PDA

View Full Version : New deals, Novotel.

mutley muppet
8th February 2008, 15:46
I've just had a look on the tesco deals website and they now have Novotel hotels listed under new deals.

When I click on it I just get an error?

Can anyone else see anything more??

I hope it includes Novotels abroad as i have my eye on the Novotel in Sharm! :D

markat
8th February 2008, 16:01
Pontins showed error at first when it launched the other day.

SuzyWoo
8th February 2008, 16:05
I can see Mecure hotels but not Novotel - they probably havent updated the list fully yet! Mecure are under weekend breaks. I think all the new deals start on the 11th Feb.

mutley muppet
8th February 2008, 16:07
Thanks Markat & Suzy. :)

Guess I'll just have to be patient and wait 3 whole days!:shocked: and then I'll know if I can do this: :plane:

MM. x

SuzyWoo
8th February 2008, 16:09
Mecure appear to be allowing international bookings (Fri-Sun nights) so here's hoping Novoted will do the same! The are both part of the Accor group - we may get Ibis as well, you never know!

mutley muppet
8th February 2008, 16:21
Mecure appear to be allowing international bookings (Fri-Sun nights) so here's hoping Novoted will do the same! The are both part of the Accor group - we may get Ibis as well, you never know!

So Mecure is just weekends eh? Thats a shame.
Lets hope Novotel isn't just weekends. I fancy 10 days in the sun. :)

markat
8th February 2008, 16:35
Novotel and Ibis would be great additions - just need a cheapy package holiday back (anyone from XL reading this !!)

black cat
8th February 2008, 18:11
This thread has just really made my day..... We are wanting to use our BA miles and 2for1 voucher for a weekend in Berlin and this might just make it do-able.

Anyone going to try and second guess the prices and how it is going to work out for the vouchers. I have just looked at one of the Mercure hotels in Berlin and for three nights (Fri - Sun) they are showing three prices, ?285, ?345 and ?390. I know it says that the price on the website is not the one for clubcard bookings but do you think the most expensive rate might be along the lines of the Tescos rate? so about ?100 worth of deals??

black cat
8th February 2008, 18:23
I can not get onto the Novetel website to see what the prices are on there (when I do a search on Berlin I get an error message) but I THINK one of the hotels we were looking at was a Novotel. I know for sure Ibiz coming on board would really really make my day as that was one we were looking at for sure.

Gizmos
8th February 2008, 18:33

ooh if they are part of Accor then so is Sofitel and there is a Sofitel at Gatwick airport right in the terminal building (North terminal)

baconbap
8th February 2008, 21:32
This thread has just really made my day..... We are wanting to use our BA miles and 2for1 voucher for a weekend in Berlin and this might just make it do-able.

Anyone going to try and second guess the prices and how it is going to work out for the vouchers. I have just looked at one of the Mercure hotels in Berlin and for three nights (Fri - Sun) they are showing three prices, ?285, ?345 and ?390. I know it says that the price on the website is not the one for clubcard bookings but do you think the most expensive rate might be along the lines of the Tescos rate? so about ?100 worth of deals??

You can great deals on ebay for German hotels. It's a bit complicated cos you have to check with the hotel if the dates you want are available beforehand, and hope they still are if you win on ebay. We've done 2 holidays this way in Germany and the accomodation was so cheap. And my german stood up ok as they were expecting us at all the hotels. Also it's best if you can pay by paypal or direct with the hotel over the phone.

black cat
9th February 2008, 11:05
You can great deals on ebay for German hotels. It's a bit complicated cos you have to check with the hotel if the dates you want are available beforehand, and hope they still are if you win on ebay. We've done 2 holidays this way in Germany and the accomodation was so cheap. And my german stood up ok as they were expecting us at all the hotels. Also it's best if you can pay by paypal or direct with the hotel over the phone.

Looked into that option but to be honest don't want to run the risk of the hotel not being available the weekend we want to go or as you say there being a problem with the booking when you turn up (neither of us speak more german than "two beers please"). We are not that flexable with dates as we are trying to get to a few football games when we are there so there are only a few weekend that are possable

Raffles
9th February 2008, 13:48
black cat - Berlin hotels are generally dirt cheap at weekends. It is the 2nd cheapest city in Europe (after Lisbon) for five-star hotels. May be worth a splurge for something better than a Mercure, and the rates you quoted seem a little high (albeit if you have no other great use for your Deals vouchers then its obviously a good deal).

