PDA

View Full Version : Lotto tickets from Tesco

rainbow
9th January 2008, 18:55
I found out something today that I never knew before! The lady in front of me at the checkout asked for Lotto tickets and the SA printed them off for her and she paid them with her shopping. I queried it, and the SA says they've been able to do this for ages at the normal tills, but only if it's a lucky dip or you have the slip with your chosen numbers ready written out. Did everybody know this except me?

dune
9th January 2008, 18:59
i remember them making keyfob with lottery numbers on so they could just scan it instead of the paper slip or inputting the numbers

not sure if they still do this

Beccah
9th January 2008, 19:14
As far as I know, I think its only lucky dips that you can buy from the checkout. Anything else has to go through the proper lottery till.

Coupon-madder
9th January 2008, 19:19
I thought that if you had regular numbers you could get these programmed in (maybe connected to your clubcard?) so that the till knows your numbers. Maybe that's what the lady did, never done it myself though.

You could ask how to do this when next at the lottery kiosk, then tell us all on here!

Beccah
9th January 2008, 19:21
I thought that if you had regular numbers you could get these programmed in (maybe connected to your clubcard?) so that the till knows your numbers. Maybe that's what the lady did, never done it myself though.

You could ask how to do this when next at the lottery kiosk, then tell us all on here!

Aahhhh....must have been mis-informed by the last SA that I asked...how surprising ;)
Apologies for the bad advice! :behindsofa:

rainbow
9th January 2008, 19:25
The SA said something about being able to do it if you had your numbers already written out. I assumed she meant on the proper slip, but maybe she meant another way. I'm sure someone will be along soon to confirm.:)

bargainsneeded
9th January 2008, 19:48
hya i have one of these! you go to the normal lottery stand with your numbers and ask the SA to put them on a permanent card to use at the checkouts, its blue and white has your numbers on and is about the size of a bus pass in a clear plastic wallet, you then hand to SA every time u shop or when u want lotto put on etc, and it goes on your bill save queing with the rest of em, most shops and retailers accept them not just tesco! hope ive shed some light

shopsomemore
9th January 2008, 19:52
I have these too. Not used them much at the till as I don't like having receipt tickets - we know what oil does to receipts - can you imagine!!

Last time I got my tickets them at the till, with a small, handed over a couple of mocs and the total was less than the cost of two lottery tickets !! So you can use mocs.

markat
9th January 2008, 20:00
Interesting way of using up excess MOCs on their expiry date.

shopsomemore
9th January 2008, 20:23
Imagine if you won though and not 'paid' for the tickets!!

WELSH-DRAGON
9th January 2008, 23:26
I do this quite often ........... I have my blue and white plastic lottery card and get my lottery tickets every week. If I am out tescoing and my balance goes down to a silly amount (less than ?1) I get them to scan my lottery ticket and then the balance is still nice and low but at a level I feel comfortable with

if I am tescoing and I miscalculate and they cannot use the last 2 mocs due to the fact that my balance would be in theory credit, I buy my lottery then I can use my mocs.

I always say to OH - if I win the lottery I'd give up my mocs using in a flash ......

but then again maybe I wouldn't as I like my bargains

Welshy x

chrissy71
10th January 2008, 09:52
I have bought ny lotto for the last 2 years at the till when paying for my shopping. It so much easier then going to the main lotto till. Its always busy with people buying their cigs.

Can you collect your winnings (if ur lucky enough) from another place if your winning ticket is from a Tesco till. I always go back to Tesco incase I get refused elsewhere.

rainbow
10th January 2008, 15:02
Interesting question chrissy........hopefully someone will know. I'd like to know to, just in case :rolleyes:

WELSH-DRAGON
10th January 2008, 20:18
I know, I know ! yes indeedy

we won ?10 last weekend on the lottery with the tesco lottery receipt and I took it to the local corner paper shop and she gave me my winnings. Its just a case of them scanning the barcode which shows the prize amount.

Welshy x

fluffybunny
10th January 2008, 20:25
I do my lottery by direct debit!

i was always forgetting to do it until 7.25 on a Saturday and then it was a mad rush to get it!

if i win, they email me and pay it into my account automatically!

DaisyChain
10th January 2008, 20:28
I do that too Fluffy - easy peasy

rainbow
10th January 2008, 20:33
Thanks, welshy! Now I just need a winning ticket :D

WELSH-DRAGON
10th January 2008, 20:45
I won a year's supply of lottery tickets with the South Wales Echo (one draw a week)

and I won

ZILCH

still got to be in it to win it !

Welshy x

WELSH-DRAGON
10th January 2008, 20:47
I can see the headline now ...........

Tesco moneysaver hits the jackpot with her bargain shop and says I'll never use a money off voucher again !

TetrisX
11th January 2008, 00:16
This is actually better than it sounds, because this is the only way I know of (there may be more) to purchase Lottery tickets using a credit card. I have purchased tickets with shopping and paid by card no problem. If you have a cashback card, then it's a bonus :)

However you do not get Clubcard points on till lottery tickets, it shows the value separately on the receipt.

chrissy71
11th January 2008, 09:32
I know, I know ! yes indeedy

we won ?10 last weekend on the lottery with the tesco lottery receipt and I took it to the local corner paper shop and she gave me my winnings. Its just a case of them scanning the barcode which shows the prize amount.

Welshy x

Thats good to know. I have always been wary of going elsewhere with the tesco lotto receipt/ticket. Always think it might be refused coz it wasn't purchased where collecting the winnings. other tickets (obviously) aren't that obvious to where they have been purchased.

fluffybunny
11th January 2008, 12:18
This is actually better than it sounds, because this is the only way I know of (there may be more) to purchase Lottery tickets using a credit card. I have purchased tickets with shopping and paid by card no problem. If you have a cashback card, then it's a bonus :)

However you do not get Clubcard points on till lottery tickets, it shows the value separately on the receipt.

you can use a credit card on the lottery website

plus, if you join through quidco, you get 50p for registering and another ?3.50 when you buy your first ticket
- http://www.quidco.com/national-lottery-lotto/

WELSH-DRAGON
11th January 2008, 18:35
I was getting diesel today at the tesco petrol station (oops stated the obvious there), and whilst there I asked for a lucky dip lotto ticket for Saturday so didnt even have to use a lottery ticket slip/card - I did request it was a "winning" ticket so fingers crossed.

Welshy x

chrissy71
12th January 2008, 00:54
since when did the tesco petrol stations sell tickets?
are they forecourts that have been takenover by tescos or next to the extra stores?

rainbow
12th January 2008, 16:38
Good luck welshy!