PDA

View Full Version : AIR MILES

BEARSDEN
21st March 2007, 08:10
I have some club card points that I want to convert to BA miles and was wondering how I go about transferring them.
Do I have to wait until I get my quarterly vouchers from Tesco and then convert them using the online converter function or is there another way to do it before the mailing.:confused:
Appreciate any help on this as I I usually just use my vouchers for shopping in Tesco.

gobbyash
21st March 2007, 08:25
Is your account registered online?

If so, go here>> http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=237

gobbyash

PS Welcome to our friendly forum :)

Raffles
21st March 2007, 08:49
Full details in the first post of this Flyertalk thread, as well as other Tesco miles earning ideas:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641912

BEARSDEN
21st March 2007, 10:01
Yes, thanks for your replies.

Just wondered if there was an easier way to do it. I have looked as I was under the impression that it could be set up automatically but am I right in thinking that service has stopped?

NatsDad
21st March 2007, 10:59
The auto conversion stopped around the time Tesco introduced the online voucher redemption. Like the name BTW, sounds very posh ;)

Gizmos
21st March 2007, 11:03
hi and welcome - yes the auto conversion stopped a while ago - but if you convert on line 9/10 they post within about 24 hours so not really that long to wait plus you are not tied to just redeeming them for BA Miles you can use them elsewhere

BEARSDEN
21st March 2007, 12:43
Like the name BTW, sounds very posh ;)

Even posh people from Bearsden save Tesco points :p

hi and welcome - yes the auto conversion stopped a while ago - but if you convert on line 9/10 they post within about 24 hours so not really that long to wait plus you are not tied to just redeeming them for BA Miles you can use them elsewhere

Thanks for the info.

morrow56
31st May 2007, 11:59
Anyone know how I can change from Airmiles to go back to getting normal Tesco vouchers please

Thanks in advance

Gizmos
31st May 2007, 12:35
do you mean that you have an auto conversion in place and you automatically get Air Miles each quarter? if so then I think you need to phone CS

morrow56
31st May 2007, 12:38
Will do that thanks

markat
1st June 2007, 08:45
I did it by e mail - sent a message via tesco.com and they replied advising they could do this for me, just had to confirm my address - hassle free.

Gizmos
6th August 2007, 21:19
Have 600 Air MIles doing nowt and am thinking of converting these to London Eye tickets for a friend's family- does anyone know if these come with names on as I wouldnt be going?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

taffyswife
6th August 2007, 22:48
This may not be of much help, but I ordered some passes for Legoland from Airmiles - they are just printed coupons which do not have my name on them.

cheeky
7th August 2007, 09:05
I have ordered before and it is just a standard voucher (no Names) but this was a year ago.
Thanks
Sandra

sammybear
7th August 2007, 20:58
Have 600 Air MIles doing nowt and am thinking of converting these to London Eye tickets for a friend's family- does anyone know if these come with names on as I wouldnt be going?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Gizmos, No-they are just a standard Airmiles voucher- they never have names on.

Gizmos
7th August 2007, 21:05
do you know how long they take to come??

rainbow
7th August 2007, 21:20
I think mine took two weeks when I got some last July. Whatever the time allowed was on the website (eg, allow 14 days for delivery) it took the full time to come, so don't rely on them coming sooner. No names on, you just take them into the main building and change them for proper tickets.

Gizmos
7th August 2007, 21:27
so if I want them for end of August better get me fingers typing

taffyswife
7th August 2007, 22:39
Mine took just over 14 working days to get to me.

sammybear
9th August 2007, 20:40
Should always be within 14 days.

V1P3R
11th August 2007, 12:26
i want to upgrade DS to business class so he can travel with us when we use the ames 2 for 1
i have been trying to get a rough idea of price from the site
when buying the PE ticket it gives a choice of lowest price or flex ticket
can you upgrade on either ticket or do you have to buy the more expensive flex ticket??
i have the 25000 miles to upgrade so that will be no problem
also is it best to open up the family acct now before we book - at present i am the only one with a ba acct in the household

jen
11th August 2007, 12:38
Yes you can upgrade the cheapest PE ticket, not sure about best time to make a family account though. Obviously when buy PE to upgrade you need to check reward seat availability.

