PDA

View Full Version : Cosmos quote

hatterz
26th January 2008, 10:12
Just got a quote from Cosmos for 1 week all inclusive in June to Hotel Samoa, Calas de Mallorca. They want ?520 deposit which will be refunded when they receive the vouchers. Just wanted to ask a few questions :D

How quick do they refund the deposit?

Has anyone had problems getting the deposit back?

Can I use vouchers that have already been converted for Butlins to pay Cosmos?

Has anyone been to Hotel Samoa?

I don't really know what I am doing I have never booked a holiday abroad before :confused:

Thanks in advance for any help xxx :D:D:D

boysmum
26th January 2008, 10:20
I did not have a problem getting my deposit back, but it did not happen as quick as I expected, think I waited about three weeks.

Not been to that hotel before I am afraid,

Have you already got your vouchers, they need to be sent to them as soon as you book.

hatterz
26th January 2008, 10:40
I haven't got all the vouchers yet but will have after next mailing :D

Nana
26th January 2008, 10:41
www.tripadvisor.co.uk is a good site for checking hotels before booking ;)

jen
26th January 2008, 11:16
Will totally second tripadvisor, never been dissapointed with our choice using it.

pumpkin
26th January 2008, 12:18
How quick do they refund the deposit? about 3 weeks

Has anyone had problems getting the deposit back? no
Can I use vouchers that have already been converted for Butlins to pay Cosmos? yes
Has anyone been to Hotel Samoa? no, but would agree tripadvsior is the place to look
I don't really know what I am doing I have never booked a holiday abroad before :confused: You'll be fine :)
Thanks in advance for any help xxx You're welcome :)

huntsu1
26th January 2008, 12:32
:eek: Please check out trip advisor before you book, your chosen hotel has a very mixed review.

hatterz
26th January 2008, 18:53
:eek: Please check out trip advisor before you book, your chosen hotel has a very mixed review.

Thanks, I had a look and some of the comments weren't too good, having a look at some different ones now :D

freakincharliebrown
26th January 2008, 19:07
I've not been to the Hotel Samoa but the Hotel mastines Chihuahas is good for a 3 star, the resort is very family orientated, not really much going on but ideal for families.

hatterz
28th January 2008, 18:33
Thanks for the advice about using travel advisor, I have found a hotel that looks quite good and has mainly good comments on there :)

Beach Club Torremolinos, anyone been there?

janegreen
29th January 2008, 13:37
We also stayed at the Sol Mastines/Chihuauhuas (???) and thought it was excellent value for money. Our boys were only 2 when we went but there was always something for them to eat. Callas de Mallorca is a great place to go if you are not used to going abroad, fairly quiet but family orientated, also a good place to stay whilst using the local cheap bus service to other place like Sa Coma (nice sandy beach) and the caves of drach