PDA

View Full Version : Change to Tussauds annual pass To Include Legoland + more

lloydadam
23rd January 2008, 12:13
This was over on MSE

Bad new if you already have one ,as you can't upgrade:mad:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=8125687&posted=1#post8125687

New Pass Details
http://www.annual-pass.com/holding_page.asp

missstroppy
23rd January 2008, 12:22
Mine run out beginning of april.....but as we are moving up North, they would not get the hammering they did here in london!!! Still cant decide what to do?

Coupon-madder
23rd January 2008, 12:32
I saw on MSE last night that the Merlin Annual Pass (previously Tussauds Annual Pass) now includes Legoland and Sealife Centres, and is still currently the same price on the Tesco cc website as the Tussauds AP was:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=8118675#post8118675

As the link states that the cost of this Deal - currently ?95 each person -may well be going up to ?110 very shortly (as per the price on the Merlin website) maybe now is the week to order these Deals. It would be worth doing even if you don't want the pass until June or July, as you don't have to order the pass straight away (Deals are valid for 6 months so you could pay the lower price now then wait till your old pass is near expiry).

So there's no longer any need to buy Deals for Legoland or Sea Life Centres if you get one of these passes, which will also get you into the London Eye, Chessington, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Dungeons, Warwick Castle....etc.

I believe you can also use Merlin Annual passes at Parc Asterix and other European Tussauds attractions can't you? If so it would be even more of a useful bargain if you are holidaying near such an attraction this year.

HTH someone. :)

siennahue
23rd January 2008, 13:10
Hi, I looked on the merlin website as this sounds good, we buy both passes each year! It looks as though its only the new ?110 passes that will include all attractions and possibly those bought after 15th March that will inc Legoland http://www.annual-pass.com/holding_page.asp have a look here :)

Sienna

Edit - Ignore me! I just rang Merlin and passes bought now will include the new parks etc and as Tesco is still showing the old price then thats what we get it for! The price of the passes has gone up as far as Merlin is concerned - Sorry C-M

Coupon-madder
23rd January 2008, 14:30
That's good to have confirmed, this is also what the MSE poster was saying. I think I will get ours asap.

**Patty**
23rd January 2008, 14:49
Have ordered the tokens for mine today :)

Am chuffed since Sea Life centres have been added.......i like these but sometimes it feels a lot of money for an hours entertainment. Much better value now, with the pass :)

missstroppy
23rd January 2008, 14:56
Dungeons - is this accepted there then?

SuzyWoo
23rd January 2008, 14:58
This is a really good deal now. Our passes are valid till the end of August so will probably not buy anymore till next year now - but am tempted by Legoland etc.

caits06
23rd January 2008, 17:39
Can anyone advise me if port aventura is still included in this pass as i think it used to be but can no longer see a mention of it,thanks

lucy1
23rd January 2008, 18:29
Hi i need help i have legoland passes run out in May and tussuads passes ran out in october so i was going to order legoland passes for this year after May but know i wont get to use tussauds passes any ideas???

missstroppy
23rd January 2008, 18:49
Hi i need help i have legoland passes run out in May and tussuads passes ran out in october so i was going to order legoland passes for this year after May but know i wont get to use tussauds passes any ideas???

I'm not sure what your asking sorry??? :confused:

Try again please ! :D

lucy1
23rd January 2008, 19:19
sorry if i was confusing after May my legoland passes ran out so i will have to buy more but i have tussuads annual passes that i wont need to use as the legoland passes cover thorpe park etc

Coupon-madder
24th January 2008, 13:26
Lucy, I think it depends if you would get use out of the extra places that are now on the Merlin Pass, in your case between May and October. If you are planning trips to Sea Life at all, and/or Legoland in the Summer, it seems to me you may be best to get Merlin passes instead at some point.

Technically you would then have 2 Tussauds-type passes running consecutively but I am not aware that you would be able to get a refund at all on the old Tussauds pass. Shouldn't think so.

Otherwise, could you do a Legoland Visit this year before your Legoland Pass expires (maybe go at Easter or on a Spring term INSET day if you have kids). Leaving the Chessington & other Tussauds outings for the Summer (which are already covered by your old Tussauds pass)?

