PDA

View Full Version : Les miserables

carolben
8th February 2008, 18:23
Just noticed Les Miserables and Stomp musicals are coming to deals. look under internet exclusives, coming soon.

Flo
9th February 2008, 08:24
Yes please, I have never seen Les Mis on stage and always go on about going. This would be fab, fab, fab! have a rep.

fairystix
9th February 2008, 08:44
Yes please, I have never seen Les Mis on stage and always go on about going. This would be fab, fab, fab! have a rep.

That and Blood brothers the best musicals EVER!!!!!!!!!:clap2:

davidgh
9th February 2008, 08:46
That Blood Brothers Miss Saigon & Phantom!!!!
Best of all Me & My Girl

kazstevens
9th February 2008, 08:56
Oh my goodness I just adore Les Miserables ... seen it three times :help: :D

my DD and I went to see Billy Elliott with Clubcard deals a few weeks ago, it was amazing and felt so good knowing the tickets only cost me ?8.75 in tesco coupons :clap2:

neilanderson11
9th February 2008, 09:07
Hi there, Do you think it will be Monday to Friday only? Is billy Elliot still on with the clubcard deals?
thanks

DebbieE
9th February 2008, 09:11
Stomp are amazing! Go & see if you can. I might have to go again.

I have to say though that the best musical is We Will Rock You - if that was on with deals I'd go every week!

boysmum
9th February 2008, 09:16
Hi there, Do you think it will be Monday to Friday only? Is billy Elliot still on with the clubcard deals?
thanks

No we went on a Saturday,

TLT65
9th February 2008, 09:41
fab news !! - havn't seen it...wish that Wicked was signed up too ?????:(

kazstevens
9th February 2008, 09:44
thanks

well. i saw billy elliott on a saturday afternnon . .. ;) and the billy offer isnt on now .... hth

lizzie18
9th February 2008, 21:04
what is Les Miserables about ? x

angelic
9th February 2008, 22:00
If the show you want isn't with Deals I can highly recommend this site www.lovetheatre.com/home
Check under Special Offers and Packages ;)

We have booked We Will Rock You (will think about you DebbieE :)) as a package - fourth row Stalls seats and a 3 course meal for ?45.50 each :clap2: I am so excited...:clap2:
Meal package is set menu at choice of Chez G, Bertorellis and Livebait so same as T's so might even work out cheaper than using Deals for certains shows maybe?

huntsu1
9th February 2008, 23:23
Stomp are amazing! Go & see if you can. I might have to go again.

I have to say though that the best musical is We Will Rock You - if that was on with deals I'd go every week!

Not sure if you are aware that you can ring ticketmaster and quote the DVD offer (found in various Queen dvd's) and tickets cost just ?20 each. also keep a look out as Queen (and Paul Rogers) will be releasing a new album towards the end of the year and are planning a tour! :clap2:

kazstevens
10th February 2008, 09:11
what is Les Miserables about ? x

Les Mis?rables colloquially known as Les Mis, is a musical composed in 1980 by French composer Claude-Michel Sch?nberg on a libretto by Alain Boublil. Through-sung, it is perhaps the most famous of all French musicals and one of the most performed musicals worldwide. On October 8, 2006, the show celebrated its 21st anniversary and became the longest-running West End musical in history and is still running (though it has changed venues).[1] The musical is based on the novel Les Mis?rables by Victor Hugo. Its Tony award-winning score includes the songs "I Dreamed a Dream," "Do You Hear the People Sing?", "One Day More," "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables," "A Little Fall of Rain," "Master of the House", and "On My Own."

Les Mis?rables tells the stories of multiple characters, including: a paroled convict named Jean Valjean who, failing attempts to find work as an honest man with his yellow ticket of leave, breaks his parole and conceals his identity in order to live his life again; the police inspector Javert, who becomes obsessed with finding Valjean; Fantine, the single mother of Cosette, who is forced to become a prostitute to support her daughter; Marius, a French student who falls in love with Valjean's adopted daughter Cosette; ?ponine, the young daughter of the Th?nardiers who is hopelessly in love with Marius; the Th?nardiers, who own an inn and exploit their customers; and Enjolras and the other students, who are working toward freeing the oppressed lower class of France.

