PDA

View Full Version : Chances of good availability after May mailing?

Sarah-Jane2
11th February 2008, 09:06
We want to book a holiday to the States in the Summer hols, (am a teacher so it has to be then) but won't have enough until the May mailing. We've made a short list of places (not Florida), what do you think our chances of availability will be like? We are relatively flexible within those 6 weeks. <clutchesatstraws>

Raffles
11th February 2008, 09:32
The recession and the credit crunch may work in your favour. BA is already reporting falls in long-haul Economy bookings, although Business Class loads are actually still getting stronger.

Ladyshopper
11th February 2008, 10:32
Depends when and where you want to go I guess? I know Florida has been popular, lots of dates sold out. I had to change my dates, as wanted to go when prices came down on 18th Aug, but all sold out till 21st, so kids will now be missing 1st couple of days back at school.

Sarah-Jane2
11th February 2008, 13:47
Hoping for east coast, possibly Boston/Cape Cod. It's so hard not getting excited, really don't want to feel let down!

Flo
11th February 2008, 14:19
Depends when and where you want to go I guess? I know Florida has been popular, lots of dates sold out. I had to change my dates, as wanted to go when prices came down on 18th Aug, but all sold out till 21st, so kids will now be missing 1st couple of days back at school.

Keep the kids off as long as you want, I wish more parents kept
their kids out of school (I'd only have half a class then);)