PDA

View Full Version : Coupons/legoland/disabled Children

fairystix
28th January 2008, 22:10
I would like to exchange and donate some some of my vouchers to a local disabled childrens unit to enable 6 children to visit legoland with their carers.
Anybody who's been is it suitable and would they enjoy it?
I obviously would have to convert these myself, would they have my name on them or could they be used by anyone?
Thanks.

tyroleandancer
28th January 2008, 22:12
I would like to exchange and donate some some of my vouchers to a local disabled childrens unit to enable 6 children to visit legoland with their carers.
Anybody who's been is it suitable and would they enjoy it?
I obviously would have to convert these myself, would they have my name on them or could they be used by anyone?
Thanks.

lovely gesture :)
I can't remember thre being a name on mine
You don't get priority access unless you have behavioural difficulties
disabled guest have to use the same queue as able bodied people but can take wheelchairs into the queue

clockwatcher
28th January 2008, 22:14
Sorry I can't answer your question, but what a lovely idea! Have a rep on behalf of the disabled kids.

littlemissnaughty
28th January 2008, 22:16
What a lovely person you are. Such a very kind gesture, if only their were more people like you in the world.:clap2::clap2:

mummytotwo
28th January 2008, 22:17
I am sure that you are aware that registered helper are allowed in for free.

Have given you a rep for such a lovely thought.

rainbow
28th January 2008, 22:21
I am not sure if it is still the case, but I know that Legoland Windsor used to provide free entry for the parent/guardian of child in receipt of DLA. You need to take your DLA paperwork along and they will sort out the ticketing. You can also get short-cut access to the front of the queue for the child and parent/guardian.

fairystix
28th January 2008, 22:22
I am sure that you are aware that registered helper are allowed in for free.

Have given you a rep for such a lovely thought.

I thought they perhaps were, so thats great...a local taxi firm has offered its services for free too!:)

tyroleandancer
28th January 2008, 22:25
I am not sure if it is still the case, but I know that Legoland Windsor used to provide free entry for the parent/guardian of child in receipt of DLA. You need to take your DLA paperwork along and they will sort out the ticketing. You can also get short-cut access to the front of the queue for the child and parent/guardian.

Legond don't give priority access to disabled guests only people with behavioural problems as they find it difficult to wait in a queue.
They do however allow a carer in free:)

rainbow
28th January 2008, 22:28
Thanks TD. I have never been there, but I got the info from a mailing at work. (I work with disabled children). It must be wrong then sorry. Could still be worth asking though I suppose. :)

tyroleandancer
28th January 2008, 22:38
I think they are the only theme park that don't give priority Rainbow
I would def ask though especially as there are a few disabled children going together :)
I only know as we were there earlier in the year and one of our party was disabled

siennahue
28th January 2008, 23:13
Our DD3 absolutly loves legoland!! so - only to answer 'would they enjoy it?' oh yessssssssssssss and how lovely of you to help them with this :)

Sienna

missstroppy
29th January 2008, 10:33
My brother is in a wheelchair...and he loves Legoland!

Such a lovely thing to do.

Have repped you too for being such a star! :star-smiley: