PDA

View Full Version : New York/Las Vegas with Virgin

traceya89
11th February 2008, 00:36
Has anyone booked for these with virgin and paid for with clubcard vouchers. I know that you are supposed to book for 7 days but I wondered if anyone had booked a 4/5 day break to New York or Vegas. I am sure could cope with 7 days in vegas but not sure about 7 days in New York and wondered if i could try and book a shorter trip?

any help/comments would be appreciated

Flo
11th February 2008, 00:57
Two centres aren't supposed to be allowed. I had no problems booking two hotel in orlando but it didn't involve a flight. Give them a ring and ask.

Raffles
11th February 2008, 09:43
You're looking at this the wrong way. Just because you've got a hotel booked in NY or Vegas doesn't mean you need to use it.

No sane person could spend 7 nights in Vegas. However, hire a car and its easy to drive up to Yosemite National Park for a couple of days, or down to Death Valley. OK, you're paying out of your own pocket for a motel or something for the nights you're away, but in the States the cost of a cheap place can be really cheap.

Similarly ... New York is very close to both Boston and Washington. Flights are cheap, and the train network is very good. If you're on a budget, there is always the coach. You could also go out into the Hudson Valley and have a couple of days in the country.

Or how about this? When we were in NY in September, we went out to the Hamptons, beach playground of the rich and famous. We stayed here:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/hotel/rihed?rpb=hotel&crUrl=/h/d/pc/1/en/hotelsearchresults

which, as you can see from the room photos, is 100x better than any Holiday Inn Express in the UK. Yes, you'll be leaving your NYC hotel room empty for a night or two but its no real loss.

huntsu1
11th February 2008, 10:50
[QUOTE=Raffles;454866]You're looking at this the wrong way. Just because you've got a hotel booked in NY or Vegas doesn't mean you need to use it.

No sane person could spend 7 nights in Vegas......

Oh yes they could!!!! had 5 days April 2007 and didnt see half the shows, attractions or hotels, now saving like made for 7 nights in April 2009 :clap2:

traceya89
11th February 2008, 11:58
7 nights in new york is running at ?1000 with virgin and i have to pay ?1000 for my 12 year old daughter. the idea of travelling further appeals to me but it would mean using up more of my holiday allowance at work which is what i dont want to do. i just wondered if you could try and book a shorter stay with virgin!

colman
11th February 2008, 12:01
we went to vegas for 5 nights and it was plenty for us, depends what you want to do, we spent a day going to all the hotels, a day at the waterpark, helicopter ride over grand canyon and hoover dam, so we felt that 5 nights was enough...love the idea raffles of going off somewhere else hadn't thouoght of that what a great idea...

maemaesmummy
11th February 2008, 12:27
We go to LV every year at least once and usually for between 2 and 3 weeks... we have been doing this since 1999...

(Of course Im not claiming to be sane....:p but we lurve LV)

We usually do some side trips from there.. Lake Tahoe (loooooong drive) Palm Springs, LA etc but there is just sooooo much to do in LV I think if I was there for 6 months I still wouldnt have seen it all...

We are off again this year with DD 3 and DS who will be 2... we have family that live there so I guess this prooves we are all mad as cheese...

Gavvy
11th February 2008, 12:47
Im juat back from 7 nights in Vegas, you need a wack of cash mind though I was lucky on the slots this time :D

Personaly I think 4-5 nights is best, 7 is pushing it a little.

Ladyshopper
11th February 2008, 13:00
How much did you win Gavvy?

Flo
11th February 2008, 14:21
Stay off the slots - go on the roulette instead, come on lucky 19!!

Gavvy
11th February 2008, 14:55
well I hit a few mini progressives on the slots, lost quite a bit on roulette.

Overall I am probably even, came back with what I went with so had all my meals etc paid with my gambling!

No bad.

Vegas is a mad mad place though, and its easy to spend a fortune there!

maemaesmummy
11th February 2008, 16:28
I have family that live in LV and the advice they were given when they first moved there was....

A) Never Gamble

B) Stay away from the all you can eat buffets

Gavvy
11th February 2008, 18:25
Agree to both of them!!

I asked a crouper how did he managed to live in Vegas, reply was, lots of disapline and lots of staying in at night!

Eccle
11th February 2008, 19:33
To make up the 7 days, why don't you go to somewhere else as well as LV or NY? As others have said, Boston, Washington and Philadelphia are all relatively close to NY, and from LV you could go to LA or San Francisco. There's nothing to say you can't do a multicentre, and we've booked a trip staying in 5 different places using Clubcard deals.