PDA

View Full Version : Deals Vouchers Named/Not Named - Postcoded

johncoote69
6th February 2007, 20:12
Hi all - i'm fairly new to all this, but have "seen the light" and have bought up MFI vouchers off ebay for good prices and got my kitchen (due to be dlivered in a fortnight) for abbout ?800 real money ?1800 retail. ALso ordered a couple of leather sofas and not only am i paying for them with vouchers but they were on offer (no sign or priced up) a pleasent suprise as thought would pay just over a grand and got the lot for ?700!

Enough about that though - my query is about the deal vouchers coming with NAMES on. I know the GOLDSMITHS vouchers are good to spend - bought a lot of watches and resold for a healthy profit, but how about HOLIDAYS? I'd love to take my gal abroad for a good one again this year, but are the vouchers transferable - as in theory i could buy some up off ebay again as well as collect my own.

Can someebody tell me which deals are transferable and which aren't? ANd are the codes all the same on the vouchers (S something i think on the MFI ones) so are the mfi ones good for GOLDSMITHS and vice versa?

Sorry if i am asking dumb questions, but i love the whole wheeler dealer thing - i've bought up a lot of 300 point dvd till spits (i never get any free - lol) and the clothing in Tesco is top notch (F&F) and i used to be a proper Harvey Nichs man!

ANy tips would be greatly appreciated - i've just doen my very first online shop which i had the 500 point voucher code for. I spend a lot on petrol, and i could SCREAM that it seems every person in front of me at the tills has no clubcard but pockets their receipt - Booooooooooo!

Anyway - please contact me and let me know whats best - any loop holes etc - GREAT STUFF - great site.

clockwatcher
6th February 2007, 20:24
I think all the holiday vouchers are named, unfortunately. Days out and restaurant vouchers are anonymous, so at least you could treat your OH with those whilst saving your own vouchers for that special holiday.

johncoote69
6th February 2007, 20:27
what about the mfi and goldsmiths vouchers? are they the same voucher just to spend in diff shops - many thanks

penfold
6th February 2007, 20:33
what about the mfi and goldsmiths vouchers? are they the same voucher just to spend in diff shops - many thanks

They are different voucher codes but if you check the PDF (additional info) for both in tesco website, they both say they can be used for any deal which does not have the buy it in full sign next to it or Avis car hire. So, by this reasoning you could use goldsmiths ones in MFI and vice versa.

Ethansnan
6th May 2007, 08:45
Could anyone advise me please.

We are hoping to travel with Virgin next year. 4 adults (myself, dh, dd & her bf). 3 of us have same surname and we wondered if the vouchers come with just surname on them or have the initial as well.

As we would all be on the booking can we combine from all 3 of our clubcard accounts.

Hope this makes sense.

chirpy007
6th May 2007, 08:53
Surname only so there will be no difference. Im doing the same as you, cant decided if i want a cruise or back to Florida :D :D :D :D

Ethansnan
6th May 2007, 09:05
We are intending to go to Vegas was going to just be me and dh.

But dd and b/f are really keen to join us so have now got them addicted to Tesco as well. So intened to open accounts at their address and get them on mobile phone hunt etc.

chirpy007
6th May 2007, 11:12

But dd and b/f are really keen to join us so have now got them addicted to Tesco as well. So intened to open accounts at their address and get them on mobile phone hunt etc.

It takes over your life doesn't it ;) ;) ;) :D

tiger
6th May 2007, 14:20

When they convert their points for the holiday deal, make sure it is in your DD's name so that the surnames match. She can convert her BF's points on her account as it will be the same address.
You can pay for someone else with a different surname to go on the holiday, but the deals will need to all have the same surname.

Ethansnan
6th May 2007, 20:57
Thanks for that Tiger.

What I was thinking of was making a full booking as me as lead name for 2 rooms for the 4 or us. Then using ours and daughters clubcard vouchers to pay. So surnames would be same.

mutley muppet
6th May 2007, 21:14
Sorry to hijack thread.. but does the same apply to booking XL flights?

la60
11th September 2007, 22:33
Hi All

I have ended up with ?800 of XL vouchers in my maiden name, i cant use these - But have mum & dad (separated) who would be able to use these and would jump at the chance of a trip away

If i booked flights for my mum and her friend - would i be able to use vouchers to pay for the friend even though she is a different name? Have the T&C in front of me which state Deal tokens maybe only used by the clubcard holder(whose name is printed on the tokens) However there can be more than one named token as long as that person is travelling too. Not really clear... :der: Do you think you would be able to argue that - Mum is the named cardholder and she is using the deal....

