PDA

View Full Version : Grren King/ Old English Inns

trudie10
27th January 2008, 14:03
Does anyone know if you can still use vouchers at Old English Inns/Green King for meals only? I see that they are no longer listed under Eating out on the clubcard scheme but are still listed under the places to stay section.

I think that we last went to the Old Ferry Boat (Cambs) and used them in the beggining of Jan and they still excepted them? We had a lovely meal there and can also recommend the Old Bull In long Melton (both to eat and stay).

I'm sure that I saw a thread a while back saying that Green king were dropping out of the scheme but can't remember if it was for accomodation, food or both. Does anyone know?

Many Thanks
Trudie :confused:

moonriver
27th January 2008, 14:10
Does anyone know if you can still use vouchers at Old English Inns/Green King for meals only? I see that they are no longer listed under Eating out on the clubcard scheme but are still listed under the places to stay section.

I think that we last went to the Old Ferry Boat (Cambs) and used them in the beggining of Jan and they still excepted them? We had a lovely meal there and can also recommend the Old Bull In long Melton (both to eat and stay).

I'm sure that I saw a thread a while back saying that Green king were dropping out of the scheme but can't remember if it was for accomodation, food or both. Does anyone know?

Many Thanks
Trudie :confused:
I really hope not. I use them a lot as we have about 6 places locally that take these vouchers. Anybody know any Green King restaurants in the Baldock/Stevenage area that take deals that you can recommend?

fluffybunny
27th January 2008, 14:13
Green king left last year sometime but you can use tokens til 1st may 08

sorry peeps

i posted about it last october -

http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=14376&highlight=green+king&page=3

moonriver
27th January 2008, 14:18
you could still order other meals out vouchers and use them at Green King restaurants as long as you use them before May 2008- I'm gutted!! Thought it was too good to last. Will make the most of it before May 2008

trudie10
27th January 2008, 14:27
No, please don't telll me that - I thought that I had imagined it as I couldn't find anything about it on the clubcard website or on here!

I'm gutted, we've had some great meals there. I just ordered some Old English Inn accomodation vouchers thinking that I could use them in the bar/restaurant. Should I have ordered meal vouchers instead? They all look the same to me!

Will have to fit in as many meals as possible before May 2008 then!

Thanks for the info - I think!

Trudie :(

ayjayays
27th January 2008, 17:36
not sure if 1st may is correct,although this is what is printed on my form! might be misprint,i enquired about booking local greene king for meal next month and they say they are only taking tesco deals vouchers till 1st March-so check before you go

fluffybunny
27th January 2008, 23:44
Green king left last year sometime but you can use tokens til 1st may 08

sorry peeps

i posted about it last october -

http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=14376&highlight=green+king&page=3

not sure if 1st may is correct,although this is what is printed on my form! might be misprint,i enquired about booking local greene king for meal next month and they say they are only taking tesco deals vouchers till 1st March-so check before you go

my post in the link above was taken of the tesco clubcard deals page back in october so they were definitely quoting 1st of May back then.

ayjayays
27th January 2008, 23:49
I understand that ,and on my deals form with greene king vouchers it does state 1st may,on phoning greene king however they state it should read 1st March,so best to check ,i will use mine anyway before then

fluffybunny
27th January 2008, 23:50
I understand that ,and on my deals form with greene king vouchers it does state 1st may,on phoning greene king however they state it should read 1st March,so best to check ,i will use mine anyway before then

you lucky thing...

i havent got a deals form!

if you have , take it with you :)

ayjayays
28th January 2008, 00:16
am going to do that anyway to show greene king and find out if its a misprint