

and i quite like not seeing / doing everything in one trip

makes a good excuse to go back ;)

:D

flookie
2nd January 2008, 23:15
inc in the entrance price

but you do have to queue for / collect tickets in advance :)

If you just turn up half hour or so before a show you can get something to eat/drink then sit and watch the cartoons on the big screens before the show starts then just stay for the show too,this is what we normally do as it saves trying to get tickets as they do run out fast. The cartoons are also good to nip in and watch if its raining or you just fancy a sit down.

rach109
2nd January 2008, 23:20
If you just turn up half hour or so before a show you can get something to eat/drink then sit and watch the cartoons on the big screens before the show starts then just stay for the show too,this is what we normally do as it saves trying to get tickets as they do run out fast. The cartoons are also good to nip in and watch if its raining or you just fancy a sit down.

indeed you can :)

we like to be right down the front near the stage though :o

Mamzie
2nd January 2008, 23:37
We got to sit at the end of the very front left row, where Simba and Scar, etc, all come off the stage at the end and most of them patted my kids... fabulous seats.

wolves
4th January 2008, 23:32
We've been to DLRP a few times, and it's wonderful. We did brave it in August once, and tbh it wasn't as packed as other times. Sundays are notoriously busy though, so if you can avoid and go midweek i think you'll be fine.

Cyrano
5th January 2008, 02:18
As others have stated you'll not be surprised to find that we love DLP :)
But it wasn't always like that. :confused:

I love France and in particular Paris. As much as I'd grown up with Disney I just couldn't bring myself to go to a theme park with so much else to see.

I stomped around DLP when we first visited it :mad: Slowly I started to melt and had to be dragged from it when the parks shut.
The rest as they say is history.

A bit of planning will go a long way to make it an enjoyable experience :)

cosy toes
5th January 2008, 16:59
We've been four times, and always in summer holidays, try to avoid Sunday you cna do it all in one day. First time daughter 10 months but she still in awe.

One of my tips is buy tickets before you go at disney shop to save the queuing. Make sure you get there when it opens so you can run down main street and see them cut the ribbon. If you have time, do the disney village the day before, entry free but have to pay for parking. Then you have no need to visit any of the shops once inside DLP. you can also do wild west show that night.

Disney breakfasts are great, pre book when you go to disney village. It might be the only time you see the characters up close!

Take a packed lunch if you can (we always go in our caravan.) Leave you bags in the lockers as you go in, then go out of the park for your lunch, you can eat in the band stand/ entrance area.

Depending on the ages of the kids, plan to stay all day till they close. Have your tea in the park. Don't miss the last parade in the dark very magical with all fairy lights but make sure you see it near entrance so you are close to get out once finished. Sit on the pavement at least 30 mins before. you see the parade coming down main street and then goes past you as it goes in to the back compound. You can then see the fireworks or we usually go back to the car park and in just enough tiome to see them there.

If you have little ones hire a buggy, so you can put all your bags on it and they'll all take turns for a ride even the 6 to 7 year olds.

Have a great time.

cosy toes
5th January 2008, 17:05
I didn't think I would like it - and didn't see why adults would want to visit theme Parks. I absolutely loved it and have been three times and to Walt disney World Florida once.
My advice is go, allow yourself to see it through a child's eyes and enjoy it for what it is. Don't get too worried about doing and seeing everything, but try to take in the detailing of the Parks. Go to City Hall and ask for some advice from the wonderful cast members (Disney doesn't have employees!;)) on how to get the most from your visit. Although the summer season will be very busy try to avoid the weekends as they are far more crowded than weekdays due to the Parisians who flood into the parks every Saturday and Sunday.
The DIS boards are excellent - Cyrano who posts here is a mod on the Disneyland Paris board there and give you a great welcome if you go there for advice.

What are DIS boards?

KarenG
5th January 2008, 17:27
What are DIS boards?

An Internet forum like here, but specifically for Disney and all its themeparks:

www.disboards.com

There is a DLRP specific forum as mentioned above :)

rach109
5th January 2008, 17:37
What are DIS boards?

a fab Disney forum : http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77

:)

rach109
5th January 2008, 17:37
An Internet forum like here, but specifically for Disney and all its themeparks:

www.disboards.com

There is a DLRP specific forum as mentioned above :)

oops :o didnt see a 3rd page!

cosy toes
6th January 2008, 17:07
Thanks all three of you. will check out once I have a bit of time.