PDA

View Full Version : Best Way to Use 30,000 Nectar points?

shopaholic2
4th January 2008, 21:59
I have got 30,000 nectar points which I want to use up as soon as i can. I have never really found any good travel deals using nectar points with ebookers. Anyone have any good ideas?

sandhabibi
4th January 2008, 22:09
Shopping spree in sainsburys. :smile:

shopsomemore
4th January 2008, 22:11
Not sure if they still do it but now and then they used to do specials where the points were worth twice as much I used to use them in Adams for the kids clothes before they stopped taking them. Other than that I have no idea really.

soph16
4th January 2008, 22:15
How about Argos? You can use them there[ 500 points-2.50, i think]hth

Raffles
4th January 2008, 22:24
You'll get 150 anywhere (well, Sainsbury or Argos). The key is to hold out for a promo that gives you a better deal than 0.5p per point, which is getting increasingly difficult.

If you pay for gym membership, you'll get a good deal by cancelling and switching to Cannons, using the '500 points per visit' vouchers - but that is one of the few good deals.

I'd hold off and wait for a decent promo to come around, unless you need the cash - in which case, Sainsbury or Argos or Debenhams.

akh46
4th January 2008, 22:25
I use some of mine on blockbuster dvd hire, 500 points or 2.50 = 1 dvd hire worth 3.95 at my local store. I used 2 lots on saturday and got 3 films as there was an offer on hire 2 get 3rd free and keep for a week, much better than having to take back the next day.

I also use some in Debenhams and Argos.

djl1963
5th January 2008, 08:46
Brought theatre vouchers with mine. Had a fab day out in London with my daughters.

shopaholic2
5th January 2008, 11:19
thanks for these suggestions - will sit on them for a while a look out for a good promotion. EDF have just offered me another 5,000 points for swapping energy suppliers which boosts the total.

mumof4
5th January 2008, 12:02
I'm also sure that I used a load in adams and they were worth double. When I last spent them in there I got over 150 of reduced clothes and most were 1/2 price so saved a load of cash.

Raffles
5th January 2008, 14:49
thanks for these suggestions - will sit on them for a while a look out for a good promotion. EDF have just offered me another 5,000 points for swapping energy suppliers which boosts the total.

EDF is quite expensive - I'd use a price comparison site before you do it, or at least wait until after the winter peak. I have just switched away from them to E.On, lured by the 60 Quidco cashback and clubcard points - and the fact that E.On was cheapest when I searched!

That said, all of the electricity prices will be in a flux for a few weeks as the other suppliers edge up their prices in response to NPowers 17% rise yesterday ....

shopaholic2
5th January 2008, 19:17
EDF is quite expensive - I'd use a price comparison site before you do it, or at least wait until after the winter peak. I have just switched away from them to E.On, lured by the 60 Quidco cashback and clubcard points - and the fact that E.On was cheapest when I searched!

That said, all of the electricity prices will be in a flux for a few weeks as the other suppliers edge up their prices in response to NPowers 17% rise yesterday ....

thanks for this Raffles - not yet committed so will do price comparison

markat
5th January 2008, 19:19
If you like reading the book ordering service is very good - used it at Christmas

dasher
13th January 2008, 12:06
If you like reading the book ordering service is very good - used it at Christmas

Totally agree with that - the books I have ordered from them have arrived within a few days of ordering, even just before Christmas. Very impressed with their service.