PDA

View Full Version : marriot problems

shoppaholic45
3rd January 2008, 09:31
Just tried to book a marriot hotel for the 14th february for two nights, ordered my deals last night, to find out today that if you are using clubcard deals then there is no avaiablity that night but it you are paying in cash there is. Was told that there was avaiablity on the 25th feb, asked her to hold while i spoke to my oh got back to the phone and she had hung up, so had to phone back again, to be told next availabity would be 11 april. Three phone calls, first two didn't understand me. Has anyone else had this. I know it says on tesco club card website that certain dates may not be available but didn't thing it would be this hard

ninja_ang
3rd January 2008, 09:49
I'm afraid it can be this hard, the hotels only allocate a certain ammount of rooms to "offers" as they want to leave the rooms open for people paying full price.
It is pot luck whether your hotel will have any allocation or not!
xxx

shoppaholic45
3rd January 2008, 09:52
Thanks ninja. Ive decided to stay one night at the hilton which i can get for the 28 and decided to go to bella itallia, do i have to send the vouchers back when i get them for the marriot and if so how long will they take to get back to my account before i can reorder for the hilton and bella itallia

shoppaholic45
3rd January 2008, 09:52

shoppaholic45
3rd January 2008, 09:53

shoppaholic45
3rd January 2008, 09:55
sorry silly think, managed to dulipcate my self

ninja_ang
3rd January 2008, 09:56
You were obviously very greatful to me to post 3 times lol!
IF you send them back to Tesco I would ask to swap them for other deals instead of having them recredited to your account as it will be quicker.
xxx

shoppaholic45
3rd January 2008, 10:01
lol, don't mean to appear dum but how do i do that, do i post them and put a letter in saying that, and do you know how long it would take please

ninja_ang
3rd January 2008, 10:03
Not sure how long it would take as I have never done it myself before. Yes I would send them special or recorded delivery with a letter to the TEsco Freetime address in Crawley.
Maybe someone else has done it before and they will be more help, if not give them a buzz and ask them, you don't have to give any details then!
xxx

SuzyWoo
3rd January 2008, 10:22
I noticed that you can check availability on the marriot site. Put the tesco code T85 in the corporate code box.

shoppaholic45
3rd January 2008, 10:30
I phoned clubcard up and they where very helpful, she said that i can use my vouchers for the hotel and for italia, and don't have to change them. I rung hilton back to book had been quoted 136.50 first time, when i called back they quoted me 159.00 so told them what i had been quoted before then i got cut off by them. So called again and got quoted 159.00 told cs that i had been quoted 136.50 before and cs said it would be 132 so am very happy with that, that seems to be be the same price as the online price and she was very helpful. Am exicted now, going to go to bella itallia, do i need to book and will 60 pounds of vouchers be enough

shoppaholic45
3rd January 2008, 10:34
Thanks suzy

lizzie18
3rd January 2008, 10:36
I have booked yesterday - first of all i tried no wnd of hotels through hilton and none available if using tesco but the 1st marriott i tried was not a problem, and thats for feb.

shoppaholic45
3rd January 2008, 10:37
I have booked yesterday - first of all i tried no wnd of hotels through hilton and none available if using tesco but the 1st marriott i tried was not a problem, and thats for feb.

It must depend on the area, as i was trying the york one. It shouldn't be so hard thou i think