PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Paris?

princessmoneysaver
2nd January 2008, 21:38
Hello all, sorry for not being around much been so busy. Happy New Year to you all :)

Can I still get a holiday to Disneyland, preferably Paris, with Deals? I have just worked out I have ?2,244 in Deals will that be enough for a family of 4? Where can I find out how much it will cost?

Thanks very much x

rach109
2nd January 2008, 21:42
a few of us are booking these apartments with tesco deals :)

www.frenchlife.co.uk is down at the moment :(
but its these ones http://www.autoplanhols.co.uk/Disneyland_Hotels_mk2/val_d_europe.html

i was quoted ?551 for an apartment sleeping 7 inc insurance for 3 nights in august
this was minus the ferry crossing as we are taking the tunnel ( using deals of course !)

HTH

princessmoneysaver
2nd January 2008, 21:44
I was hoping for at least a week, preferably 2 & can pay towards it if needed. 2 adults, an 8 year old & a 1 year old so would that make it only paying for 3 or do I need to pay for the LO?

rach109
2nd January 2008, 21:55
I was hoping for at least a week, preferably 2 & can pay towards it if needed. 2 adults, an 8 year old & a 1 year old so would that make it only paying for 3 or do I need to pay for the LO?

you can do a week at a time :)
we only want a short break, as we are then spending a few days at a french center parcs

to recover / relax ! :laugh:

do you really want 2 weeks @ Disneyland paris ?!!

princessmoneysaver
2nd January 2008, 22:01
I've been before when I was little & couldn't get round everywhere in a few days, my kids have never been abroad so thought we would make it a fantastic trip for them & perhaps have a look around Paris itself whilst we are over there. I've never ordered deals before so how do I go about getting a quote then booking it? None of us drive so would need to take that into account too. Thanks very much for any info you can give.

rach109
2nd January 2008, 22:14
I've been before when I was little & couldn't get round everywhere in a few days, my kids have never been abroad so thought we would make it a fantastic trip for them & perhaps have a look around Paris itself whilst we are over there. I've never ordered deals before so how do I go about getting a quote then booking it? None of us drive so would need to take that into account too. Thanks very much for any info you can give.

the apartments have a free shuttle to disney, and are about 40 mins from the centre of paris

close to shopping mall,restaurants etc ,with heated outdoor swimming pool during summer months

so would be ideal :)
they look and sound fab !

phone them up and get a quote telling them you are booking in deals :)

they will give you a price, then you need to go online and order the deals

when they arrive phone frenchlife up and give them all the serial numbers off the deals vouchers.then you need to send them in to them,within 3 days

HTH

:)

princessmoneysaver
2nd January 2008, 22:16
That's great thanks but with that being Eurotunnel is there any other options as we don't drive? Also which number do I need to phone? Sorry for all the questions just want to make sure I have everything right quotes etc so I can make it as easy as possible. Do you know if any other companies do Disneyland through Deals? Do Virgin offer anything? Thanks x

maleficent_mum
2nd January 2008, 22:17
You could try Airmiles, they have DLRP holidays, but you have to ring for a quote, it's something I'm considering because I like to stay onsite, although I suspect that it is not going to be a very cost effective use of my Tesco Vouchers, I'm looking at a week to 10 days in August, plus flights which I'll arrange myself through one of the budget airlines.

I wonder though as you have such a lot of vouchers whether you'd be better selling them on Ebay and booking your DLRP holiday direct with Disney and arranging cheap flights.

I can't believe Tesco have lost 5 DLRP tour operators in the last 2 years and not replaced them, if you're reading this Mr. T please can we have a new deal.:)

princessmoneysaver
2nd January 2008, 22:23
I have a measly ?11.50 (?46 in Deals) which expire in Feb but have over ?30 (?120 in Deals) coming already this Feb so if need be I can use the ones that expire soon on something else then include the new ones for our holiday. Had way too many problems on eBay lately so I'm not going to use that for a long time.

Was told Airmiles not a really good option to use, have they changed or is it better to use the vouchers elsewhere? Would prefer to book something with flights etc included or packaged even if it means paying for some bits (I.E taxes etc) than have to go to one company for the holiday & another for flights etc, do you understand what I mean?

Thanks x

rach109
2nd January 2008, 22:31
That's great thanks but with that being Eurotunnel is there any other options as we don't drive? Also which number do I need to phone? Sorry for all the questions just want to make sure I have everything right quotes etc so I can make it as easy as possible. Do you know if any other companies do Disneyland through Deals? Do Virgin offer anything? Thanks x

unfortunately not :(
you can do eurostar travel using deals,although this goes to paris not disney ( with deals)

you need to phone frenchlife ,but the site is down at the moment :( so i cannot get the number for you to book

no flights to france using deals unfortunately

its ferry / eurotunnel / air miles / eurostar only

The Bobbo's
2nd January 2008, 22:39
I think you have enough for a fortnight in Florida. We paid ?1800 for one week at International Drive and one week at Disney. Would you consider Florida? In my opinion, Disneyland Paris is great but after 2 days we had seen everything. Orlando on the other hand is fantastic - if you pick your hotels wisely you don't have to drive. The park tickets are expensive but we found everything else really good value - much better than when we spent a fortune in Paris. Just a thought. xxx.

rach109
2nd January 2008, 22:41
I think you have enough for a fortnight in Florida. We paid ?1800 for one week at International Drive and one week at Disney. Would you consider Florida? In my opinion, Disneyland Paris is great but after 2 days we had seen everything. Orlando on the other hand is fantastic - if you pick your hotels wisely you don't have to drive. The park tickets are expensive but we found everything else really good value - much better than when we spent a fortune in Paris. Just a thought. xxx.

wow !! :shocked:

how many was that for ? and when did you go ?