Then you could get a Merlin Pass in October once the old Tussauds one expires, and maybe then fit in a second visit to Legoland this year for the fireworks before the parks close.

sunshine
24th January 2008, 14:40
From what I have read they are still in negotiations with portaventura so will only confirm that the pass is for attractions in UK at the moment. We are going to Salou in May and were going to buy passes and use them then. Now don't know what to do.

Darkangel709
24th January 2008, 14:48
The fireworks displays at lego land are fantastic went last year.....oops just spotted time gotta rush gotta pick little un up from other side of town. .....

GoatBoy
24th January 2008, 15:04
From what I have read they are still in negotiations with portaventura so will only confirm that the pass is for attractions in UK at the moment. We are going to Salou in May and were going to buy passes and use them then. Now don't know what to do.

Me too but tbh, the annual passes pay for themselves for us many times over regardless of Port Aventura.

Khufu
24th January 2008, 17:48
It says on deals - 20% off eating & shopping - who gets this if you only have one pass does it just count for that person's food or can you buy the family's meals with this? also can I buy some deals on ebay and get this or is it named?

lloydadam
24th January 2008, 17:52
It says on deals - 20% off eating & shopping - who gets this if you only have one pass does it just count for that person's food or can you buy the family's meals with this? also can I buy some deals on ebay and get this or is it named?

As long as the person who's paying has a pass you get the discount

suzanneg
24th January 2008, 18:36
not named, you can buy from ebay ;)

sanmarco5
24th January 2008, 18:43
We got our passes (with deals) 3 weeks ago, so does that mean we can now use them for legoland or not?? bit annoyingif we canti
f we can't!

suzanneg
24th January 2008, 18:46
If you've already got the actual passes, no, you can't use them for LEgoland. If you have the vouchers from Tesco but have not changed them up yet if you wait till March you will get the new pass.
Thats how I understand it anyway!
Very frustrating as our old passes are valid till Sept :rolleyes:

siennahue
24th January 2008, 18:48
Do they have the legoland logo on the front? If so then they are the new ones, if you look at the link I posted earlier in the thread theres a piccy of the new passes :)

Sienna

sanmarco5
24th January 2008, 18:55
Do they have the legoland logo on the front? If so then they are the new ones, if you look at the link I posted earlier in the thread theres a piccy of the new passes :)

Sienna

no they dont, we only bought them 3 weeks ago (4th jan at tussauds in london) and was told at the time that legoland would be joining soon and when they did we would be able to go there too, a bit unfair I think, as we only got them a few weeks ago, and they obviously knew at the time that legoland would be joining, even if we were offered the choice to upgrade and pay the extra it would be better than nothing!

siennahue
24th January 2008, 19:02
It dosen't seem fair. Perhaps write to Merlin explaining that when you bought them you were told they would be useable in legoland. If you want to call them a number for merlin is 01202 666900 the lady might give you another number to call you'll get there in the end, best of luck :)

Sienna

sanmarco5
24th January 2008, 19:05
It dosen't seem fair. Perhaps write to Merlin explaining that when you bought them you were told they would be useable in legoland. If you want to call them a number for merlin is 01202 666900 the lady might give you another number to call you'll get there in the end, best of luck :)

Sienna

I have just emailed them, dont mind paying the additional money (in cash even!!) as we would probably go to legoland a few times!

Khufu
24th January 2008, 22:23

lloydadam
25th January 2008, 21:43
no they dont, we only bought them 3 weeks ago (4th jan at tussauds in london) and was told at the time that legoland would be joining soon and when they did we would be able to go there too, a bit unfair I think, as we only got them a few weeks ago, and they obviously knew at the time that legoland would be joining, even if we were offered the choice to upgrade and pay the extra it would be better than nothing!

I got 4 in August, and I emailed them twice now asking why I can't upgrade,and I don't mind paying .
But that was 3 days ago and no reply.:rolleyes::(

maryw4
27th January 2008, 23:17
Legoland have a new pass called Merlin - you can use it to get into Legoland, Chessington, London Eye, Thorpe Park etc. only reason i never bought one before is i wanted to be able to get into both Chess and Legoland.