The alternative would be to book for my dad, but would begrudge letting the wicked stepmother have a holiday on me (would be also staying in my apartment:mad:) Well wouldnt be that annoyed but would much prefer mum and her pal to benefit

LA

boysmum
11th September 2007, 22:47
I was under the impression that as long as the named person was traveling you were ok.

la60
11th September 2007, 23:14
I do hope thats the case, thanks boysmum

sammybear
12th September 2007, 20:14
I booked with Cosmos and took my mum and dad who have a different surname to me - so yes as long as one of the people are travelling whose name is on the voucher.
I paid all in vouchers which were all in my name.

hope this helps :)

pammy
12th September 2007, 20:22
Yes like they have said as long as one person has the surname then it doesnt matter who else goes.
thats nice of you to give them to your mum, Im sure she will appreciate it.

hydro
31st October 2007, 11:53
Can anyone confirm exactly what deals DO NOT have the name printed on the voucher?

phonejacker
31st October 2007, 11:56
Can anyone confirm exactly what deals DO NOT have the name printed on the voucher?

Things that require an name to book, have a name. Things like days out and restaaurants where you pay on the day, are generally without names.

msjg
31st October 2007, 12:02
My Euro tunnel did not have a name on, nor did my restaurant ones. Think goldsmiths are named.

baconbap
31st October 2007, 18:00
My P&O ferries didn't have a name.

lulu650
2nd November 2007, 11:45
have a hilton voucher with no name

sfc_boy
17th November 2007, 20:27
RAC forms are not named.

smitheim
17th November 2007, 20:31
Magazine subscriptions are not named either :) hth

maemaesmummy
6th December 2007, 16:23
Just to say used MILs converted un-named deals vouchers today... with no probs all they did was say I had to spend ?200...

This was in The Trafford Centre, Manchester!!:)

Beej
6th December 2007, 18:45
That's useful to now Maemaesmummy, I'm going to buy DD's 21st birthday pressie next week and have some un=named days out vouchers that expire 31/12/07.

pauwilson
5th January 2008, 21:50
1st post on here so please be nice. Might be worth noting that eurotunnel vouchers (S6018) now come named - as I have found out today when the 260 quid worth I bought from ebay to cover my own and inlaws summer crossing popped through the letterbox!! Just my luck, as I would not have enough points in time I though I would try it. People on another forum were reporting just before xmas they were unamed so it must just have changed.

Anyone know anyway round this?? If not is anyone interested in 2 x 100 tokens?. The small ones I could use elsewhere, but other than going for a couple of lavish meals with the family then I am struggling.

Excellent forum, shall be around regularly as I work up my points for 2009's holiday!!!!

Regards
Paul

thehagman
5th January 2008, 21:56
did the seller say they were named when you bought on ebay?
if you could get a refund might be the best option if item was described wrong on listing.

deekmcc
5th January 2008, 21:57
Sorry but looks like you will need to use them yourselves but someone else might know of another way , if not enjoy the meals aNd you will have more than enough points next quarter to get what you want , welcome to PTS Pau by the way.

pboae
I've been combining small vouchers from friends and family for Eurotunnel, I did the last lot in December so as you say it must be a recent change. What a pain :-(

numpty
Welcome to PTS pauwilson!
thankx for the tip off!

shoppaholic45
6th January 2008, 23:56
Im trying to find out which deal vouchers are not named

tyroleandancer
7th January 2008, 00:00
Days out and restaurants are not named

shoppaholic45
7th January 2008, 00:01
Days out and restaurants are not named

Thanks for your help

thehagman
7th January 2008, 00:06
all themeparks not named which deal do you have in mind?

shoppaholic45
7th January 2008, 00:09
i wasn't too sure, was thinking about alton towers, can't remember if my hotel vouchers are named or not for the hilton

thehagman
7th January 2008, 00:15
i wasn't too sure, was thinking about alton towers, can't remember if my hotel vouchers are named or not for the hilton

the hotel ones are all usually named but hey never had a problem using another persons voucher myself, alton towers themepark unamed not sure about the hotel deal if you plan on stopping:)

shoppaholic45
7th January 2008, 00:17
thank you hagman

tyroleandancer
7th January 2008, 00:26
Alton towers are buy in full so you won't be able to use your hilton ones

da1em
8th January 2008, 13:14
Sorry, double thread-post. Could someone delete this please coz I can't... or if I can I don't know how to :)

da1em
8th January 2008, 13:14
I'm under the impression that the deal tokens for Marriott hotels come named, is this correct?
If not, great, but if so, do you think it would be possible to book / reserve a room online, (using the tesco deals code so they know how you will be paying), but just put your surname as the name on the vouchers?
Reason being, I'm out of deals and going away, but the OH has got loads spare... but a different surname and we've got separate CC's.
Thanks in advance :)

Hannah2
8th January 2008, 13:23
I think if your clubcards are registered at the same address and you are both staying at the hotel it is not a problem to use mixed surname deals vouchers.

This is what I was told by tesco cs anyway.

HTH

da1em
8th January 2008, 13:37
Thanks Hannah, but (which I failed to make clear earlier), I'm going away on my own and the CC's are at different addresses. Awkward I know... :)

Deedee
8th January 2008, 13:39
They should just come with Surname on, no address details, I'm sure someone will confirm soon!

Littlemissjojo
8th January 2008, 13:49
Yep, I've done marriott, just comes with surname on. Only prob you may get is when we booked, had to give a credit card for guarantee, they didnt charge anything to it, as you hand in the tokens when you arrive to check in.

da1em
8th January 2008, 13:55
Thanks. I'm thinking of trying to put my surname as the OH's when booking online, then see if the website lets me use MY credit card as a 'deposit' card. If that lets me do it, then all I'll do is pay with vouchers when I get there and surnames will be the same.