Tabby
9th February 2008, 16:41
I picked up the new Deals booklet in store today. For all the hotels listed it says Weekend Breaks Friday to Sunday inclusive minimum stay two nights. For mercure and Novotel it specifies Hotels in the UK. :(

SuzyWoo
9th February 2008, 16:46
I picked up the new Deals booklet in store today. For all the hotels listed it says Weekend Breaks Friday to Sunday inclusive minimum stay two nights. For mercure and Novotel it specifies Hotels in the UK. :( Nooooooooooooooooooooo:(

mutley muppet
9th February 2008, 16:56
I picked up the new Deals booklet in store today. For all the hotels listed it says Weekend Breaks Friday to Sunday inclusive minimum stay two nights. For mercure and Novotel it specifies Hotels in the UK. :(

Boo! How dissapointing! :(

black cat
11th February 2008, 11:52
They have updated the bit on the website now and it does look like Novotel are uk only :mad: :mad: :mad: :-

About this Deal

Modernity, innovation, inviting, fluidity and services, Novotel hotels are designed for natural living.Novotel have undergone a dramatic transformation in recent years with the evolution of a ?New Generation? of hotels - marrying style and modern design in public areas, bedrooms and hotel facilities.

Elements offers 24-hour dining with an emphasis on choice for our guests. The stylish Elements restaurant and bars offer the full range of meals, from breakfast to dinner.With 30 Novotels in the UK?s best locations, you have a wide range of cities to choose from for your weekend away. Relax under your cosy duvet in our spacious ?Novation? bedrooms, designed to create the perfect setting for your break. Enjoy breakfast until noon and check out at 5pm - so there?s no rush. Just more time to explore the sights and sounds around you. Up to two kids under the age of 16 stay free in their parents? room.

Things to remember...

? Minimum stay 2 nights, valid Friday to Sunday inclusive

? Based on 2 people sharing a double/twin room

? Tokens valid on specified rates only

? Room availability is limited and prices may vary depending on time of booking

? You must have ordered and received your Weekend Break Tokens before you book with Novotel Hotels. Once you've received your Weekend Break Tokens, you must book with Novotel Hotels at least 14 days before you wish to stay.

? Prices quoted on the Novotel Hotels website are not valid for use with Clubcard Deals Tokens.

? Weekend Break Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard Vouchers.

black cat
11th February 2008, 11:54
But they have not made it clear with the Mecure one... :confused: :confused:

* Token type: Mecure Hotels
* Category: Weekend Breaks / Mecure Hotels
* Suitable for: Families
* Product code: S5013

About this Deal

Mercure hotels offer their guests a wealth of diversity, with the reassurance of a major name. Now present in 49 countries with over 750 locations, Mercure hotels form a close knit network in each of the countries where they are established.

Comfort, quality service and hospitality are the foundations of Mercure's reputation. Built and decorated in harmony with their environment, Mercure hotels each possess their own personality, style and character, all imbued with the seamless service standards you expect of a major hotel brand.

The Mercure restaurants prominently feature the region?s cuisine. With recipes giving high-quality local products pride of place, the chefs' produce dishes to complement more traditional fare. To strengthen this local connection, since 1983 Mercure presents the Grands Vins Mercure wine list, which has become one of the brand's hallmarks. A rare treat allowing you to try fine wines at reasonable prices.

Things to remember...

? Minimum stay 2 nights, valid Friday to Sunday inclusive

? Based on 2 people sharing a double/twin room

? Tokens valid on specified rates only

? Room availability is limited and prices may vary depending on time of booking

? You must have ordered and received your Weekend Break Tokens before you book with Mercure Hotels. Once you've received your Weekend Break Tokens, you must book with Mercure Hotels at least 14 days before you wish to stay.

? Prices quoted on the Mercure Hotels website are not valid for use with Clubcard Deals Tokens.

? Weekend Break Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard Vouchers.

Mecure hotels operate in 49 countries with over 750 locations.

Hannah2
11th February 2008, 15:03
OK, Just emailed Tesco deals regarding this and they ignored the question about UK or abroad.

They gave me a contact number for Mercure and Novotel but the Novotel number was incorrect. So, I phoned the number from the Novotel website 08706090962 and spoke to a very nice chap who has booked me a weekend in London in March.

Cost ?93 a night per room (London city South) including breakfast.

This appears to be the "2 night getaway" price if you look on the web (however, i cant be sure this is always the case).

Can be cancelled up to 2pm on day of arrival

NO NEED TO SEND IN VOUCHERS BUT...... You have to tell him when booking how much of the total you are going to pay in vouchers when you arrive. So, no need to send off vouchers you can just order them ready to take with you.

After booking I asked him about UK/Abroad and unfortunately it is only UK included.

You also cant book online, you have to telephone to book.

Hope that helps some of the querries.

Didnt try the Mecure number to check if it was correct.

Also informed clubcard deals that the pdf file for Novotel came up with info on the black bull, or some such named hotel...... they have informed the IT department!

Hannah2 x