PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare Help Needed Please

thehagman
10th January 2008, 23:38
what have i done
i have a static caravan at holiday park which i have been using as my address for extra cc accs (as you do)
tonight i went to exchange some vouchers for deals online and system refused as its a business address and gave me phone number to ring:eek:

it says you can change your .com orders to either business/home/relatives address but deals must be posted to reg cc addy, which i seem can not do without contacting C/S:shocked:

i have 3 accs at this addy with approx 16k between them thought about merging but not sure to where as yet.:confused:

GoatBoy
11th January 2008, 07:28
what have i done
i have a static caravan at holiday park which i have been using as my address for extra cc accs (as you do)
tonight i went to exchange some vouchers for deals online and system refused as its a business address and gave me phone number to ring:eek:

it says you can change your .com orders to either business/home/relatives address but deals must be posted to reg cc addy, which i seem can not do without contacting C/S:shocked:

i have 3 accs at this addy with approx 16k between them thought about merging but not sure to where as yet.:confused:

Can't think of anyway round calling if you want the points. You need to come up with a plausible truth :D

3 accounts at that add? What names are they in? I presume you've never had a delivery there? You could try " I share the van with 2 friends/family members & we set them up so that we could have shopping delivered there and spread the cost between us" but I'm not sure that would explain the 16k points on them.........

Let us know what happens..........

janegreen
11th January 2008, 07:44
I've got friends who live in a static caravan 9 months of the year but have to move out for 3 months, I would phone CS and xplain this and say you are staying elsewhere for those 3 months, can they move these points to your temporary address so you can use the deals.

Shimmer
11th January 2008, 08:47
Do you get the same message on all 3 accounts?

thehagman
11th January 2008, 09:51
yes tried all 3 accs and get same message can not exchange deals as its a business addy, never had a delivery there as i dont think they would deliver to a caravan site and the nearest mr t is over 30 mile from site.

:mad:so a bit stuck for now on this one, and i do not want anything to contact C/S if possible as to risky with mailings so close.

Irishsmurfy
11th January 2008, 10:00
I personally - on this occasion!! - WOULD contact CS and say that you are living in a caravan whilst saving for a house deposit!! Lots of people live in caravan parks - why should Tesco say you can't?? I know its probably down as a business address but just explain to them that you don't have a "normal" address until your house purchase goes through!! Do you have a relative whose address you could temporariily use if Tesco insisted on it???

I wouldn't worry overmuch about having 3 accounts registered to the caravan - could be you, your OH and your MIL as you like to stay on good terms with her!! or you, your OH and your son/daughter who is staying with you while studying locally at Uni or something!!!

jen
11th January 2008, 10:04
I personally - on this occasion!! - WOULD contact CS and say that you are living in a caravan whilst saving for a house deposit!! Lots of people live in caravan parks - why should Tesco say you can't?? I know its probably down as a business address but just explain to them that you don't have a "normal" address until your house purchase goes through!! Do you have a relative whose address you could temporariily use if Tesco insisted on it???

I wouldn't worry overmuch about having 3 accounts registered to the caravan - could be you, your OH and your MIL as you like to stay on good terms with her!! or you, your OH and your son/daughter who is staying with you while studying locally at Uni or something!!!

Great idea, and I have four accounts at my address, OH, me and two sons, which is fine, nothing in rules and regs against this. The only dodgy ground you would be on is if you have used an online code on more than one account.
Good luck.

missstroppy
11th January 2008, 10:29
I know quite a few people who live 9 months in their caravan, as law states this is the longest you can be there as a holiday caravan. The computer probably did a scan of the addresss' on file? and your came up as a registered address. If your phoned customer services to explain they will prob be ok, but have an address ready to transfer the points to...'that u live at' the other 3 months!

When we holiday in Weymouth the pizza delivery boy will deliver to site!!!!! so why not shopping , as 'long termers' at the park normally have their own little section. So there is no reason that Tesco couldnt in theory deliver there?

Good Luck Hagman x

bumpydog
11th January 2008, 10:30
Alternatively, you could send your tokens in by post, after all, your mailings come to the caravan address without any problems.
Maybe try it out with a low value voucher & see what happens.

thehagman
11th January 2008, 10:43
Alternatively, you could send your tokens in by post, after all, your mailings come to the caravan address without any problems.
Maybe try it out with a low value voucher & see what happens.

:)never even crossed my mind do it the OLD way will have to give this a go as little to lose i think

:clap2:thanks to all for advice

Hummer
11th January 2008, 10:49
You can do it via mail or by phone, if you want to do it online its simple enough go to your online account and manually adjust the address by taking out the business name and put in the information needed to arrive with you so name caravan number road etc. Your order will then go through

Mamzie
11th January 2008, 14:41
I've seen Tesco delivering to Haven sites.

thehagman
11th January 2008, 18:01
You can do it via mail or by phone, if you want to do it online its simple enough go to your online account and manually adjust the address by taking out the business name and put in the information needed to arrive with you so name caravan number road etc. Your order will then go through

HUMMER saves the day:clap2: easy when you know how, never thought adding a number would make all the difference. Just tried and went through online as usual so exchanged 1 account as trial.
thanks for info hummer, a big rep on the way

Noah'strolly
19th January 2008, 19:03
I saw a tesco van at butlins last year!