Have a look here ... http://www.lesmis.com/pages/about/story_1.htm

Flo
10th February 2008, 10:50
All I know is I watched as likkle girl (cartoon version) and have been hooked ever since. I have cried at any tv version I have watched since and would love to see the stage musical.

Does anyone know if you get any choice of seats at all or if you know what seat you have been allocated when you book with deals. I know its deals but ?13.75 X 4 is still a top price for a ticket - do you get decent seats for this?

Littlemissjojo
25th February 2008, 07:20
Booking lines for Les Mis open today at 9am.....:):)

Am going with my mum & stepdad, we've got a list of 6 dates to go for, so hopefully will get one of them!!!!!

So between taking DDs to school and going to work, will have to get on the phone at 9am & start dialing!!!!

Anyone else having a go?

davidgh
25th February 2008, 07:28
Offer for Les Mis opens today - be quick to book and note only for perfomances April to 23 May
?13.75 deals for a ?55 seat

princessa
25th February 2008, 07:39
Oh we're going to London in two weeks so it doesn't look as though they'll be through in time. Gutted as I wanted to see a show but OH said we couldn't afford it. Have they taken the other shows down, I can only see Les Mis and Stomp on the section on the deals website?

Flo
25th February 2008, 07:39
Can't go go between these dates, boooo. Can you get a choice of seats with deals or do you just get wherever they allocate you.

Hannah2
25th February 2008, 09:29
YEAHHHHHHHH :clap2:

Just got a ticket for Les Mis for the Sat. matinee that i wanted. I am in London anyway and my friend doesnt want to go so she can go around a gallery or something and i will go to les mis :cheer2:

Love the show, been a few times but not for years. Really looking forward to it.

Was offered seat D6 in the stalls but i like to be on the end of an aisle even if that means a slightly worse view so asked and have been given D4.

Dont know if that is too close but for 13.75 in deals i am happy.

If you want to know what the seats you are offered are like, I had the seat plan from theatremonkey.com open. This shows seats in red that are not considered good value and green for those that are. They also have seat reviews and explanations as to why seats are not recommended. A very useful site.

Of course, my seat was red on the plan but only because it is a side view, which i was expecting with it being on the side!

Anyway, good luck to those calling to get seats!

H x

Littlemissjojo
25th February 2008, 14:50
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Very happy, got through about 9.45 this morning, got 3 tickets for Wed matinee in April, first choice that we wanted, in the stalls row D 12-14!!! Fantastic seats!! Am chuffed to bits!!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

mummyglass
25th February 2008, 17:01
Bookes ours for Stomp this morning. 3 for April Matinee for DDI, DS1 and Godaughter. And 2 for May on a Saturday night - Me and OH. Can't wait! All good seats.

Hannah2
27th February 2008, 23:30
Anybody received their deals vouchers yet???

I am a bit worried as i ordered my voucher within 5 min of booking the theatre seat but i havent received them yet.

Problem is that they say they only hold the tickets for 5 days which would be until Saturday.

I dont get home until after the last postal collection so if they havent arrived tomorrow then i wont be able to get them in the post on Friday in order to get there on Saturday. Does that make sense?

Hope we are not penalised either for them taking their time to release/send out the deals or for the post office for messing up.

I want to see Les Mis :(

Littlemissjojo
23rd April 2008, 07:20
Todays the day!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Off to London today for Les Mis matinee! Really looking forward to it. Going for a meal afterwards as well. Lovely day out!!! :D:D:D

Hannah2
23rd April 2008, 08:34
Ooooohhhhh, You will have a lovely time!!!

I went on Saturday to the matinee, with my Tesco ticket (yes I went on my own sad thing that i am !!!! My friend didnt want to go :()

It was amazing, I was in row D and had a superb view, had to look up to the stage but it was fine.

I bawled my eyes out :o

Just had to download the soundtrack album when I got back and havent listened to anything else since!

Amazing.

Thank you Mr Tesco !

Littlemissjojo
23rd April 2008, 22:56
Wow!!

Had a totally super fantastic time. The show is amazing, have seen it before but wow, even better second time around! Great seats - we were in row D as well!

Hannah2
23rd April 2008, 23:04
Wow!!

Had a totally super fantastic time. The show is amazing, have seen it before but wow, even better second time around! Great seats - we were in row D as well!

Glad you had a good time, I am still going around singing (badly!) the soundtrack!

Want to go back and see it again now...... just need Mr T to repeat the offer :)