Does anyone know if i can use tesco deals to buy this or how i can found out if i can.

thanks

fluffybunny
27th January 2008, 23:29
look here

https://secure.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=393

and here

http://www.annual-pass.com/holding_page.asp

ayjayays
27th January 2008, 23:36
if you look at the merlin pass site, dates of opening for new pass are on there,and also what to do if you have existing pass,i phoned clubcard deals last week as id got tussauds deals vouchers for xmas and was checking that the new merlin pass including legoland etc would be the same as available via deals.Clubcard staff were not aware of the change but after checking i was assured that it was,the new deals brochure,im told will be out at end of feb,clubcard staff will receive training they say on new deals mid feb,hence lack of knowledge at the moment.

Coupon-madder
28th January 2008, 00:19
See this thread earlier this week:

http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=25577

Can these be merged please by the clever PTS mods, I see my post was merged with the first post that just beat me to it on 23rd?

ayjayays
28th January 2008, 00:47
i rang clubcard deals last week and they confirmed that the new merlin pass will be advertised in the new deals brochure out end feb,it will not include the family pass as advertised on merlin site they say,-,only individual pass,apparently there will not be a legoland annual pass,only day tickets via deals,also in new brochure.The merlin annual pass site does mention what to do if you have old style merlin pass and that new pass is available some places from 9th feb,as i dont have legoland pass at moment i didnt enquire as to upgrading them,clubcard are sketchy on details at moment because staff training on new brochure is not till mid feb but they found out what they could

ayjayays
28th January 2008, 00:49

if you look at new merlin pass website it does say to upgrade them

Khufu
28th January 2008, 00:52
So should I wait til 9th Feb to get mine?

Khufu
28th January 2008, 00:54
Sorry if I seem thick - is there any benefit to getting one now? Is there anything lost when the Legoland gets added on? Some people mentioned foreign parks: porteventura, parc asterix, are tehy on now, will tehy be on when legoland is added?

maryw4
28th January 2008, 14:57
ive had an amail from legoland saying you have to wait till february to order them with tesco deals. is that right or should i order them now to get best price?

Coupon-madder
28th January 2008, 16:47
Mary, I have ordered the Deals now from Tesco, to get the ?95 price; from what I have read on here and on MSE the Deals sent now should get me the new Merlin Card (I hope!). Deals are valid for 6 months so they can be ordered now at ?95 even though the new Merlin Card isn't being issued yet AFAIK.

Think I will try asking my local Sea Life Centre about buying the Annual pass with my Deals, in mid February. If they tell me I can't use those particular Deals for the Merlin card that includes them and Legoland, then I'll be a bit miffed but I won't have lost out. I could presumably contact Tesco Deals and get them changed to the new Merlin card version and 'pay' any clubcard voucher difference then. Or I could return the Deals for recrediting to my cc account.

ayjayays
29th January 2008, 17:43
ive phoned clubcard deals again today and spoken to CS Manager,im now told that the new merlin pass issue date via tesco is 14th feb,i also asked if the current vouchers i obtained beg jan will be honoured,was told definitely yes,asked them to confirm this in writing but was declined,there will be no change to wording etc on the vouchers,im told,eg if youve already got them they will be exactly the same as those sent out after 14th feb,so no point in returning them for swop.I queried why the merlin pass site states from some venues 9th feb-answer-dont know!!advised to ring again 14th feb,they will know more.
Ive since emailed Merlin HO direct to try and get this clarified,just what is acceptable,where and from when

sarahrjfr
31st January 2008, 10:44
I have been watching this thread with great interest as it is a great deal but Merlin/Clubcard have given so much contradicting information i`m unsure if I should risk it.
I have a 3 year old and read on mse that people have had kids up to 4 on there pass picture so I emailed Merlin on Friday for age confirmation and they haven`t replied. :mad:
So i`m stuck on 2 counts do I risk getting the new pass and do I get my 3 year old a pass or risk him being allowed on my pass?
What do people think? :help:

sanmarco5
31st January 2008, 10:56
if you look at the merlin pass site, dates of opening for new pass are on there,and also what to do if you have existing pass,i phoned clubcard deals last week as id got tussauds deals vouchers for xmas and was checking that the new merlin pass including legoland etc would be the same as available via deals.Clubcard staff were not aware of the change but after checking i was assured that it was,the new deals brochure,im told will be out at end of feb,clubcard staff will receive training they say on new deals mid feb,hence lack of knowledge at the moment.