Gizmos
11th August 2007, 12:39
PE - Premium Economy I presume you mean BA World Traveller Plus (and not Club World)

V1P3R
11th August 2007, 13:16
PE - Premium Economy I presume you mean BA World Traveller Plus (and not Club World)

yes - sorry
WT plus to club world
there is a big price difference between the lowest price ticket and the flex ticket and i only want it to upgrade to the club ticket with the 25000 ba miles

V1P3R
11th August 2007, 16:26
if i buy a WT+ ticket , when do the miles hit my acct?
after the trip has been taken or when i buy the ticket
can i use the miles i will accrue to upgrade the ticket??
or do they have to be used on the next trip

Gizmos
11th August 2007, 16:28
miles and tier points are only given AFTER the flights have been taken

Raffles
11th August 2007, 18:53
You can see the price by doing a dummy booking on the website using 'book and upgrade'. You can do the upgrade from the cheapest non-refundable WT+ tickets.

Remember that there must be THREE seats available for full BA Miles redemptions if you are to do this - 2 for you and 1 for your son to upgrade into. This is because you can only do the upgrade if there is an award seat there to do it into. You should therefore do the entire booking on the telephone to ensure that there are 3 seats there and that the 3rd one doesn't disappear whilst you are booking the other 2 as full miles tickets.

You don't need to have a household account to do this, although you will need a household account if you want to be able to use the miles generated by your sons flight for yourself!

V1P3R
12th August 2007, 23:18
can you book economy and upgrade into WT+ on one leg and book WT+ and upgrade into club on return leg to experience both cabins??

also with the amex 2 for 1 do both legs have to be in the same class (or can the above be done)
probably a silly qs but an interesting one i thought

Raffles
13th August 2007, 09:43
You cannot upgrade Economy to WT+ unless you have a refundable ticket, not a cheapo one. As a refundable Economy ticket costs more than a non-refundable WT+ ticket, you'll see this offer is rarely taken up! (On the other hand, you CAN upgrade a cheapo WT+ ticket to Club World.)

What you can do, if you want to experience different cabins, is book WT+ return and just upgrade one leg to Club (assuming availability). However, given how few miles are needed to do both legs, I wouldn't recommend it. To me, this strategy is only useful if you cannot get availability on one of the legs.

Amex 2-4-1 - yes, you can book into different cabins for the outbound and retuurn. This is often useful when, for example, one leg is a day flight and you don't want a bed seat, or if you book First for a day leg and Club World for an overnight (on the basis you can't tell the difference when asleep!).

You cannot MFU an Amex 2-4-1 booking.

RT7
10th January 2008, 15:06
Does anyone know how converting airmiles from tesco vouchers work? I have a few accounts all with the same surname and want to convert some of my vouchers into airmiles. Are you sent a token from Tesco when you have converted and then you add them to your airmiles account yourself or do tesco do it for you and in that case what happens if you dont have a airmiles account?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Nana
10th January 2008, 15:24
I think you do it online through Deals. 250 clubcard points = 60 airmiles. They just do it when you instruct them but you have to allow 28 days for it to reach your Airmiles Account.
If you don't already have an airmiles account they will automatically open one for you.
If you do all the conversions through one clubcard account then they will go into an airmiles account of that person.
All is not lost if you end up with separate airmiles accounts for different people within your household because it is possible to merge household airmiles accounts so that any of you have access to all the miles earned by all of you.
Hope this makes sense.

RT7
10th January 2008, 15:29
Thank you very much for the info Nana, think I understand how it works now.

A well deserved rep on its way to you :D

KRYSIA0508
10th January 2008, 16:01
I personally would recommend that you think long and hard before you go ahead and take this option up.
I was on this scheme a long time ago where I was getting 80 Airmiles per 250 Clubcard points but to be perfectly honest with you Airmiles aren't worth the paper they are written on. They are not good value at all.
In fact Raffles wrote quite a good post all about Airmiles, when I find it I will add it to this post.

http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=301013#post301013 (http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=301013)

EC23
10th January 2008, 16:25
Actually Airmiles has changed recently.

Now the flight includes taxes/ surcharges, you only pay miles - and they've simplified the miles per flight to a zonal basis - e.g

1500 to Madrid/ Barcelona/ Split
2500 to Dubrovnik
5000 to NY / LA etc

I've only noticed this today, I have some airmiles from years ago that I've left.

