PDA

View Full Version : Photo shoot deal - new - any good?

johncoote69
7th February 2008, 12:04
I called about it today - it costs ?280 in real money for 5 pics and 5 pics on cd - professionaly done - i rang the firm as their website looks cheaper - but these seems to e confusion - ie they don't know much about the CC deal.
Has anybody ordered it yet?
You apparently DON't get any make-up or hair set up for the CC deal?
It may be worrth further investigation - a normal pro a4 shot csts about ?50 to be done...... so on face value not a bad deal.
Your comments would be appreciated as thinking of buying it for my gf.

There is a huge waiting list though - MAY for a weekend "shoot":confused:

jenni
7th February 2008, 12:08
Just a suggestion - but through my job I use a lot of professional photographers. They charge about ?80-100 per hour and will give you all the shots they take on CD (and I can recommend a great one in the Midlands) rather than paying a bomb for a few pictures. Then you could pay for hair and makeup at a local salon before she goes.
The photo studios I have come across are a rip off really - they may not charge much for a sitting fee - but some have been know to charge up to ?800 for a print.

shopsomemore
7th February 2008, 13:30
I booked through last min.com for the new i.d. Managed to get myself and a friend the full works - hair, make up etc etc and a photo each for under ?20 as it was bogof. And bought the men one without a hair cut but a style oh and they had their make up done - lol - for less than the 20. think it was ?14 bogof. Again with a free photo each. So perhaps worth shopping around!!

Hummer
7th February 2008, 13:42
I booked through last min.com for the new i.d. Managed to get myself and a friend the full works - hair, make up etc etc and a photo each for under ?20 as it was bogof. And bought the men one without a hair cut but a style oh and they had their make up done - lol - for less than the 20. think it was ?14 bogof. Again with a free photo each. So perhaps worth shopping around!!

Thats without images on cd and printed?
The Tesco deal is good because it comes with the prints and printable cd?

shopsomemore
7th February 2008, 13:43
Oh yes sorry that was just the photo. They did give you the option of buying them on disc but can't remember how much it was.

Hummer
7th February 2008, 13:45
Oh yes sorry that was just the photo. They did give you the option of buying them on disc but can't remember how much it was.

Oh did the package come with 1 photo? or just the photo shoot?

shopsomemore
7th February 2008, 13:50
It was the hair cut ,make up,nails,bucks fizz photo shoot and one free photo each.

shopsomemore
7th February 2008, 13:58
Not sure if this link works but this one. It is not on bogof nor special offer at the moment.
http://www.lastminute.com/lmn/pso/catalog/Product.jhtml?POSITION=1&PRODID=448215951&CATID=99141

They do have other photo ones on the site too.

Hummer
7th February 2008, 14:07
It was the hair cut ,make up,nails,bucks fizz photo shoot and one free photo each.

Then its a very good deal, they expect the shots to be so good you buy more? Did you just take the included shot or did you splash on on more?

rach109
7th February 2008, 17:06

oooh that sounds fab :D

rach109
7th February 2008, 17:10
Not sure if this link works but this one. It is not on bogof nor special offer at the moment.
http://www.lastminute.com/lmn/pso/catalog/Product.jhtml?POSITION=1&PRODID=448215951&CATID=99141

They do have other photo ones on the site too.

oooooh theres one in Cardiff !! ?39 ?! bargain !

i pay more than that for a cut / blowdry / straighten lol

Khufu
7th February 2008, 17:49
They will keep you waiting around for HOURS and HOURS - 8 hours first time we went 7 1/2 hours the second time (free VIP!!!) treatment for having to wait so long the first time.