Does state that old passes wont be upgraded, I emailed them & got a very rude I felt email stating the same thing. I am a bit let down as we only bought our at the beginning of this month & were told at the time (by staff at tussauds) that legoland would be added later in the year & we would be able to use our passes, I would be happy to pay an upgrade fee, but this isnt an option, don't see why they couldnt offer to upgrade for a chash payment of the price difference!

cazw
31st January 2008, 15:57
I have just phoned merlin entertainment as i just got my deal vouchers through but haven't bought my passes yet.. i have been told that as long as the deals voucher says it's for a merlin entertainment annual pass you'll be fine and can send off for the passes now, if your vouchers were bought a while ago and they say 'tussauds' annual pass you'l be given the old style pass. Ours say merlin pass so we're going to get ours in the 1/2 term :)

Caz

Mike Mercury
31st January 2008, 19:59
I have just phoned merlin entertainment as i just got my deal vouchers through but haven't bought my passes yet.. i have been told that as long as the deals voucher says it's for a merlin entertainment annual pass you'll be fine and can send off for the passes now, if your vouchers were bought a while ago and they say 'tussauds' annual pass you'l be given the old style pass. Ours say merlin pass so we're going to get ours in the 1/2 term :)

Caz

I would check your passes carefully. I have done the same thing and the tokens state "The Merlin Entertainments Group Annual Pass Token" but underneath in a smaller font it states "12 months worth of entry to Tussauds Theme Parks and attractions once exchanged". I think this means these will be the old style passes, especially as I got them at the old price.

Personally it doesn't really bother me as I dont want the Legoland bit.

sanmarco5
31st January 2008, 20:04
if you look at new merlin pass website it does say to upgrade them

yes you have to go to the office & upgrade to a new style pass, but it wont include the new attractions

cazw
2nd February 2008, 16:01
I would check your passes carefully. I have done the same thing and the tokens state "The Merlin Entertainments Group Annual Pass Token" but underneath in a smaller font it states "12 months worth of entry to Tussauds Theme Parks and attractions once exchanged". I think this means these will be the old style passes, especially as I got them at the old price.

Personally it doesn't really bother me as I dont want the Legoland bit.

not at home right now but will double check and if they do say tat i'll send them back and wait untill the new ones come out.
Caz

cazw
4th February 2008, 15:00
OK.. Just spoke to a very nice young man at clubcard deals who has confirmed that ANY passes purchased B4 tomorrow will be the old passes (i.e not including legoland, sea life ect) the new passes will go live tomorrow. he also said that if i sent my tokens back with a covering letter stateing that i want the new style passes which include legoland and also include the difference in price they will exchange them for me (i think he said it was an extra ?15 in vouchers or ?60 cash). so i'll be sending mine back with the extra ?15 tomorrow via recorded delivery to get my new passes :D

Caz

cazw
9th February 2008, 08:45
having now looked on tesco every day and the new passes are not yet there, I'll wait untill monday when all the new stuff goes on, but in the meantime i looked again at the merlin site and they now have a FAQ section... here are my findings....

Frequently Asked Questions
These first questions directly relate to the new Merlin Annual pass

I have a Tesco Voucher valid for the Tussauds Annual Pass, but I have not redeemed this yet...
Is it still valid?

Yes. If your voucher is still within the 6 month validity date of issue, then this is still valid for redemption at any of the following attractions: Alton Towers Resort, THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures & Zoo, the London Eye, Madame Tussauds and Warwick Castle. Attraction entry for this pass are for the attractions state previously

Can I exchange this voucher for a NEW Merlin Annual Pass?

Yes you can, when you visit one of our attractions, for a ?15 upgrade fee we will issue you with a New Merlin Annual Pass.

so even if tesco dont updat the passes you can still sort of use deal to get a hefty discoun.

Caz

GoatBoy
9th February 2008, 11:09
I emailed Port Aventura CS to ask if this pass will still get us in there.