Hope this helps

RT7
10th January 2008, 18:51
Thanks KRYSIA0508 and EC23 will rep you both.

Like EC23 I noticed all taxes and surcharges are now included and that is what has made me decide to change my vouchers into airmiles as there is no other clubcard deal that appeals at the moment.

Trolley Dash
11th January 2008, 22:43
a guy i work with flew to china and back with his wife using airmiles that he had converted from tesco's

RT7
12th January 2008, 10:05
a guy i work with flew to china and back with his wife using airmiles that he had converted from tesco's

I am aiming to use mine for somewhere nice :D

moonriver
16th June 2008, 09:02
Does anybody have any experience of using airmiles for the London Eye? How many airmiles, is it simple to convert, how long does it take etc?

markat
16th June 2008, 09:04
I've done this then sold the tickets on e bay a couple of time - sell well at Christmas and Valentines day times of year.
Tickets arrive within a week and come with a couple of pages of useful information - all my buyers have been really pleased with the tickets I have sent them.

Gizmos
16th June 2008, 09:07
covnerted some of mine to London Eye and passed them onto a PTSer to use - was smoothe and they had no problems

sammybear
16th June 2008, 09:32
195 airmiles for adults and 100 for kids, can order on the website and very quick to arrive. :)

http://www.airmiles.co.uk/travel/searchDaysOut.do

moonriver
16th June 2008, 13:12
195 airmiles for adults and 100 for kids, can order on the website and very quick to arrive. :)

http://www.airmiles.co.uk/travel/searchDaysOut.do

thanks fantastic

Gizmos
16th June 2008, 13:18
on reflection as these are unamed could be a way of selling "Deals" - covnert to air miles - convert to London Eye and sell on

Raffles
16th June 2008, 16:53
on reflection as these are unamed could be a way of selling "Deals" - covnert to air miles - convert to London Eye and sell on

You won't make a fortune on that, though. Adult ticket is only ?15.50 assuming you can't find any discount codes. 195 miles is ?8.14 of Tesco Deals. Knock off ebay and paypal costs, and assume you get ?12 or so for the ticket, and its not a massive return - certainly less than 1.5 x face value.

hoochi
3rd July 2008, 12:03
maths is not my strongest so here goes i need 32900miles and its ?2.50 for 60miles how would i work out how much in deals it will cost me this might be a simple question to some so i excuse myself now as i have done it three times and got difernt answers

woollys_super_saver
3rd July 2008, 12:52
I think its 32900 divided by 60, this will tell you how many 2.50's u need my calculator says 548.33 so you do 2.50 times 548 = 1370 in clubcard vouchers........ er its not my strong point either so i hope thats right

POINTSMAN!!!
3rd July 2008, 12:53

POINTSMAN!!!
3rd July 2008, 12:54

hoochi
3rd July 2008, 12:57
well i got ?1370 but thought that was to cheap as it doesnt work out at 137,000 points if you get me

hoochi
3rd July 2008, 12:57
think we posted at same time, thanks guys x

navara
3rd July 2008, 13:31
well i got ?1370 but thought that was to cheap as it doesnt work out at 137,000 points if you get me

Don't forget thats ?1370 of clubcard vouchers not deals vouchers

navara
3rd July 2008, 13:33
Where are you going Hoochi?

hoochi
3rd July 2008, 16:12
orlando have i not worked it out correctly that would be my luck i was trying to see which was the best deal airmiles or a complete holiday with virgin think a complete hol wins hands down cheers peeps

charlie
10th January 2009, 20:58
does anyone know much about air miles please...a flight to india would be 7000 air miles how much in deals vouchers would I need to pay for this? I'm sure there is an easy way to work it out but my brain is hurting:o

charlie
10th January 2009, 21:12
deleted

tamsin
10th January 2009, 21:32
?2.50 in vouchers gives 60 miles if you look on teco site, so you would need ?292.50? someone please check my maths!!

charlie
10th January 2009, 21:52
thanks tamsin.....my brain nearly exploded trying to work it out...i failed maths O level!!

Raffles
11th January 2009, 12:30
Or, indeed, get the BMI credit card (20,000 free BMI Diamond Club miles), spend ?3,300 on it (gets you to 25,000 miles) and then book yourself an economy flight to India with your 25,000 miles. Albeit you still have to pay taxes AND a cash contribution of ?170.