Hannah2
8th January 2008, 13:59
Thanks Hannah, but (which I failed to make clear earlier), I'm going away on my own and the CC's are at different addresses. Awkward I know... :)

Sorry, didnt read it properly!

Will check mine when i get home to see if they just have surname on. As far as i can remember they dont have address on them.

To be honest, when I handed them over, they didnt pay them any attention at all so I doubt they would scrutinise them too much anyway.

Brain isnt working too well today but....... could you not just book the hotel as if it is for both of you ????? I booked with a friend and she ended up handing a credit card over at the check in desk, (for guarantee) even though it was all booked in my name.

Just pretend that your OH plans changed once you had checked in ?????

EDIT: Sorry, you posted just before me. Hope it makes sense.

da1em
8th January 2008, 14:29
Yeah I see what you mean :) I don't see a problem with it, but like you said, if they question it i'll just try to blag it saying she couldn't come :)
Thanks

Beej
22nd January 2008, 22:46
Following the great suggestion by Cosytoes I will start a list of Deals Vouchers either named or not:

NAMED

Virgin
Cosmos
Goldsmiths
Motorpoint
Optimax
Hilton

NOT NAMED

Days Out
Cafe Rouge
Restaurants
Johnsons
National Autocentre
English Heritage
RAC
Magazines

I don't have enough knowledge to complete the list so perhaps people could post which ones they know and I shall edit this first post. Many thanks.

22nd January 2008, 22:48
Named - Goldsmiths, Motorpoint

Not Named - Cafe Rouge

SuzyWoo
23rd January 2008, 07:06
Not named: Restaurants, Johnsons,

Named: Places to Stay, Holidays, Goldsmiths.

Named vouchers can be used against all S deals, Unnamed vouchers can be used against any other 'unnamed' deal.

NitWit
23rd January 2008, 08:01
National Autocentre - unnamed.

Angel
23rd January 2008, 08:24
English Heritage are not named .....

DebbieE
23rd January 2008, 14:11
Optimax - named

sidtrix
23rd January 2008, 18:12
RAC unnamed, magazines too

biggy h
9th February 2008, 17:03
I've just picked up the new deals book at my local.

On the inside page over the cover it states that "ALL Deal Tokens will be non-transferable and issued with the name shown on your Clubcard Vouchers".

If you want unnamed vouchers get them soon!

SuzyWoo
9th February 2008, 17:04
OOh, thanks for the headsup!

Freebird
9th February 2008, 17:08
I've just picked up the new deals book at my local.

On the inside page over the cover it states that "ALL Deal Tokens will be non-transferable and issued with the name shown on your Clubcard Vouchers".

If you want unnamed vouchers get them soon!

Spoilsports!:mad:

EDIT: OOOOHHHHH - my 500th Post!!! :-)

Fudge
9th February 2008, 17:08
How does this differ from current vouchers?

littlemissnaughty
9th February 2008, 17:09
:mad: They seem to be getting hot on deals at the moment, whatever will be next!:eek:

cooltrikerchick
9th February 2008, 17:14
:mad: They seem to be getting hot on deals at the moment, whatever will be next!:eek:

wouldnt suprise me if they turned the actual clubcard into an id card, and want a photo...:der:....so when you use your deal vouchers with your name on.. you will have to show your clubcard with your mug shot on....

littlemissnaughty
9th February 2008, 17:21
So what happens if say for example me and hubby have a card each and both collect points, then want to put them together? If we have the same name and address will that be ok?

dune
9th February 2008, 17:23
wouldnt suprise me if they turned the actual clubcard into an id card, and want a photo...:der:....so when you use your deal vouchers with your name on.. you will have to show your clubcard with your mug shot on....

people don't like hassle especially in store
if there was any tightening up with any type of id people who earn three or four quid a quarter will just bin their cards and shop else where

haycorns
9th February 2008, 17:31
That's a shame.

in te past I have given my neices annual pass deals vouchers for Christmas.

dune
9th February 2008, 17:34
That's a shame.

in te past I have given my neices annual pass deals vouchers for Christmas.

i was thinking the same thing. If only the named people can use them then they are pretty much worthless to families

GILMEL
9th February 2008, 17:35
I thought they had your name on them already?

icho
9th February 2008, 17:45
surely this would open themselves up to a huge can of worms.

my family is 2.4 kids and a dog. My chappy has a diff name. Love him to bits don't want to marry, our kids have his name so named deals will be a huge issue for us.

bumpydog
9th February 2008, 17:48
I doubt if photos will be needed, people wouldn't go to the expense off having their pictures done at around ?4 a time in a photo booth. It would also cost Tesco a fortune to make up ID type cards, plus they wouldn't fit on the key fobs.

thehagman
9th February 2008, 18:10
;) leave it at that!!!!!!!!!
nobody post the obvious answer to this as dont know whos reading threads IYKWIM.

dont post any solutions around this

Fudge
9th February 2008, 18:11
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/298677/2/istockphoto_298677_can_o_worms.jpg

jetcat
9th February 2008, 18:13
I thought they had your name on them already?

it is normally only the biggies that have your name on - ie. holidays and motorpoint. the smaller value ones eg. restaraunts, days out vouchers dont. bit of a bummer if they all will soon, as how are people going to give them as gifts!!! :(

The Wizard of Oz
9th February 2008, 18:19
I was thinking of giving some as gifts for christmas - days outs, meals etc. Thats that idea out of the window then :nono: :nono: :nono:

icho
9th February 2008, 18:23
ha ha fudge!

put a sock in it!!