The Bobbo's
2nd January 2008, 22:43
We went 25 April - 9 May 2007. Two adults one child - one week staying at Quality Inn Plaza and one week at All Star Movies.

princessmoneysaver
2nd January 2008, 22:52
I was considering Florida but with the kids never been abroad before was a bit dubious about taking them a long way, how long do the flights take? Your price seems really good though.

The Bobbo's
2nd January 2008, 22:58
The flights are about 9 hours, but it's not too bad particularly if you can entertain your little ones with the seatback tv. Coming home, the flight is overnight, so you'll probably find both children sleep the majority of the flight. I would think that having the same language would be beneficial to your children plus the food will be very familiar.

Have fun looking at all your options!

rach109
2nd January 2008, 23:01
We went 25 April - 9 May 2007. Two adults one child - one week staying at Quality Inn Plaza and one week at All Star Movies.

thanks

cant rep,i'm all out for today !

wolves
4th January 2008, 23:42
I was considering Florida but with the kids never been abroad before was a bit dubious about taking them a long way, how long do the flights take? Your price seems really good though.

We're looking to go to Florida either October half term this year or Feb half term next plus a week of school time, and have had quotes of around ?2500, for Kissimee area.

We've been to Paris several times, and while being wonderful, 5 days 4 nights is the most you'd want to spend there in one break. We've thought about going for longer and going into Paris and doing "real" French things (as opposed to mouse orientated ones!), but have never won the fight with 2 young boys when Disney is on their doorstep why would we want to go on a train to see a tower?!

rach109
6th January 2008, 13:03
We're looking to go to Florida either October half term this year or Feb half term next plus a week of school time, and have had quotes of around ?2500, for Kissimee area.

We've been to Paris several times, and while being wonderful, 5 days 4 nights is the most you'd want to spend there in one break. We've thought about going for longer and going into Paris and doing "real" French things (as opposed to mouse orientated ones!), but have never won the fight with 2 young boys when Disney is on their doorstep why would we want to go on a train to see a tower?!

we are hoping to take in Paris this time round,my boys are older though 11 & 5 and quite excited about a city trip! :)

also might try Parc Asterix ( payable with deals :D)

snowball2
6th January 2008, 13:36
We have been a couple of times and stayed here (http://www.frenchlife.co.uk/uce/fl?action=readParentDetails&cottageParentId=421266&startdate=&duration=&sleeps=4&propertyTypeId=4) although not with french life or deals (we saw the french life vans and our eurosites rep said they were the best on the site), we do drive so used it as a base and drove to disney & parc asterix (IMO far better than disney), although they do run coach trips from the site too.

There is lots to do locally too, and a train station in the next town if you want to visit paris. We only stayed a week each time, really you need 10 - 14 nights to take everything in if your doing more than just disney.

I drove there each time from north wales, and we caught the sea cat which is a better and quicker crossing if you are driving. I would like to go again but hubby wants to fly drive this time, we'll see :rolleyes:

Mamzie
6th January 2008, 15:29
How long or how far was Disney and Parc Asterix from there please Snowball. I've been looking at that site and Camping Les Etangs Fleuris with French Life as the apartment that are close to disney are no good to us.

We have annual dream passes to Disney so can park, etc for free there.

We need kitchen and an oven so that I can bake bread for dd due to her allergies you see.

rach109
6th January 2008, 15:45
We have been a couple of times and stayed here (http://www.frenchlife.co.uk/uce/fl?action=readParentDetails&cottageParentId=421266&startdate=&duration=&sleeps=4&propertyTypeId=4) although not with french life or deals (we saw the french life vans and our eurosites rep said they were the best on the site), we do drive so used it as a base and drove to disney & parc asterix (IMO far better than disney), although they do run coach trips from the site too.

There is lots to do locally too, and a train station in the next town if you want to visit paris. We only stayed a week each time, really you need 10 - 14 nights to take everything in if your doing more than just disney.

I drove there each time from north wales, and we caught the sea cat which is a better and quicker crossing if you are driving. I would like to go again but hubby wants to fly drive this time, we'll see :rolleyes:

we have been there twice with the SUN holidays ,we love it ! :)

rach109
6th January 2008, 20:30
How long or how far was Disney from there please Snowball. I've been looking at that site and Camping Les Etangs Fleuris with French Life as the apartment that are close to disney are no good to us.

We need kitchen and an oven so that I can bake bread for dd due to her allergies you see.

Disney is around 1 hour ( easy) drive from La Croix Du Vieux Pont

Les Etangs Fleuris is not as nice apparently, but closer,at 25 mins drive away from DLRP

HTH

snowball2
7th January 2008, 10:48
How long or how far was Disney and Parc Asterix from there please Snowball. I've been looking at that site and Camping Les Etangs Fleuris with French Life as the apartment that are close to disney are no good to us.

Yes I heard that Etangs Fleuris wasnt very nice, ok for a short break on your way further south.

I would say that DLP & Asterix take about the same time to get to from memory. The reps on the park were very helpful and gave us a sheet with directions for visiting both. Use multimap (http://www.multimap.com/)for directions & distances.

Going back to Asterix, although far more geared to the french market it was far better value both on the door and inside than disney, the park has more to do for all ages and the queues were really short. They have a collusuim with chariot racing, dolphins and really big rollercoasters for the thrill seekers. My two were 18m & 5 1/2 when we went and they really enjoyed it there more that Disney, we visted Disney on a really busy day (even though it was May) and they hardly went on anything all day due to the queues.

We stayed in a 3 bed deluxe caravan (http://www.eurocamp.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=accommodation.Accomdetail&ver=1&AccomID=1187) with eurocamp and they had a range style cooker in the caravan.