Reply was that no decision due until end of March but highly likely that it will be valid

bubbler
9th February 2008, 18:07
Legoland has now joined the Tussauds (now Merlin group) and I wanted to get an annual pass to incorporate this. Ther Merlin annual pass website shows their passes include Legoland and are ?110 annually, but the Tesco (http://http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=393)website doesn't say Legoland is included and the deals price works out at ?95 (the price of the old Tussauds pass without Legoland).

I don't want to have to pay extra ?15 cash (http://http://www.annual-pass.com/faq/faq.asp?css=1#tesco_voucher)to upgrade the pass if the Tesco one doesn't currently cater for Legoland as well. Does anyone know how this all works? Am I best to wait a few months until Tesco deals update the details? I don't want to use this until the summer so it's not a problem.....

cazw
9th February 2008, 20:21
i'm hoping tesco will update the merlin deal on monday when all the new deals go live. if not i might end the vouchers back as without legoland it's not quite as apealing for us but it will take some thinking about!

Caz

bubbler
11th February 2008, 14:38
I've checked Tesco today and Merlin passes are now ?27.50 in Deals and reflect the ?110 charged by Merlin.....so I assume they now include Legoland!

**Patty**
11th February 2008, 15:36
I exchanged mine last month for deal tokens , hoping to get the new style passes not so much for Legoland, but for the sea life sanctuaries.

Have just dug them out of the filing cabinet (thinking of going to Alton Towers tomorrow) to find out that they are Tusssauds Theme Park ones :mad:

Which means, if i exchange them for the yearly passes tomorrow, we won't get the sea life entries included.:mad:

Why is it so difficult for Deals to make things clear?

On a more positive note....at least the Haven park we wanted isn't ineligible....YET:rolleyes:

That means i'll have to phone them up now *cries*

**Patty**
11th February 2008, 16:09
I have now progressed from *mildly annoyed* to *really cheesed off* :mad:

After phoning clubcard deals, i have to send the Tussauds ones back, with a covering letter, PLUS additional clubcard vouchers.......then, they will send me updated tokens (including sea life centres & legoland) so as i can go to Alton Towers & get the proper passes.

So we won't be going tomorrow as planned then :(

Oh & Clubcard deals weren't particularly apologetic for all the confusion either:rolleyes: Apart from the additional cost of me having to return them recorded delivery, not a whiff of a *sorry* or anything.

jammy
11th February 2008, 16:23
I have now progressed from *mildly annoyed* to *really cheesed off* :mad:

After phoning clubcard deals, i have to send the Tussauds ones back, with a covering letter, PLUS additional clubcard vouchers.......then, they will send me updated tokens (including sea life centres & legoland) so as i can go to Alton Towers & get the proper passes.

So we won't be going tomorrow as planned then :(

Oh & Clubcard deals weren't particularly apologetic for all the confusion either:rolleyes: Apart from the additional cost of me having to return them recorded delivery, not a whiff of a *sorry* or anything.

Patty
If you read on the merlin site it does say that if you have tesco deals that have not been exchanged for the new pass yet,you can pay the ?15 in cash to upgrade.
So although you would have to part with some cash you could still go tomorrow.
Hope that helps and you can still go while the weather is nice.:)

caraboo
18th February 2008, 16:25
Hi all

Fairly new to this so please be kind if it seems a bit stupid

Annual pass says 110 per person on tesco clubcard deal.

Can i get use 12 x 27.50 vouchers to make 330 and exchange for family pass

or is it for individual passes only therefore costing 110 x 4

dont want to exchange if i cant get a full family pass.:help:

Any advices welcome
:)

Ladyshopper
18th February 2008, 16:27
I wondered about the family pass as well, as its the same price for 4 as it would be for 3 individuals. Whilst there is only 3 of us, thought I could get one for kids friend if could get a family one.

ayjayays
18th February 2008, 17:38
Hi all

Fairly new to this so please be kind if it seems a bit stupid

Annual pass says 110 per person on tesco clubcard deal.

Can i get use 12 x 27.50 vouchers to make 330 and exchange for family pass

or is it for individual passes only therefore costing 110 x 4

dont want to exchange if i cant get a full family pass.:help:

Any advices welcome
:)
at tussauds last week they would only exchange deals tokens for individual passes,family pass not available with tesco

caraboo
18th February 2008, 18:33
thanks for reply

couldnt see on their website about this