PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to do

shoppaholic45
17th January 2008, 12:40
One of my friends has a birthday on monday and we are going round town of it, well i told my friend yesterday that my oh couldn't come as he was working away next monday, my friend says its ok i only wanted close friends, (he was my friend and got to know my oh through me, so they are suppose to be friends and we have all been out before) He had invited another friend and she was bringing her boyfriend who is a new one and three of our friends dont like him, ive not met him as i dont' know this other friend. So my friend wanted an excuse to tell her for him not to come so i suggested that he says its a girly night out (my friend comes on girly nights as hes gay and like one of the girls) So today my ohs job has been cancelled so i text my friend saying my oh can come and hope that its ok. He replys saying that
Hi hun well i just wanted it to be a girly night lol, like you said, but its up to you.

Now told my oh what he said and he says he doesn't mind not going. But i feel awful for my oh and not sure what to do now. Part of me things well if my oh can't go then i won't go. I do go out of other nights out with them with out my oh so its not a case of i can't go out without my oh, and im going to a hen party a week on saturday with these friends on my own. I don't know what to do, what does anyone else think. My oh has done nothing wrong to them. I know at one point my other friend who was living with me, took a dislike to my oh for no reason but likes him again now, and my friend whos birthday it is tends to fall my other friend. Hope this makes sense

addictedtosaving
17th January 2008, 12:55
I think you should go out and enjoy yourself. It is understandable that your friend would prefer it to be a girly night because he has used this as an excuse to prevent the other friend's OH from going out with you all, so it would be hypocritical of him now to allow your OH to go along when he has told the other friend its girls only.

I hope you have a good time.

Irishsmurfy
17th January 2008, 13:01
Must agree with Addicted I think - if your friend has already told your other friend that her boyfriend can't come because its a girly night out, then I think it would be akward now for your OH to be invited as it then looks like the other girls boyfriend was the only one not to be welcome.

Go out and enjoy yourself hun - your OH wouldn't mind I'm sure as he was originally invited I wouldn't feel bad about it.

marmaliser
17th January 2008, 13:11
Glad you 2 got it. Must be a language only women understand :confused: :D

Maverick
17th January 2008, 13:13
I must be a man then :laugh:

Freebird
17th January 2008, 13:14
AGree with everyone else too - and you shouldn't feel bad for your OH as he won't be remotely upset. Men are much less bothered by these things than women! I dare say he's secretly looking forward to an uninterrupted evening of watching that flamin' Dave channel!

Go out and enjoy yourself. :D

marmaliser
17th January 2008, 13:22
Yay for Dave :)

Maverick
17th January 2008, 14:19
I love the Dave channel

shoppaholic45
17th January 2008, 17:50
thank you everyone, your right, Im going to go out and my oh is having a night in front of the tv with our dog :)

glorious
17th January 2008, 18:35
AGree with everyone else too - and you shouldn't feel bad for your OH as he won't be remotely upset. Men are much less bothered by these things than women! I dare say he's secretly looking forward to an uninterrupted evening of watching that flamin' Dave channel!

Go out and enjoy yourself. :D

It would be the same here DH would be watching Dave LOL:)
Mind you i would feel bad because id miss him :o

shoppaholic45
17th January 2008, 22:59
It would be the same here DH would be watching Dave LOL:)
Mind you i would feel bad because id miss him :o

Mine doesn't watch the dave channel. I will miss him but know that he will be there when i get home, which is good

Freebird
17th January 2008, 23:10
Yay to shoppaholic going out!

And I too love Top Gear....but not for hours on end....every day....there's only so long one can look at Jeremy Clarkson...:shocked:

shoppaholic45
18th January 2008, 18:30
i like top gear too