PDA

View Full Version : Madam Tussards

polokingkeith
14th February 2007, 13:58
Hi, Has anyone bought a Tussards annual pass using deals and used it to get into Port Aventura in Spain? We are thinking of buying the passes for ourselves and our 3 kids before we go to Spain this May and hope to use them again to get into Alton Towers & Warwick Castle during the school summer hols. Just wanted to know if it is worth getting the annual pass through deals and if there were any probs getting into Port Aventura? Thanks for any help:)

SuzyWoo
14th February 2007, 16:05
Haven't used it at Port Aventura, but have had them in the past in the UK and they are great, miss all the queues for tickets!

Ethansnan
14th February 2007, 17:35
I would be very interested to know if they will work at Port Adventura as we are going there in September. Shall watch this tread with interest.

suzanneg
14th February 2007, 19:27
Yes, I saw that it nows says they can be used at Port Aventura but doesn't give any more info. Would be interesting to know as PA multi-day tickets are quite expensive!
We have the Tussauds passes every year and they are invaluable entertainment - if you go to one of the parks and it starts raining you just go home!! If it's a really busy day you just go home!! Of course it helps that we live quite near both Thorpe & Chessington!

bluep
15th February 2007, 13:27
Out of interest, does anyone know if the annual pass covers the waterpark bit at alton towers or is it just the amusement park?

princess_poppet
15th February 2007, 13:32
Yes, I saw that it nows says they can be used at Port Aventura but doesn't give any more info. Would be interesting to know as PA multi-day tickets are quite expensive!
We have the Tussauds passes every year and they are invaluable entertainment - if you go to one of the parks and it starts raining you just go home!! If it's a really busy day you just go home!! Of course it helps that we live quite near both Thorpe & Chessington!

i think i am going to invest in the annual Tussrad paases this yr too for me and the kids. They look really good value for money.

SuzyWoo
15th February 2007, 13:34
Out of interest, does anyone know if the annual pass covers the waterpark bit at alton towers or is it just the amusement park?

It used to, but now I think you get half-price entry to the waterpark (was ?12 last year I think).

sjnolloth
15th February 2007, 16:27
you can telephone fort aventura,they will help you with anything,they speak very good english.I have phoned them twice about opening times and the like.
The waterpark next door is worth a look if your in the area also.
Downside is you have to pay to park your car,and the queues for tickets is enormous,especially on hot days-there is no shade.So using the pass would be a godsend.
sjn

suzanneg
16th February 2007, 09:41

We went last year, with our annual passes water park entry was a third off, ?8 each instead of ?12 each - really expensive I thought but the kids were entertained all day from 11ish till 5ish so not too bad. We combined with 2 cheap nights in a nearby Travelodge, 2 days at Alton Towers theme park, one day at the water park. Fantastic fun, cheap, doing it again this year!!
What was FAR worse in the water park was you are not supposed to take in your own refreshments only buy from them and the prices were EXTORTIONATE!! I had packed a food bag and we just ate from it discreetly thoughout the day and no-one noticed (or if they did they didn't say anything!). :D

polokingkeith
24th February 2007, 19:44
I want to buy 5 annual Tussards passes with deals and it works out cheaper to buy one family one for 4 people plus a single one but on the tesco site it will only let me order single ones at ?89 each pass, I would save ?65 if I could get the family one plus one extra, does anyone know if there is a way round this, will they let me order the family one plus one? Thanks:confused:

janedoe
25th February 2007, 17:37
I think the annual passes on Tesco deals for the individual one only, just has a quick look and can't see anything for the family pass. Hopefully someone might know.

SuzyWoo
25th February 2007, 17:40
Individual passes only I'm afraid.

bluep
30th June 2007, 11:26
We got two of these last week and can I just say - what a bargain! Couldn't be more happy as our daughter is young enough to be free and it was teh first stress free day I've spent at Alton Towers...will it rain? oh well if it does we'll go and come back another day....will she cry or get tired? if she does, we'll go home! Do we need to rush aroudn queuing? nah...we'll come back again another day!

Then again, we do only live 10 miles away! PLanning a trip to London for teh eye and chessington next month!

Question though: I am thinking of spending our remaining vouchers on an annual pass for my stepson when he comes up next month for a visit. I've got 18.50 of vouchers in my name and 2.00 of vouchers in my husband's old clubcard and 3.50 of vouchers in his new clubcard (we did ask them to merge the two but they haven't). We have the same surname, just differnt initials - will they let us combine all the vouchers to get one more annual pass? I don't want to wait until the next statement as my stepson will be visiting before then.

f1girly
30th June 2007, 15:45
I'd give it a go, the worst they'll do is send them back. I got Alton Towers tickets using a mixture of mine and my brothers (diff surname) vouchers last year with no prob.

suzanneg
30th June 2007, 16:43
If yours and your husbands surname and address are the same there shouldn't be a problem - I do this all the time and I've never had a problem yet!! :D
And I agree the Tussaud passes are fab! We are 30 mins from Chessington 40 from Thorpe and go regularly! Tip - as your daughter and step son get older book a travelodge (only ?15) and stay over to make the most of the parks!! :)

JWM
8th February 2008, 12:52
We are thinking of going to Madam Tussards next w/e.

I have some restaurent deals tokens - am I right in thinking that it will be OK to use these or does it have to be Tussards specific?

Thanks in advance.

JWM
9th February 2008, 15:54
Please anyone??

Beej
9th February 2008, 15:56
JWM, if they are S Codes deals, and Tussards are not a 'pay in full' deal you should be able to use them ok. I think on the letter you get with your deals it says this.

glo
9th February 2008, 19:58
I ordered mine, it does say Madame Tussauds one day entry token, so i guess you can?t use the restaurant ones.

ayjayays
10th February 2008, 00:37
any good eating places for families visiting tussauds london that take the meals/days out vouchers please or macdonalds etc nearby

JWM
10th February 2008, 10:06
Thanks, I hvae found a 2-4-1 deal (will post link later) so think I will use that instead.