[Find a person eating a sock and post/PM me and i'll donate a ?1 to PTS site!

kirsjude
9th February 2008, 18:24
But surely restaurants/theme parks etc aren't going to ask for proof of name when you use the vouchers.

jasmin
9th February 2008, 18:30
I think its time to end this post.

weatherman
9th February 2008, 18:32
Does this mean the FULL NAME on the clubcard coupons? As far as I know, the vouchers issued with names on at the moment, have just the surname.

thehagman
9th February 2008, 18:47
;) leave it at that!!!!!!!!!
nobody post the obvious answer to this as dont know whos reading threads IYKWIM.

dont post any solutions around this

come on folks stop posting here before someone posts solution for Mr T

petedenyer
9th February 2008, 18:50
come on folks stop posting here before someone posts solution for Mr T

i agree

amber502
9th February 2008, 19:15
But surely restaurants/theme parks etc aren't going to ask for proof of name when you use the vouchers.

I agree, restaurants/theme parks aren't gonna give a fig whose name is on it - are they going to ask us for id? I think not.

Should have multi quoted this, I say yes to end this thread and stop helping Mr. T.

And thanks OP, good to get an advanced warning.

suzanneg
9th February 2008, 19:53
I agree with regard to the Annual Pass thing - I always get my nephew one so he can come along with us, also my mum gets any I might need but don't have enough vouchers for.
This is bad news!!

Fudge
9th February 2008, 21:21
pic. wouldn't upload!

fluffybunny
17th February 2008, 18:29
Ebay sellers will have a problem I think!!!

also, for anyone who doesn't already know...Motorpoint are now only accepting tokens with postcodes on. If you've had them and they don't quote your postcode, you've got to send them back in for them to reissue with a postcode!

icho
17th February 2008, 18:34
thanks for the heads up re motor point. Hope they don't move posts again before May.

Also can people not buy their cars in May until i've chosen mine!!!!!!!!!

simker
18th February 2008, 18:49
just to confirm, if I & Mrs simker both collected points, would we be able to pay for virgin holidays with deal tokens?

Maverick
18th February 2008, 18:58
yes you can use different named tokens together as long as all names are travelling so you will be fine.

cazmeg
20th February 2008, 08:53
On 1 May, Tesco is changing its terms and conditions meaning anyone who clubs their Clubcard vouchers together with friends and family or gives them away won't be able to. Thus if you want to do it, act quickly. It also puts a definite kaibosh on selling the vouchers on eBay.

This is because on 1 May '08 Tesco clubcard vouchers will only be usable by the person who's name is on the voucher... they won't be transferable.

I saw this on the mse newsletter. It is bad news for us. Has it been discussed on this site?

Gizmos
20th February 2008, 09:04
merged with other discussion

tosca
20th February 2008, 10:51
I've just read on MSE that from 1st May clubcard vouchers will be non-transferable, so you can only use them if your name is on them...so no clubbing together with friends, family etc, and no selling them on e-bay. Not sure how it works as hubby has different account? Anyone got any more info?

Gizmos
20th February 2008, 10:53
merged with other threads

tesco-tux
21st February 2008, 09:12
merged with other threads

were is the other discussion on this please

:help::help::help:

daylulu7
24th February 2008, 15:17
The title says it all really. I want to use some friends vouchers and go indoor flying but need to know if the vouchers are named?

Thanks for any help
:)

redwino
3rd March 2008, 11:59
to try to shed some light on what's happening in May with the clubcard vouchers i thought i'd give clubcard a ring to ask them how the vouchers will change.

i was told that all the deals vouchers will be sent out with just the surname and the postcode (no christian name to be added). So people who have more than one account in the household will just have the one surname added to the clubcard voucher as long as their accounts all have the same surname.

hope this helps!

Irishsmurfy
3rd March 2008, 12:02
to try to shed some light on what's happening in May with the clubcard vouchers i thought i'd give clubcard a ring to ask them how the vouchers will change.

i was told that all the deals vouchers will be sent out with just the surname and the postcode (no christian name to be added). So people who have more than one account in the household will just have the one surname added to the clubcard voucher as long as their accounts all have the same surname.

hope this helps!

just the surname and the postcode !!!!!!!!!

