6th February 2008, 10:55
brilliant can warners follow suite

kay122
6th February 2008, 10:56
great stuff
kay122

salsa
6th February 2008, 11:12
Yeeee haaaa. I much much much prefer Pontins to Butlins & Haven, a little bit smaller, more personal (feel Butlins is too big) and the PGL activities are great.

And it just so happens that I have already booked a holiday for July- guess Mr T will be paying for it now !!!!!!!!!!!!:D

happy Days

Ladyshopper
11th February 2008, 12:40
Hate Pontins with a vengence, however this may interest someone!

Ladyshopper
11th February 2008, 12:59
Sorry Suzy Woo, didn't realise this had been posted already! Did a search on the virgin active before I posted, but not this. That'll teach me!

SuzyWoo
11th February 2008, 13:03
No problem LS!

Have been past the onw and Prestatyn and thought it looked like a prison camp, but I'm sure someone will say it's great there!

Ladyshopper
11th February 2008, 13:05
Went to Blackpool one in October half term to see the lights. As a bed for the night it was just about bearable. The food was disgusting, and the fact they lost my kids on the activities didn't inspire me with confidence!

As a base to do all the stuff in Blackpool though, great, just don't spend any time on site!

maleficent_mum
13th February 2008, 21:51
DS 13 went last year with a friend and his dad and had a fantastic time, a real activity holiday the boys thoroughly enjoyed it, somewhere in North Wales I think the park was. :)

nettie_b
13th February 2008, 22:09
well its good news for me the kids love Pontins. We usually go Prestatyn, admittedly does look like prison like but it's very clean and very safe. Have took the kids since they were in buggies - now they do the leap of fear and abseiling. Dont like Southport Pontins though.

The downside is i always get that very uncomfortable couch :rolleyes: the wine helps.

Jayne070
13th February 2008, 22:12
Pontins is a fantastic cheap holiday. Take it for what it is. I use it as a cheap getaway in the half term. We are going in February as we have done for the last five years and we cant wait ......

There is excellent professional free entertainment in the evenings and lots of the childrens activities in the day are included.

Ladyshopper
13th February 2008, 22:16
I think I just had a very unfortunate experience with them losing my kids and causing me major panic for around half an hour til they were found on site.

The activities did look really good, I just wouldn't let the kids do them after the experience on the first day.

Can't comment on entertainment either, as literally used it as a base and was out looking at the lights and doing other stuff every night.

Pool was good though, kids liked that.

SuzyWoo
14th February 2008, 11:26
It just goes to show you shouldn't judge by appearances!

salsa
15th February 2008, 14:20
I have just got off the phone to Pontins and they have given me a quote for exactly the same holiday that I have already booked and early discounts apply.
So I am cancelling my original holiday losing ?20 deposit and paying for new holiday totally with tesco deals !! If anyones interested ?576 school hols including 18 PGL activities & family insurance.

Good on Pontins, Butlins & Haven dont let you have any discounts when paying with tesco deals.