PDA

View Full Version : Hotels in Salou?

katelina
23rd January 2008, 22:32
Can you book just a hotel through Cosmos with your deals or does it have to be a full holiday including flights?
I have just got myself a great deal with Ryannair ?245 for 3 of us on the 28th July and am now looking for a hotel. As its a 'extra' break for us I'm trying to do it as cheap as possible and I thought of using my deals for the hotel but other than Cosmos don't know any other way. Is there another company?
Only got about ?300 in deals but it will help :)

Coupon-madder
23rd January 2008, 23:04
Not sure if 'Individual Travellers' or 'Siblu' cover that area of Spain, may be worth a look on the Tesco Deals site? I haven't used either company though and don't know about prices or t&cs. Sorry don't know the answer about Cosmos as I haven't used them either!

bluwkd
24th January 2008, 00:40
hi..

sure its only the full package with cosmos.. we are going to salou for a week in june and need 2 bed apartment.. cosmos price was ?1,500 :eek:

as you, found a cheap ryanair flight and booked an apt via travel republic.. ?650 for flights and got 8 days for 4 of us!

http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/default.aspx?DEST=TREP&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CJvcmZvRjZECFQ6ZQwodyV4_GQ

online codes usually knocking around too if you google, I got a 5% off one to work

rainbow
24th January 2008, 06:56
find-rooms.com is very cheap for hotels too. I can recommend the Vi La Romana.

GoatBoy
24th January 2008, 06:59
There's a Siblu site in Cambrils which is about 2 miles south of Salou. Lovely fishing village feel to it compared to the Blackpool that is Salou

seosb
24th January 2008, 07:07
could fly into Barca and drive down, about an hour .I assume you'll fly to Reus. Rent a private villa if you can, Cambrills (10min drive )to the south is a German town and the English isnt good in resteraunts. La pineda to the north (5mins drive)is better with the water park. Salou is hectic, parking is interesting!! out of main part more peacefull and only a short walk in . remember quidco if you book a hotel, and enjoy!!

MrsTom
24th January 2008, 08:15
There's a Siblu site in Cambrils which is about 2 miles south of Salou. Lovely fishing village feel to it compared to the Blackpool that is Salou

I've stayed there, the kids loved it, the beach is about a 5 minute walk. Very nice sandy beach, plenty of room. Lots of bars, restaurants - more family orientated.

Camp site itself is nice, fresh bakery, pizzeria. The entertainment isn't very good. If you walk down to the Cambrils Princess Hotel there is a bus that takes you up to Portaventura.

Our*holiday*fund
24th January 2008, 09:39
find-rooms.com is very cheap for hotels too. I can recommend the Vi La Romana.

would also recommend villa romana, great hotel, went nearly 4 years ago, couldnt fault anything :)

Rexie
24th January 2008, 11:56
If you want quiet, clean and reasonably priced then stay in Calafell. It is in between Salou and Barcelona and it is beautiful there. I would like to retire here one day.

There is an excellent railway link that runs to the back of the hotels and apartments so you won't even need a car. Its where the locals go but saying thet there a few Brits there now and there is even a bar called the Rose & Crown that has Sky sports!

Send me a PM if you want deatils of the agent that I use for the accomodation. Flights I do with Easyjet.

rainbow
24th January 2008, 13:09
would also recommend villa romana, great hotel, went nearly 4 years ago, couldnt fault anything :)

Great location too, easy walking distance to both PA and beach.

Our*holiday*fund
24th January 2008, 13:20
Great location too, easy walking distance to both PA and beach.

yep definatly, would say more or less in the middle, both about a 15-20 min walk if i remember right :), looked by far the best hotel in salou apart from maybe PA etc, but they were about twice as much money, we had a lovely holiday thx to this hotel, would definatly return, even though we wasnt overly impressed with salou, shame cosmos dont go :(