PDA

View Full Version : Vouchers sent back to Tesco's!

Miss Wetwipe
8th January 2008, 16:13
I cancelled a holiday recently and I just phoned them to find out what was happening about the refund and they said that they had sent the vouchers back to Tesco's! :eek:

Kinda bricking it cos the vouchers were from various different accounts and addresses - but my question is how long will it take Tesco's to re-credit them back to the original accounts (fingers crossed they will)!

Mamzie
8th January 2008, 16:28
eekk, omg, I have no idea but hope someone can help.

fourboys
8th January 2008, 16:40
I had to get some vouchers refunded which I had used with Avis rent-a-car. I wrote to Avis and returned the vouchers to them in July and it was November before I got a letter from tesco to say they had been refunded to my account - so expect it to take quite a while!

Hope they all get refunded for you.

Miss Wetwipe
8th January 2008, 16:45
Thanks fourboys - Cosmos apparantly returned the vouchers to Tesco's directly......... Will just keep my fingers crossed I guess.

(Sorry guys, all out of reps)

chirpy007
8th January 2008, 20:11
Goood god women, this is going to be interesting.

I can just see some member of staff sitting on a computer wondering why all the deals come from different accounts and different address, lets hope they arent a jobs worth :eek::eek::D

Mamzie
8th January 2008, 21:45
Fourboys, had you used the vouchers with Avis please?

Miss W, I'm sorry, but I think you may need to contact Cosmos and make sure that they know what they are doing. I'm looking at the Lazer Eye deals at moment so was reading the T&Cs, I really hope that point 16 won't apply in your case, but its a lot to gamble with.

Maybe they need to send the vouchers back to you for you to return them if they are still in date, iyswim.

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/p.aspx?id=dealstcs

The Bobbo's
8th January 2008, 21:58
I had two flights cancelled by XL last September/October time and had the vouchers sent back direct to Tesco too. I received two letters from Tesco apologising that I could not use my vouchers and that they would be credited back to my account in time for the February mailing. Like you, they came from different accounts, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all will be ok. It does seem a really long time to wait though particularly as I received the notification in time for the November mailing.

Miss Wetwipe
8th January 2008, 22:10
Thanks again guys - will just have to see what happens I guess........ Got enough stress at the moment without having to worry about the vouchers. In my head I've kind of written them off so if they appear in my account/s it will be a bonus.

Thanks for all of your thoughts on this and sharing your experiences.... Will rep soon! :hug:

ChickenCottage
9th January 2008, 10:26
Returned vouchers don't generally show on your online total either, so it's a long wait.
I can't see how they could possibly not give them back to you, but they might try a wee merge or two with you, if they take a notion.

Maverick
9th January 2008, 10:29
Dont fret they will appear back on your account, I am sure of it. Its not your faullt what cosmos have done so dont worry.

Miss Wetwipe
9th January 2008, 10:33
Thanks guys............ :hug:

hydro
9th January 2008, 10:34
Hey, don't worry - it could just be a family who have cancelled their holiday - therefore different accounts. I'm sure they'll be recredited without problem.

fourboys
9th January 2008, 10:49
Fourboys, had you used the vouchers with Avis please?

Miss W, I'm sorry, but I think you may need to contact Cosmos and make sure that they know what they are doing. I'm looking at the Lazer Eye deals at moment so was reading the T&Cs, I really hope that point 16 won't apply in your case, but its a lot to gamble with.

Maybe they need to send the vouchers back to you for you to return them if they are still in date, iyswim.

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/p.aspx?id=dealstcs

I had booked two cars with Avis, but then decided to just hire one. Avis had converted the vouchers and sent Avis vouchers to use when I collected the car. It was these that I sent back to Avis who, I presume, then notified Tesco. I think my letter from tesco also said they would appear in Febs statement.

kmdply
9th January 2008, 13:46
I cancelled flights with Xl last summer. They sent the vouchers back to tesco and they credited them to my next statement. About 10 days before cut off date the amount showed on my online statement.

Mine came from different accounts (same surname and address) but I ordered them all through 1 account. They were all credited to the account I ordered from.

Leads Bradcluc
10th January 2008, 08:40
Thanks again guys - will just have to see what happens I guess........ Got enough stress at the moment without having to worry about the vouchers. In my head I've kind of written them off so if they appear in my account/s it will be a bonus.

Thanks for all of your thoughts on this and sharing your experiences.... Will rep soon! :hug:

So if you have so much stress, why try and cheat the system :rolleyes:

Irishsmurfy
10th January 2008, 09:11

I wouldn't look at it as "cheating the system" - more like "working the system"!! A lot of us have multiple accounts - which by the way is not against Tesco terms and conditions!!! Per Tesco we are allowed up to 10 clubcards per address. However I think possibly having accounts at more than one address is the only part of the system being worked!!

By the way - welcome to PTS Leads Bradcluc - we might not always agree on points of view but at least we can agree to disagree!!

Mamzie
10th January 2008, 09:37

welcome to PTS Leads, quite a strange first post I thought :rolleyes:

Mamzie
10th January 2008, 09:38
I cancelled flights with Xl last summer. They sent the vouchers back to tesco and they credited them to my next statement. About 10 days before cut off date the amount showed on my online statement.

Mine came from different accounts (same surname and address) but I ordered them all through 1 account. They were all credited to the account I ordered from.

thats good to know, thanks for sharing.

chirpy007
10th January 2008, 18:43

Sorry but why are you here?

I would assume like the rest of us you want help with collecting more points, this may mean to maximise your total you may need to "cheat as you put it" the system. If not then there is no point in joining is there :confused:

I would also like to add that this is one of the most welcoming and friendly sites i have used and post like yours arent particulary pleasant or helpful.

ConfusedShopper
10th January 2008, 18:54
Sorry but why are you here?

I would assume like the rest of us you want help with collecting more points, this may mean to maximise your total you may need to "cheat as you put it" the system. If not then there is no point in joining is there :confused:

I would also like to add that this is one of the most welcoming and friendly sites i have used and post like yours arent particulary pleasant or helpful.

Well said chirpy007 I totally agree with you it's not cheating the system but working the system. Very strange first post to introduce yourself with - kinda endears you to him - not:rolleyes:

ConfusedShopper
10th January 2008, 18:55
Sorry, I meant to say 'her'!