PDA

View Full Version : MOC barcode help

beba
10th January 2008, 12:39
Can someone explaine how these work, am I right by saying that if they start 990 they they will can on anything?

Coupon-madder
10th January 2008, 12:41
If a barcode starts with 99 it will scan on anything unless:

a) Tesco don't stock the product (e.g. Ozkleen)

or b) It has been blocked at the till so it only works against the product (e.g. Tesco's own logo coupons - usually, if they remember to do this!)

But - and it's a big BUT - if a coupon 'scans anyway', it's not a licence to use it at Tesco if the coupon states a specific store like 'Sainsburys/Superdrug only'**. No-one should be putting coupons like that through even if they get accepted at the till. Tesco cannot redeem them and you could get into big trouble if spotted (or your store may tighten up on their coupon policy as a result, stopping you using any without buying the product).

**BTW I'm not saying you meant this type of coupon! Just thought it was a good place to warn newbies not to try, it's a risky waste of time and very annoying to your average 'honest couponer' like moi, as well as to Mr T!

HTH :)

dune
10th January 2008, 12:43
Can someone explaine how these work, am I right by saying that if they start 990 they they will can on anything?

not if they are store specific
ie. a tesco coupon ..you need to buy the product usually even though it begins with 99

beba
10th January 2008, 12:49
I would never use a sainsburys MOC in Tesco! What I've got here is ?1 off Drynites and I thought I would try it with value nappy's. Thanks for the help!

Coupon-madder
10th January 2008, 12:51
I would never use a sainsburys MOC in Tesco! What I've got here is ?1 off Drynites and I thought I would try it with value nappy's. Thanks for the help!

Good, you are fine with this one at T even if you buy no nappies at all!

And BTW you can use one type of Sainsburys coupon in Tesco, legitimately, and that's the Spend & Save type of coupon (e,g, ?3 off when you spend ?30). Just not 30p off bread or even ?3 off when you spend ?30 on Tu clothing, nothing that states a certain product or range.

HTH

beba
10th January 2008, 12:53
:) Thanks - I am a bit nervous but I'll give it a go!!!

Good, you are fine with this one at T even if you buy no nappies at all!

Coupon-madder
10th January 2008, 12:55
If you are nervous just choose a friendly-looking, young-looking person on the till, don't just go to the shortest queue and don't try the self-scan, it will make you feel more jittery if you are having to scan a coupon & shove it in the slot yourself!

There's no reason why anyone would turn a Drynites coupon away in Tesco BUT there are some grumpy middle-aged SA's who might try to refuse or make you feel you're being cheeky to use it.

So go to a young 'un and you should get a smile and 'yes' as they scan it. Good luck!

beba
10th January 2008, 13:02
Good advice - thanks, i'll give it a go as ?1.00 off is a lot!