Khufu
7th February 2008, 17:50
BTW pics were good and you could prepay so you got twice as much for your money - I did the last minute BOGOF deal too so it was cheap but pics were ?60 each after that

Poppyfields
7th February 2008, 18:10
I took my daughter and 5 friends for her 18th to the one in cardiff (BOGOF via Last minute) they had a brilliant time free bucks fizz all afternoon and some brilliant pics to remember the day by.... the extra photos were expensive but worth it!!! definately worth buying some pics up front as half the price

rach109
7th February 2008, 18:31
I took my daughter and 5 friends for her 18th to the one in cardiff (BOGOF via Last minute) they had a brilliant time free bucks fizz all afternoon and some brilliant pics to remember the day by.... the extra photos were expensive but worth it!!! definately worth buying some pics up front as half the price

thats me sold ! lol :D

would be a good laugh, with some friends :)

it does say to allow 5 hours on the site,not too bad if they keep plying you with drink :laugh:

lizzie18
7th February 2008, 22:18
Just looking inro these and was wondering if anyone has used these yet ? x

pumpkin
7th February 2008, 22:24
theres a thread here

http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=26634&highlight=photo+shoot

I'll merge yours with that one :)

lizzie18
7th February 2008, 22:42
Oh i think im going to wait till its on bogof and take my little sister for her birthday ! lets all watch out for the offer again x

the_kid
7th February 2008, 23:29
Debenhams usually sells these ID packages at Christmas on BOGOF...I did look into it as I wanted pics done of my two daughters, now they have their braces off, but after a long conversation with the rep, I didn't buy at the time, as despite my constant questioning, he was very vague and I couldn't pinpoint him down on how much the pics would actually cost - even though the ID branch is virtually next door to the Debenhams and he actually worked there! The end results do look fab though.

I did call the branch and was informed of the prices, and at a few hundreds pounds for not many pics, I decided against it. Even if the cheapest package does come with one free pic, you can be sure that there will be more than one you want (especially if they are of your kids).

Also worth remembering that with a lot of these photographic studios, if you don't buy the disc with the pics on it, you cannot get the pics copied, they usually have "not be copied" or something similar on the back, so no photo processing place will copy it for you.

cdhj
8th February 2008, 18:24
Bit naughty, but we have copied all professional photos of our kids so relatives can have copies by scanning them and uploading them to an online processing place. these are often done by computer and therefore prints have just come back no questions asked. Have done school photos and ones from professional places.

rach109
9th February 2008, 11:24
Oh i think im going to wait till its on bogof and take my little sister for her birthday ! lets all watch out for the offer again x

OT but are you on netmums ???
recognise the ages / details of your children on your swaps page :)

lizzie18
9th February 2008, 12:00
Am registered on net mums but not really a poster - use bounty a lot though . x

rach109
9th February 2008, 21:59
Am registered on net mums but not really a poster - use bounty a lot though . x

does your username begin with a C ?

:)

lizzie18
9th February 2008, 23:23
No , it doesnt.x

Hummer
9th February 2008, 23:28
If your booking through lastmin.com dont forget to go through tesco travel to get your few clubcard points

da1em
21st February 2008, 15:33
Has anyone done this with deals yet please? Thinking of getting it for me and OH, but not if it's one of those 'you're not leaving until you buy at least 4 photos at ?40 each' jobs.

Link here: http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=582&bci=29|New%20Clubcard%20Deals

cheers, da1e

shopsomemore
21st February 2008, 16:19
I am not too good at posting links but there has been a thread on this. pop it in the search and it should be found. hth.

pumpkin
21st February 2008, 16:21
merged with previous thread, hope that helps :)

lizzie18
21st May 2008, 10:36
Anyone been yet ? hink im going to use some deals for this For thos who have had family pics done what ages were your children at the time ? not sure if to wait till my younges is a bit older - my son will be 3 tommorow and my daugher is 8 month s x

Jude1234
15th September 2008, 12:53
Hi I am interested in doing this with my two Ds's and OH. Has anyone done it yet. Sounds OK price wise as you get a CD so coudl print lots off for Xmas prezzies:D Any experience good or bad let me know.

TIA

muddles
15th September 2008, 13:02
I did this through Quidco and Buy a Gift .com - link below

http://www.buyagift.co.uk/Product/Id/685/Name/Classic_Makeover_Experience_EC

it was a great day's craic for 4 of us - Yes you get one photo free and are encouraged to buy more, I think I paid ?30.00 for an extra A4 size photo - but really enjoyed the day :clap2:
HTH Cheers :)

Sorry just to add it was with New ID Studios in London :)