PDA

View Full Version : bella itallia

shoppaholic45
3rd January 2008, 10:40
Me and my oh are going to go to bella italia in york as we are staying in the hilton there, do we need to book and will 60 pounds in vouches be enough as thats what i will have left over when i have paid for the hotel. Do they include drinks or is it just the food. Omg can't believe ive booked our first clubcard deal, thank you everyone for all your help, wouldn't have been possible without this site

SuzyWoo
3rd January 2008, 10:46
I would book as they can get busy. ?60 should be plenty. I love York - going to take my Mom there for a Deals treat! ;)

shoppaholic45
3rd January 2008, 10:49
Thank you suzy, will give them a ring now. Do i need to tell them that iam using clubard vouchers

fluffybunny
3rd January 2008, 10:50
?60 should be plenty. i dont think you need to tell them. when i have when i've arrived they dont batt an eyelid!

i've been to quite a few different Bella Italias.... the house red is lovely

Some allow you to pay in full with deals (ie, inc drinks), some don't . the deals info sheet says no drinks ... Havent been to York so couldnt tell you about that one.

have a look at their menu here - http://www.bellaitalia.co.uk/taste.php

SuzyWoo
3rd January 2008, 10:51
No, no need till you come to pay.

ruthie
3rd January 2008, 10:51
?60 would be plenty for food as you can't use the vouchers on drinks unless your very lucky. Here's a link for the York Bella Italia so you can have a look at the menu to give you an idea of how much it would cost:
http://www.bellaitalia.co.uk/locations_restaurant.php?id=23

If you fancy treating yourselves though, I would go to Cafe Rouge, more expensive, but again ?60 should be more than enough.
http://www.caferouge.co.uk/locations_restaurant.php?id=16

SuzyWoo
3rd January 2008, 10:52
Just read they aren't all included? Just check they accept them once you've got your table booked in that case!

addictedtosaving
3rd January 2008, 10:54
?60 would be plenty for food as you can't use the vouchers on drinks unless your very lucky. Here's a link for the York Bella Italia so you can have a look at the menu to give you an idea of how much it would cost:
http://www.bellaitalia.co.uk/locations_restaurant.php?id=23

If you fancy treating yourselves though, I would go to Cafe Rouge, more expensive, but again ?60 should be more than enough.
http://www.caferouge.co.uk/locations_restaurant.php?id=16

I agree. Bella Italia is nice but Cafe Rouge is better. Also, from my experiences of using Deals at these two places I have never been allowed to use Deals for drinks at Bella Italia but 3 out of 4 times I was able to pay for drinks with Deals at Cafe Rouge.

Hope you have a good time.

SuzyWoo
3rd January 2008, 10:57
I have to agree, given the choice, Cafe Rouge every time! That's not to say BI isn't nice though...

shoppaholic45
3rd January 2008, 11:30
Thank you addicted, suzy and fluffy, and ruthie, have booked cafe rouge, can''t wait

mhoc
5th January 2008, 17:19
Wild with envy. When are you going?

Also in York where you can use Tesco clubcard deals is Ha Ha, reckon about ?10 to ?15. We have been there several times, probally need to book for the eveinings.

Might not be a good idea to go to Bella Italia on Monday evening, student night.

Lunch times there is a ?1 sandwich shop, think its the shambles or go to Marks in the middle of town, plenty of places to sit and eat outside.

Deal can also be used to go to the Jorkvik centre. Might be a rumour but they say the "smells" are refreshed on a Monday so avoid early in the week. We only went once, OMG talk about authentic smells.

If you are into Time team and archelogical digs find Hungate, not sure wether thye are working through the winter but we went in August and had the most brilliant guided sight tour.

Also if you go to the White horse pub just on the corner of Bootham, little pub set into the walls and there is a gorgeosu blonde girl behind the bar that is my eldest. :D She is a second year uni student in York, hence why we know so much about the place!

Me and my oh are going to go to bella italia in york as we are staying in the hilton there, do we need to book and will 60 pounds in vouches be enough as thats what i will have left over when i have paid for the hotel. Do they include drinks or is it just the food. Omg can't believe ive booked our first clubcard deal, thank you everyone for all your help, wouldn't have been possible without this site

shoppaholic45
5th January 2008, 18:08
Thank you mhoc for the information will come in very useful, we are going on the 29 february for night. Does your daughter like it there and how is she finding uni, im hoping that i will get into uni next year, hopefully leeds

tyroleandancer
5th January 2008, 18:49
I ate in Cafe Uno last week and Cafe Rouge yesterday
Struggled to spend ?40 in vouchers

Have a good time :)

mhoc
5th January 2008, 20:01
Thank you mhoc for the information will come in very useful, we are going on the 29 february for night. Does your daughter like it there and how is she finding uni, im hoping that i will get into uni next year, hopefully leeds

Leeds uni is brilliant, my daughters best mate is from Leeds. Everyone is very friendly and you cant help but make friends.

Eldest son might also be going to Leeds in October, not sure wether the course he wants is now running in York. or if he will even get any exam results :mad:

In the mean time get good exam results, save every penny that you can because you will need it, the social life at uni is huge. First year is not too bad but second year the work load is a lot worse. Third year you might not even be able to work at all. Best thing my daughter did was to get her pub job within weeks of going up, regular bit of money plus extra shifts if need be, middle of town so a good meeting place and within walking distance of uni, shops and the flat.

Where you will be at the Hilton is right in the middle of town but in York everyone walks everywhere. If you need a Tesco fix just find a bus and go to either of the two Tescos, Askam Bar or Clifton Morre easier than trying to navigate the ring road system. Also three Boots stores!

Also there is a little Jacksons (like sainsburys) at Bootham, just up from the bar.

There is a free walking tour of the city which starts from the art gallery, I loved it but history is my thing, it is very long though, my offspring hated it!

If you get a cold afternoon go to the rail museum, plenty to see and it keeps you out of the elements. Trying to fit everything is is going to be your main problem, so much to do.

Havent found anywhere cheap in York for a cup of tea/hot drink, BHS in the middle has a cafe, better than nothing.

Are you on facebook?

gobbyash
11th March 2008, 08:05
Hi shoppaholic45

How did your trip go?

Just looking on this thread for info on Bella Italia as we are going to Edinburgh on 12/13 April.

gobby