PDA

View Full Version : Do I pay taxes as well as dep with Virgin?

nixieh
26th January 2008, 23:00
I have read all the threads on Virgin I can find but am still confused about something :confused:

Despite a last minute points surge on wipes I am still going to need to pay about ?400 towards my hoped for holiday to Florida. As I won't have the full amount in Deals vouchers I assume I will have to pay a deposit of ?600 (5 of us going). Will I also have to pay the taxes in cash as well as the deposit?

There seems to be conflicting experiences about all this and I don't want to end up with too many (or too few!) Virgin vouchers as if I can't use all my deals I will need to sell them to help pay towards the cash used!

None of my locals have any wipes left but if I am going to have to fork out a lot of extra cash I might go on a Tesco tour of the S.East tomrrw to try and purchase enough wipes & J&J products to make the last ?400 in deals b4 cut off!!

rainbow
26th January 2008, 23:05
Yes you will be ?600 for your deposit. If you have enough deals to cover it, you will get that refunded. You should also be able to pay your taxes in deals. This is based on our experience, but as you say, it varies, and seems to depend on the individual tele-operator.

Gavvy
26th January 2008, 23:19
If they try and get you to pay for the taxes ask them to speak to a supervisor as they are incorrect.

I have had to pay a deposit and then get it refunded, other have managed to used all deals and get away without paying a penny, they seem rather inconsistant!

nixieh
26th January 2008, 23:38
If they try and get you to pay for the taxes ask them to speak to a supervisor as they are incorrect.

I have had to pay a deposit and then get it refunded, other have managed to used all deals and get away without paying a penny, they seem rather inconsistant!

Yes you will be ?600 for your deposit. If you have enough deals to cover it, you will get that refunded. You should also be able to pay your taxes in deals. This is based on our experience, but as you say, it varies, and seems to depend on the individual tele-operator.

Thanks both of you for your quick replies, so you think I will only need to pay the deposit of ?600 and then when I send the deals in will I get a ?200 cash refund as I am only short ?400 for the holiday??

rainbow
27th January 2008, 09:59
Yes, that is what happened to us. We were only a little short of paying the full amount.

Flo
28th January 2008, 21:08
They didn't even make me pay the deposit I was ?80 short and put it on my debit card. Totally seems to depend on who you speak to.

nixieh
29th January 2008, 17:55
I spoke to a very nice lady yest at Virgin who seemed to think I would only have to pay the difference between the total holiday and the deals vouchers amount by card, rather than a full deposit (which is ?200 more) so hopefully she can arrange it all for me when the vouchers come through- or rather IF they come through (don't want to tempt fate!!);)