That makes them the same as the Motorpoint ones - oh nooooooooooo - now how am I going to get to Florida?? Different a/cs over diff addresses!!! Oh nooooooooo Mr T - you are sending me to a mental institution free of charge!!!

icho
3rd March 2008, 12:07

hope this helps!

how will this work for things like magazines etc? my kids have their dads surname not mine. Think they've not thought this one thru very well.

oh well... asda prices and MOC policy is looking better by the minute!

mumof4
3rd March 2008, 12:31

hope this helps!

When i phoned up i was told similar but was told that the only deal vouchers to have the postcode on were the mp ones which they had just made public.

Sarah-Jane2
3rd March 2008, 21:41
I hope to goodness that this isn't true, I was sure I'd heard it would be the Motorpoint ones only but then again I haven't spoken to CC. I have three accounts at different addresses that I'm relying on to be able to pay for my holiday in deals.

Emmamed
4th March 2008, 00:55
just the surname and the postcode !!!!!!!!!

That makes them the same as the Motorpoint ones - oh nooooooooooo - now how am I going to get to Florida?? Different a/cs over diff addresses!!! Oh nooooooooo Mr T - you are sending me to a mental institution free of charge!!!

if the other accounts are ladies just ring them up and say i;ve got married and moved and give your surname.

navara
4th March 2008, 08:12

I can just see the headline..............:eek:Sir Terry in talks with Gordon Brown to share costs on ID scheme....:D

tiger
4th March 2008, 08:16
I can just see the headline..............:eek:Sir Terry in talks with Gordon Brown to share costs on ID scheme....:D

Imagine what would happen if Tesco shared their information with the Government. They'd be panicking at the thought of all those new maternity units and schools they were going to need. :D

meemo38
11th March 2008, 12:09
Heye wasnt sure how to address the title, anyway, does anyone know if the holiday deals will have the postcode on like motorpoint, i collect at 3 addys, even with the 3 i am only a third of the way to my target, so if they are going to be postcodes i will probably use them for the merlin passes or something.
Michelle

mumof4
11th March 2008, 12:59
When i phoned to check i was told it was just the mp deals vouchers but that the other vouchers would have names printed on them as they appear on your cc vouchers - m jones or j jones in the deals brochure it also states that all deals vouchers will be named from May 2008 doesn't say anything about postcode other than on the MP pages

janegreen
11th March 2008, 13:21
Is that right about initials, I think I've got about 7 different initials across 2 households ????

sammybear
11th March 2008, 13:23
Is that right about initials, I think I've got about 7 different initials across 2 households ????

I have never had initials on them- just our surname. :confused:

Maldives
11th March 2008, 13:25
As far as I am aware it will only be the Surname..

mumof4
11th March 2008, 13:36

The women just said as they appear on your cc vouchers and I said what j smith and she said yes then i asked if mr or mrs would be on them but she said no, however the deals voucher booklet just says that all vouchers will be named.

I'm lucky in that we have four accounts two for me two for OH and the initials are the same.

I know a few others have phoned but each time I think we have been told something slightly different I guess the operators don't really know.

maleficent_mum
11th March 2008, 13:40
I've ordered recently from several accounts and they're all still just surname.

meemo38
11th March 2008, 13:50
Luckily mine and MILs first name starts with M, so they should be ok, but my third is a P, so could have problems if they do decide to change, will have to not use that account and start a new one if they do:(
Thanks for the replies, will wait and see what happens later in the year.
Michelle

janice mac
11th March 2008, 14:00
All my accounts have the same initial..must have known something!

Shame I cant pick the 6 lottery numbers tho

daylulu7
17th March 2008, 20:39
Good evening all

Just come back from indoor sky diving with Airkix - if anyones looked at it then go and try it as its brilliant!!!

Anyway the title says it all really - does anyone know??

Thanks

:):):):)

redwino
17th March 2008, 20:55
i rang tesco to ask this a couple of weeks ago, and was told that it would be your postcode and surname as there have been security issues with some vouchers....
to make extra sure, i asked again about the christian name being written on the voucher and was told - no, just the surname and the postcode.
hope this helps.

daylulu7
17th March 2008, 21:34
thanks redwino, not really the answer i wanted to hear but that aint your fault.

Thanks

Lynwen
17th March 2008, 23:18
me neither!!!!!!!!! but thanks anyway :(

Our*holiday*fund
17th March 2008, 23:29
if the postcodes prove to be a definate, id love to know if well have to return already converted deals to be exchanged for ones with the postcode on (like motorpoint did), im using 3 addys equal, so cant decide whether to convert before may or not, would be am headache to have to return them all :eek:

pollyanna_11
18th March 2008, 09:06
i rang tesco to ask this a couple of weeks ago, and was told that it would be your postcode and surname as there have been security issues with some vouchers....
to make extra sure, i asked again about the christian name being written on the voucher and was told - no, just the surname and the postcode.
hope this helps.

How is this going to work with holidays then? :confused: The holiday company will only take the details of the lead person for their invoice, so what if some of the vouchers don't have the same postcode on them.... what can they say? They are not going to want the addresses of all other passengers are they, and how would they check up on this, even if they did! I really don't see how this is going to work on the holiday side of things. Sorry, think my post is a bit confused but I hope you can follow what I mean!:rolleyes:

daylulu7
18th March 2008, 09:41
If i carried on collecting under 3 addresses could i not go on and change my address online at the last minute, then order my vouchers and then change back???

