PDA

View Full Version : My house update

meemo38
9th January 2008, 14:05
Well as you may remember i got offered a 4 bedroomed council house last novemeber, the workmen started their repairs in dec and obviously had a long mas holiday before xmas till 2nd or 3rd jan, so we thought we would pop up today and be cheeky and ask if we could take some measurements..we took a peek just before xmas, anyway we wanted measurements for the bedrooms, and a nosey LOL, so the new doors are all on inside and for the built in cupboards in 2 bedrooms, new bath is in, and new sink, also downstairs loo, although not sure if this one is new, the one upstairs is still out, i am taking it that one might be new when put back in.
The chap was doing the kitchen, will be nice and new, but cra* white units with silver handles, and white worksop...Welshy is so lucky to have black...which i want LOL, anyway we will get settled, then buy new doors and workops and add a few more top cupboards as they have only put a few up on one wall.
We asked when they might be finished and he said hopefully this week, so will be pretty busy as we are going to crack on now with boxing and packing, and decorating as soon as we get the keys, cant wait to have 2 loos LOL, especially a downstairs loo....saddo that i am hehe
Think thats it.
Michelle

SuzyWoo
9th January 2008, 14:07
Glad it's getting a move on now for you!

Grinder
9th January 2008, 14:07
Sounds really nice Michelle.. good luck :)

shopsomemore
9th January 2008, 14:29
Oh good stuff. Won't be long to go then.

flookie
9th January 2008, 14:35
Thats great michelle,i am soo envious of you! But in a nice way!! Check out argos as they have quite a lot of curtains and poles in the sale also lamps and lights.

tree-top
9th January 2008, 14:40
Awww Michelle ...that really is good news. I will keep my fingers crossed that they finish next week. When they've done send them over to my house so i can get it finished and move outta this blinkin cold caravan at the bottom of my garden! brrrrr *shivers & wipes icicle off her nose*
Love to all your family and A happy New 'house' Year!!! :)

mmm
9th January 2008, 16:18
Thats great news michelle. Something nice to look forward to

Maldives
9th January 2008, 17:22
:clap2: sounds exciting...

tiger
9th January 2008, 17:23
It sounds lovely, Michelle.
I think you will probably get a new loo fitted. DH is a builder and says it's easier to fit new than secondhand. It will make life easier having two, with a big family.

meemo38
9th January 2008, 19:39
Thanks Flookie, after reading your message i checked argos, and am now the owner of a curtain pole and hold backs with cars on, a set of 2 reversible blue and red duvet covers, and a set of 2 jeff banks, chocolate duvet covers for just over ?25.
Was a nice suprise with the red and blue ones as i thought i just got one, and i got 2!!!!
Going to rep you:D
Just need a nice pair of urtains to match the red and blue now.

awww shucks says i have to spread the luuurrrrrvvvvv before giving it you again.

Thats great michelle,i am soo envious of you! But in a nice way!! Check out argos as they have quite a lot of curtains and poles in the sale also lamps and lights.

flookie
9th January 2008, 22:18
Glad i could help hun.Something else that might help is looking at the b&q sale,they have discounts on some wallpaper,shelving,bedrooms and other stuff,cant remember it all,am assuming it is nation wide.

alibongo
9th January 2008, 23:38
Hi Meemo, we are now safely put in our new 4 bed home, and 2 loo's is a godsend and we now have somewhere to put a dining table. We still have loads to go but at least we finally have a home where we are not on top of each other all the time.......its going to be hard work but so worth it.

princesskerry
9th January 2008, 23:51
Really pleased for you Michelle, I know what you mean about two loos that is my idea of heaven without even mentioning four bedrooms. Only downside..............more hoovering! lol!:D