PDA

View Full Version : going to the O2 Tutankhamun exhibition..

bluwkd
8th February 2008, 22:53
Would be nice to book a hotel using deals if possible.. trouble is there are 3 of us going..

any suggestions on the best way to do it.. and where to stay that is convenient for the O2 arena?

Travelodge is tempting at ?49 a room at London Docklands.. but would be nice to go somewhere a bit nicer for once :)

GoatBoy
9th February 2008, 11:07
Would be nice to book a hotel using deals if possible.. trouble is there are 3 of us going..

any suggestions on the best way to do it.. and where to stay that is convenient for the O2 arena?

Travelodge is tempting at ?49 a room at London Docklands.. but would be nice to go somewhere a bit nicer for once :)

Hilton @ Tower Bridge was recommended to me & I think it's handy for the tube that runs to the O2. Canary Wharf Hilton is also nearby.

Couldn't get in TB or CW so booked into the Hilton Docklands

Raffles
9th February 2008, 11:26
Both of those are good choices for using deals

As is the Marriott West India Quay which is also at Canary Wharf, so only 1 tube stop. This is a very posh Marriott with a waterside setting.

For sheer convenience, there is a Holiday Inn Express in North Greenwich (Bugsbys Way is I think the address) which is a 10-15 min walk to the Dome. ?20 Pigsback cashback on all HIE bookings, remembers. There is a cinema and a few restaurants (and a B&Q!) very close as well.

The Hilton Docklands is OK but not in a great area - see my previous posting on this plus the tripadvisor reviews

bluwkd
9th February 2008, 13:18
thanks guys..

i'll have a look at those hotels.. :)

Edit -

We decided to book with the Holiday Inn Express at Greenwich, thanks for the mention of it Raffles, looks far better than the Travelodge and is in a better location, with the piggy points on offer it works out the same price too!

The others look lush but with there being 3 of us it didnt work with the deals.. all are based on 2 sharing :(