Would this work??

pollyanna_11
18th March 2008, 09:42
I think to change your address you actually have to call CS so I don't think this will work!

Lynwen
24th March 2008, 22:37
so if I order my Motorpoint coupons now, I will be ok?? there wont be a postcode on them???

Monkeh
24th March 2008, 22:41
so if I order my Motorpoint coupons now, I will be ok?? there wont be a postcode on them???

I picked up my car from Motorpoint last Thursday.

The sales assistant asked me to check that my vouchers had the postcode on them, because they would not be accepted without them.

the_kid
25th March 2008, 00:12
I am sure Virgin/Cosmos will honour deal vouchers already converted without the postcodes on...can you imagine how much admin will be involved for Mr T to exchange everyone's deal vouchers so they have the post code on.

Sarah-Jane2
25th March 2008, 07:45
Oh God I'm having a panic attack here, I have ?1200 worth of Virgin deals due to me at the end of this quarter over three addresses. I don't see how it can work tbh, what if a boyfriend and gfriend collected and lived seperately but put their vouchers together for a holiday?

emzy
25th March 2008, 08:32
i have heard it is ok in this case as long as both names are travelling on the same booking.

Sarah-Jane2
25th March 2008, 08:41
Do we even know if this is the case for holiday vouchers or speculation that because it's happening with Motorpoint it must be happening with all the others? I'm just wondering if I'll actually get my holiday now, I have about 15000 points invested at other addresses.

Art Vanderlay
25th March 2008, 09:05
I really hope they don't do this on all of the vouchers. Some of my family who live elsewhere exchanged some vouchers for me to add to mine to get a watch from Goldsmiths which was end of line and likely to go out of stock, and I am going to pay them back the same value in Deals when they come around to ordering something

jackslass
28th March 2008, 07:29
so the vouchers that come through my mums address (that are actually mine) wont be usable on a holiday unless shes actually going on it?

jackslass
28th March 2008, 07:29
but the "back" ones I have of hers with no postcode but same surname as me will be ok????

beba
4th May 2008, 20:58
Has anyone tried named vouchers (not the name on the clubcard) with the new cards? Does it still work?

Hummer
4th May 2008, 21:14
Yep vouchers still work

beba
4th May 2008, 21:22
Yep vouchers still work

Brill :D thanks Hummer

happybunny
4th May 2008, 21:50
i did not have any problems today, my new card and about 3 other family members coupons.

jackslass
4th May 2008, 21:52
what was the point of teh new cards then

anewman
4th May 2008, 23:52
what was the point of teh new cards then

I was wondering the same. New clubcard number too.

thehagman
13th May 2008, 11:46
:mad: JUST RECEIVED 5 MERLIN VOUCHERS TODAY AND THEY ARE ALL NOW NAMED.

just the surname no initial or postcode, i have allways sold these on but may be a lot harder to do so now. I hope its just a case using another name or will they check futher when getting photopass now.

karl0116
13th May 2008, 11:56
i was going to change some of g/f vouchers into merlin and sell on ebay might have to have rethink now

britchic4
13th May 2008, 12:18
Oh no I was going to buy some of these to sell....looks like that might be exactly what they are trying to stop people doing.:mad:

hesjane
13th May 2008, 12:23
My DD has just ordered two vouchers for herself and her partner - he has a different surname though. Do you think that would be a problem?

Would be really annoying if it is because she is genuinely using these voucher for her own family from her own points.

thehagman
13th May 2008, 14:35
has anyone got the new deals booklet for May if so could they please say if the T/C have changed for the merlin passes.

just been to my local but still old booklets but anyone that has had vouchers allready should have got the May-August deal book.

baconbap
13th May 2008, 18:57
has anyone got the new deals booklet for May if so could they please say if the T/C have changed for the merlin passes.

just been to my local but still old booklets but anyone that has had vouchers allready should have got the May-August deal book.
It's online on the clubcard site.

fluffybunny
13th May 2008, 19:11

here- http://clients.digipage.co.uk/?userpath=00000001/00000004/00019980/

missstroppy
13th May 2008, 19:12
Already....not what i wanted to hear :(

dawnb
14th May 2008, 12:16
I got one for my friend will let you know what occurs.

postiepaula
14th May 2008, 13:15
stena line......no name or postcode....
just s6026

could there not be a sticky where people could say what info is printed on each deal ie ...surname only or inital and surname or postcode etc
that could just be used for reference rather than chat?

holliemon
14th May 2008, 13:21
Can you get round this by saying they were bought as a present and send a covering letter to who you sell them to. How do they know they are related etc

karl0116
14th May 2008, 13:25
i ordered one last monday and it wasnt named sold that on ebay

lemmovolvoman
14th May 2008, 13:37
stena line......no name or postcode....
just s6026

could there not be a sticky where people could say what info is printed on each deal ie ...surname only or inital and surname or postcode etc
that could just be used for reference rather than chat?

