PDA

View Full Version : Help finding a holiday - please

sammy30
23rd January 2008, 10:52
I want to use my vouchers (about ?800 in deals) for a holiday but I am struggling to find something suitable. We do not have our own transport so need to be near a train station. Not keen on Haven, having been to them several times before - the kids have seen the shows and are fed up with Rory the Tiger lol.

I've been looking at staying near to legoland or chessington but I can't find a hotel that accepts tesco vouchers. The websites are so unhelpful! What is the easiest way of sorting it all out?

Have any of you booked a hotel near to these places that you can reccommend?

I also looked at butlins, but I can't believe that their holidays are ?1500 for a week!!! Is there a way of getting a school holiday break cheaper with tesco vouchers?

I hope someone can help!

clockwatcher
23rd January 2008, 11:14
If you'd consider going abroad, you could try Camping Life in France or Italy. Some sites are accessible by public transport - we did a two-site holiday (near Paris and by Lake Garda) a couple of years ago without a car.

Or in this country, there's Youth Hostels, which are pretty family-friendly.

clockwatcher
23rd January 2008, 11:16
There is a thread somewhere in which someone said they stayed at a hotel near Legoland, went to the theme park and ate at Bella Italia - all paid for with Deals.

Or you could save your Deals and get a cheap Travelodge room if there's one near where you want to go.

gobbyash
23rd January 2008, 11:48
Cosmos have a weeks holiday at the Hotel Hawaii Mallorca, Palma Nova on Half Board for 2 adults, 2 children flying from Gatwick on Tuesday 27th May - half term week

http://www.cosmos.co.uk/destinations/popup?accom=BJQC&n=a

With Clubcard Deals it is ?1193 all, without deals it is ?993. This price does not include plane meals.

It includes one free child place.

Basic Cost ?409.00 2 ?818.00
Average Child Price ?255.00 1 ?255.00
Fuel Supplement ?40.00 3 ?120.00
Online Discount -?200.00
TOTAL PRICE: ?993.00

It should be available from other airports but not sure which one you are closest too.

Regards

gobbyash :)

gobbyash
23rd January 2008, 12:38
Or you could go All Inclusive to Hotel Samoa Calas De Mallorca

http://www.cosmos.co.uk/destinations/popup?accom=BJDX&n=a

With Clubcard Deals it is ?1279 all, without deals it is ?1103. This price does not include plane meals.

Same flight details

Basic Cost ?445.00 2 ?890.00
Average Child Price ?269.00 1 ?269.00
Fuel Supplement ?40.00 3 ?120.00
Online Discount -?176.00
TOTAL PRICE: ?1103.00

Regards

gobbyash ;)

missstroppy
23rd January 2008, 12:51
I prefer to holiday in the Uk with the kids.....and there is nothing really other than butlins!

Very frustrating!

tyroleandancer
23rd January 2008, 12:58
check this out
http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4004&highlight=legoland+with+deals

tyroleandancer
23rd January 2008, 13:00
Legoland on Mr T
http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10526&highlight=legoland+weekend

mhoc
23rd January 2008, 13:07
I prefer to holiday in the Uk with the kids.....and there is nothing really other than butlins!

Very frustrating!

Yes you can pay for your membership with deals and alos overnight stays.

We stayed at the youth hostel in Windermere. At Windermere station there is a little mini bus that runs between several of the lakes youth hostels so you could go between have maybe two nights in one and then two nights in another etc - they actively encourage people to be car less. Masses to do in the area. Windermere hostel is set in beautiful gardens and they have treasure hunt sheets for the kids.

Also reccomend Arnside which is just above Morecame, which has a railway station, lovely comfortable hotel. If possible ask for the room downstairs next to the lounge, it has 2 sets of bunks and a single bed - also not far to stagger to the kitchen. Its a lovely old fashioned sea side place and it even has a cafe on the side of the hill - lovely place.

Also York is another good hostel. I am sure you can get a bus from the railway station to the hotel and into/out of town. Again masses to do in York for kids, plus to use your deals in the Jorvick centre, Bella Italia, Ha Ha bar, and two Slug and Lettuces. Its a city that is far better seen on foot, really dont need your car and you could easily fill a week there. This is a bed and breakfast hotel.

Somewhere on here there is a thread about a London hotel, again close to a station and masses of places to use your deals.

Are your children still under 12 or so?

missstroppy
23rd January 2008, 13:08
I want to use my vouchers (about ?800 in deals) for a holiday but I am struggling to find something suitable. We do not have our own transport so need to be near a train station. Not keen on Haven, having been to them several times before - the kids have seen the shows and are fed up with Rory the Tiger lol.

I've been looking at staying near to legoland or chessington but I can't find a hotel that accepts tesco vouchers. The websites are so unhelpful! What is the easiest way of sorting it all out?

Have any of you booked a hotel near to these places that you can reccommend?

I also looked at butlins, but I can't believe that their holidays are ?1500 for a week!!! Is there a way of getting a school holiday break cheaper with tesco vouchers?

I hope someone can help!

If you want to go to lots of theme parks it would worth you exchanging you deals for the new tussaurds passes. They Now include Legoland & sealife as well as, london eye, chessington, thorpe park, alton towers, Madam tussaurds !

Plus if you have an annual pass you can get a discount on food inside (except franchised [sp] ones like mc d , pizza hut etc, etc Oh and gift shops! We have them.

Have a look at the deals page !

missstroppy
23rd January 2008, 13:09
My babies are 2 & 7 .

princesskerry
23rd January 2008, 13:13
I've booked a hol with Siblu in france, but french life would be good too. Can you drive if so you can rent a car, Avis (I think) is part of the deals so might be worth considering.:D

rach109
24th January 2008, 10:15

Very frustrating!

you should try siblu / frenchlife to have a holiday in france

its "abroad" enough but not too far lol
and can use ferry or eurotunnel travel which is 35 mins approx,the journey is over before its begun ( ok not quite :laugh:)

we love our france holidays,and the sites are fab for children.would recommend it :) you could use a site closeish to calais if your kids arent good @ travelling long distances in the car :)

oh and driving is much better / easier than on UK roads / motorways !!

rach109
24th January 2008, 10:16
I've booked a hol with Siblu in france, but french life would be good too. Can you drive if so you can rent a car, Avis (I think) is part of the deals so might be worth considering.:D

which site are you going to Kerry ? :)