PDA

View Full Version : Another Hilton Q - sorry

poogis
6th January 2008, 10:27
Anyone have a rough idea of how much a Hilton would cost per night?

Trying to work out cost of going to London for 3 nights, don't know if it's better to use deals, or book an independent hotel for cash, and use deals for days out instead.

Thanks again everyone for being patient with all my annoying questions!

Poogis

cherry pie
6th January 2008, 10:47
i think the hilton islington was about ?120 a night, could have been a little less though. its a great location too, right next to the tube station and lots of places to eat nearby.

poogis
6th January 2008, 10:49
Thanks!
I am driving my family mad running on about holidays/breaks etc, but as we didn't go anywhere last year I am determined to sort something out this time!

Thanks ever so much for your help!

Poogis

hometemp
6th January 2008, 11:01
If you go to the hilton website and type PR20TC as a promotional codes it should show all the hotels with rooms available that you can pay with deals and prices.

flossycandy
6th January 2008, 11:29
We have booked Gatwick Hilton and the room was ?210 per night.

Raffles
6th January 2008, 11:47
hilton.co.uk ....

Not sure what you mean by 'independent' hotel, but even the worst Hilton on deals will still be a better deal than a cheap London fire-trap independently owned 1-star .... On the other hand, there are Travelodges and Holiday Inn Expresses that are far more modern than some of the older neglected Hiltons - do your research on tripadvisor.com before booking.

For a weekend, ?150 (so ?40 of Deals) will get you one of the central London properties. Paddington, Canary Wharf, London Bridge / Tower Bridge are the three newest but they have also spent a lot of money jazzing up the Waldorf on the Strand. Park Lane is partly refurbished and partly not - my brother is staying there next weekend so I'll be able to get a proper look round.

poogis
6th January 2008, 20:27
[QUOTE=Raffles;410767]hilton.co.uk ....

Not sure what you mean by 'independent' hotel, but even the worst Hilton on deals will still be a better deal than a cheap London fire-trap independently owned 1-star ....

I was looking on lastminute.com and found some good bargains, which didn't look dodgy!! I have thought about travel inn etc, just fancied the idea of paying with deals.

I will ring Hilton for a quote tomorrow, as I cannot get any prices for family rooms for 5 online.

Thanks for advice!

Poogis

boysmum
6th January 2008, 21:26
I have booked with deals Hilton Hide park, ?150 pound a night with breakfast, That is for two of us next month