I`ll second that great idea Paula

sparkles123
14th May 2008, 13:45
I received mine on Monday and it's not named.

thehagman
14th May 2008, 14:13
all mine were named and also had to refund the buyer as sold before i ordered them, unless its a case of they name them after you have so many as i have ordered about 20 this year.

has anyone received any after 12/05 that are still unnamed

Floosy
14th May 2008, 14:16
all mine were named and also had to refund the buyer as sold before i ordered them, unless its a case of they name them after you have so many as i have ordered about 20 this year.

They are probably wondering if you are Catholic LOL

fluffybunny
14th May 2008, 14:32

you ordered 5 in one go? maybe thats it?

one or two no name? perhaps?

siennahue
14th May 2008, 14:54
I ordered 7 in one go last quater - as there are 7 of us in the family - and one this quater for a friend of DS1 and this last one arrived today with our surname on, hope we'll be ok exchanging it :o

Belle
14th May 2008, 15:11
Same happened to me... :o:(

numpty
14th May 2008, 20:54
I want to order one for my son friend, we will be going with him, too cash it in, do you think we will be okay? Guess at worst I could adopt him for a day!

siennahue
14th May 2008, 21:03
I'm going to try mine on Sunday, will let you know how we get on :D

janice mac
14th May 2008, 21:06
I cant see there being too much of a problem with the merlin passes, There are loads of families out there where the kids have a different surname to one of the parents

Khufu
14th May 2008, 21:35
Does it matter anyway - put any name on - its the photo they identify you with

thehagman
14th May 2008, 21:53
Does it matter anyway - put any name on - its the photo they identify you with

agree with you for personal use but will be a lot harder to sell on ebay now as named and some peeps will just not have the hassle

janice mac
15th May 2008, 14:04
:behindsofa:
agree with you for personal use but will be a lot harder to sell on ebay now as named and some peeps will just not have the hassle

or the common sense to use a different name!

xyzxyz
15th May 2008, 14:24
I can't really see it as being a problem.

When you go (to Chessington for example), you pay to enter the park as usual at a booth and hand over the Deals voucher as payment.

In return they give you an entry ticket - which is just an entry ticket, no name.

You then exchange the entry ticket at a seperate booth when you get your photo done. This is the point where you hand over the A4 application form also.

Therefore you don't hand over deals vouchers and application forms at the same time, ergo names not checkable.

Although whether I would buy them from eBay now that they are named is a different matter.....!

oasisfever
15th May 2008, 18:18
If you decide to sell them on eBay, could you not just enclose a letter worded like it was a present?

Or 'happy birthday neice / nephew' and add something like 'didn't really know what you would of wanted this year, but know you keep going on about those ****** rides, and no you will never get me on them. Anyway have a fab time and send me back some pics of your days out'

Then it might come across ok should they ask.

sparkles123
15th May 2008, 18:21
I received my Blackpool Pleasure Beach voucher today and that has my surname on it.

Bouncer
16th May 2008, 10:24
Paula,please advise what date you ordered the tokens, i wonder if there is a cut off date when all deals will be named........

postiepaula
17th May 2008, 16:51
these were done this week....and paid for my meals on board with vouchers too:)

maleficent_mum
17th May 2008, 17:38
that's a great idea :)

petedenyer
17th May 2008, 19:24
have been watching a few on e-bay and some people are cautious , but they have been selling at around the ?75 mark

siennahue
18th May 2008, 16:45
Used ours today - no probs :)

suzanneg
18th May 2008, 16:57
Used ours today - no probs :)

Hi Sienna
Do you mean you changed up a named voucher for a pass in a different name sucessfully? Any questions asked? Which park was it?
Thanks!:)

siennahue
18th May 2008, 18:57
Yes hun, got a voucher that arrived named for a friend of my DS1. We went to Chessington and I don't think the lady even looked at the name on the voucher, if questioned it would have been very easy to say 'my auntie got me this for my birthday' or words to that effect!

suzanneg
18th May 2008, 19:02
yay! :clap2: good news!
thanks

karl0116
19th May 2008, 16:01
ordered 2 merlin passes this morning had more mailing come this morning and have enough for 3 more passes should i wait till others passes come in the post or just order now the two i ordered this morning the vouchers was from last lot of mailing

dawnb
20th May 2008, 23:44
My friend I got voucher for reeived a pass last weeek after posting the application off no problems about different names.

maiden scotland
21st May 2008, 19:44
wish I had read this a few hours ago :rolleyes:

due to the lack of good deals in Scotland, I ordered 4 of these earlier to sell on e-bay, once I saw this thread I called the clubcard deals (0808 1000 707)

told the guy on the phone that I'd ordered merlin passes for family members and though I stay in Scotland that they are in England & do not share the same surname as me and asked if they would have trouble transfering the vouchers into passes.

He put me on hold while he went to talk to his manager, then came back saying that I would have to acompany them while getting their passes :shocked:
I said - as I've explained I live in Scotland so it isn't viable, could I cancel the order as it was only placed a few hours ago and the passes wont have been printed yet - off he went to talk to his manager again, came back saying - No it couldnt be cancelled I will have to wait on them arriving then send them back to them :der:

I may try my luck on e-bay letting possible buyers know that these are named vouchers, either that or it's wait till August sometime for the points to be credited back in the next mailing :rolleyes:

Michlikeadeal
21st May 2008, 20:52
Hi, I got my friend a voucher for a Merlin pass which had my name on it. Went to Thorpe Park today and there was no problem with her getting the pass, they just issued it with no questions raised. Just thought I'd let you all know.

patel1977
21st May 2008, 20:59
where could you get these merlin pass cards

maiden scotland
21st May 2008, 21:59
where could you get these merlin pass cards

Alton Towers Resort, LEGOLAND? Windsor, THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures & Zoo, Madame Tussauds (London), the London Eye and Warwick Castle.

patel1977
21st May 2008, 22:02
is it free

dawnb
21st May 2008, 22:06
Yes and they do the photo for you at Thorpe park so don't have to get photos printed. When we got ours we went on a few rides as well. You might have to queue a while on busy days but we went late aftenoon no probs. By post is quite quick according to my friend at playgroup though.

Irishsmurfy
21st May 2008, 22:18
is it free

The Merlin passes cost ?110 cash each - which covers you for all the amusement parks mentioned earlier. If you are paying using Tesco vouchers then it is only ?27.50 in Tesco coupons which arrive each mailing - depending on how many points you collect. 1 point = 1p so 2750 points = ?27.50.

molly316
21st May 2008, 22:52
I received my Blackpool Pleasure Beach voucher today and that has my surname on it.

I ordered 5 about 10 days ago, and none have my name on them?

bradleybear
21st May 2008, 23:11
The Merlin passes cost ?110 cash each - which covers you for all the amusement parks mentioned earlier. If you are paying using Tesco vouchers then it is only ?27.50 in Tesco coupons which arrive each mailing - depending on how many points you collect. 1 point = 1p so 2750 points = ?27.50.

they (merlin group) put there prices up couple weeks ago cost is now ?125 not ?110 so get them in early before tesco increase deal price to compensate

Coupon-madder
21st May 2008, 23:53
they (merlin group) put there prices up couple weeks ago cost is now ?125 not ?110 so get them in early before tesco increase deal price to compensate

Tesco won't increase the price this quarter, as they have printed the ?110 price on the current Deals booklet (valid from May-August I think).

I spoke to someone in the Deals CS team last week and he seemed surprised to learn that the Merlin pass had gone up on their website, and he advised me that Tesco won't be about to increase their price to match until the next Deals booklet comes out. Prices are always as per the current Deals booklet.

hoochi
24th May 2008, 15:30
would this make a difference when transfering the vouchoers into deals ?

hoochi
24th May 2008, 15:32
sorry should have said i will transfer them into virgin deals when they come back as virgin deals will this make a difference im sure i have read something about this but cannot find it x

Sarah-Jane2
25th May 2008, 10:44
No, it shouldn't. I've just ordered Virgin vouchers from three different addresses, 2 lots have come and postcodes aren't printed on them.

Nazlfc
6th August 2008, 21:39
Does anyone know if Pizza Hut is named?

Gizmos
6th August 2008, 21:43
SK:N Clinic - surname and last three digits of postcode

Mamzie
6th August 2008, 21:49
you can't order Pizza hut deals yet, but I would imagine they will be like the others are now.

Theres a more up to date list on this thread I started about the way voucher amounts had changed. Lots changed in May you see.

http://paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?p=679615#post679615

NitWit
7th August 2008, 20:46
Are you merging the info Mamzie? If so I will add it to the FAQ :)

shrek
5th November 2008, 21:51
Hi, sorry if this is on a sticky somewhere but I can't find it anywhere, basically I want to buy some clubcard vouchers on ebay and have them exchanged for restaurant vouchers. are these normally named, and if so is proof of ID normally asked for, thanks for all help

Irishsmurfy
5th November 2008, 22:17
Hi, sorry if this is on a sticky somewhere but I can't find it anywhere, basically I want to buy some clubcard vouchers on ebay and have them exchanged for restaurant vouchers. are these normally named, and if so is proof of ID normally asked for, thanks for all help

Hi Shrek and welcome to PTS

Restaurant vouchers are now usually printed with surnames on them but I've never been asked for id when using them. Just to be safe I always book in the name on the deals and pay cash for the drinks so I don't have to use cards.

Good luck.

NitWit
5th November 2008, 22:35
This might help: http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?t=35587

the_kid
5th November 2008, 23:48
Just received Cafe Rouge and they have both name and post code on them.

deekmcc
6th November 2008, 08:31
Use them every week and never used any with my surname on and never been asked for id , even used 2 different surname ones together without any probs.

Flo
9th November 2008, 16:25
MIL has same surname but if they come with postcode on its no good.

Do all holiday companies now have postcode on deals vouchers?

Gizmos
9th November 2008, 16:40
closing this one - we have two threads similar!!!!