PDA

View Full Version : Haven rule changes in new deals book.

poogis
11th February 2008, 11:48
Another change to deals, no you can not use deals tokens to book holidays at the following parks:

Perran Sands
Riviere Sands
Burnham-on-Sea
Rockley Park
Far Grange

God knows what other changes are in this book, I only noticed Haven as we are thinking of booking.

Poogis

Irishsmurfy
11th February 2008, 11:51
Noooooooooooooo - Not Rockley Park!!!!

Its a fab site and probably the only one I would use as it's so central and so many good things going for it!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

It's getting to the stage where I'm afraid to think of what they will do next!!!

markat
11th February 2008, 11:57
That's a real shame - went to Rockley Park a few years back and would go again - lovely location and views. Will have to rip the appropriate pages out of the brochure !!

bigG
11th February 2008, 11:57
whens this from? may?

poogis
11th February 2008, 11:59
I am now thinking to book for May instead of August, just so I know I will get a holiday before they (or more parks) pull out of the scheme.

I'm not the sort of person who has loads of points, but I do have enough for half term week, but that's not as long to save for spending money, dog kennels etc. ohh what to do?

Poogis

Irishsmurfy
11th February 2008, 12:01
Why dog kennels Poogis?? With a lot of Haven sites you can bring your four legged friend.

poogis
11th February 2008, 12:01
whens this from? may?

It doesn't actually say. It's in the new deals book if you can get your hands on one.

poogis
11th February 2008, 12:03
Why dog kennels Poogis?? With a lot of Haven sites you can bring your four legged friend.

I know but our poor doggy gets car sick! Usually my Mum dog-sits, but she has my sister's dog permenantly now and she (the other dog) hates dogs and kids, so we have lost our dog sitter and baby sitter in one swoop.

Poogis

Our*holiday*fund
11th February 2008, 12:24
ok now im about ready to give up :mad:, as soon as my mailing came i was going to book one of 3 parks (no others) they were the top 3 on the op list :mad::mad::mad::mad:, i have ?350 worth of vouchers converted and already changed by deals once as they were originally xl vouchers that ran out on oct 31st when xl left.
delas wont change them again and they expire end april, they are actually virgin deals and i thought it would be ok to change them to virgin as ill have enough to book my virgin holiday when the mailing comes BUT i have to book oct/nov 09 and they dont go on sale till may :mad: I GIVE UP TESCO ARE DOIN MY HEAD IN

so any ideas on using ?350 worth of virgin deals, before the end april, working over easter, so no days out,no where local enough for meals, nearest nottingham dont want the hassle of that + have babysitter probs.

:help::help::help:

rach109
11th February 2008, 12:26
:mad: what else is going to change :(

poogis
11th February 2008, 12:26
Can you send them back and have them recredited to your account? I
did that with some Thorpe Park vouchers last year.

Poogis

GoatBoy
11th February 2008, 12:29
Ah nuts - not Perran Sands..........:mad:

I'm not on a wind-up here but I hope that Virgin pull out. As a committed environmentalist, I don't think long-haul holidays should be encouraged. Each to their own though...............

Our*holiday*fund
11th February 2008, 12:44
i have just checked clubcard site and there is no mention of the new change,i have the deals so going to ring in a few hours and try and book either perran sands or burnham on sea, will report back, because these deals have already been changed once they sent a letter saying i couldnt change them again, it didnt mention recrediting them, but with things like they are id rather just spend them asap before they change more things :(

poogis
11th February 2008, 12:53
I hope you are successful. they should really change the online info if it has all changed.

Let us know how you get on.

Poogis

Irishsmurfy
11th February 2008, 13:03
The changes are listed on the clubcard site!!! Really small writing though - if you click on Haven deals and look at the details - at the very bottom left hand side it states that deals cannot be used for those parks.

Wish you well though - possibly Haven might honour the coupons as you already have them exchanged. Good luck.

siennahue
11th February 2008, 13:19
So on the plus side we booked Burnham already and are going in easter, on the down side Haven is why I started collecting points in the first place. I would hate this to be the begining of the end with them.

Sienna

Our*holiday*fund
11th February 2008, 13:36
The changes are listed on the clubcard site!!! Really small writing though - if you click on Haven deals and look at the details - at the very bottom left hand side it states that deals cannot be used for those parks.

Wish you well though - possibly Haven might honour the coupons as you already have them exchanged. Good luck.

thx spotted it, hid very well, not with the usual conditions, almost like they tried to hide it :(, going to ring in about an hour, waiting for oh to get home, so he can look after dd while im on the phone, cant see them going for it though

siennahue
11th February 2008, 13:46
I just looked at the Tesco site and Lydstep is also excluded.

Sienna

Our*holiday*fund
11th February 2008, 14:13
I just looked at the Tesco site and Lydstep is also excluded.

Sienna

oh yes, guess these must be there popular sites then, that they dont need to fill with people who use deals :rolleyes: im gutted theyve included both cornwall parks, lets hope virgin dont decide they can fill there florida hols easily so dont need people with deals for those, weve seen haven and hotels decide to remove their most popular times/locations maybe more will follow

maleficent_mum
11th February 2008, 14:40
Now I'm really $%&*"@ off. I've just exchanged vouchers to ?1000.00 worth of deals to book Riviere Sands in August. I wonder if I ring today will they be upto spec on it do you think ?

maleficent_mum
11th February 2008, 14:53
No go - just rang them have my deals vouchers in hand, but staff have had an email through this morning to say no more Tesco bookings at the sites above. I did argue the point about this not being stated in the T's & C's online or in the bumph I have in front of me that came with the Vouchers, but no go although she was very apologetic.

Our*holiday*fund
11th February 2008, 14:57
No go - just rang them have my deals vouchers in hand, but staff have had an email through this morning to say no more Tesco bookings at the sites above. I did argue the point about this not being stated in the T's & C's online or in the bumph I have in front of me that came with the Vouchers, but no go although she was very apologetic.

oh no :mad: so much for giving notice, they obviously arent bothering anymore, stuff us :mad:

shopsomemore
11th February 2008, 15:03
Pointons are there - are they of any use??

Our*holiday*fund
11th February 2008, 15:12
Pointons are there - are they of any use??

i was planning to take our own caravan to either cornwall or burnham on sea for 1 week in the summer hols, my ?350 of deals would have very nearly covered it, our other option is book a week with cosmos, would mean not taking our older dd (we will go while shes on hols with her mum) but this will take ?1000 chunk out our florida budget, which we cant book till may when the prices are released, so more stress waiting for the may mailing to arive to top up what ill have already so i have enough

siennahue
11th February 2008, 15:15
Hi OHF, what about Doniford bay?

Edit - just checked Haven website and Doniford bay can't take caravans, other than that there's Devon cliffs, Seaview or Littlesea

Sienna

Our*holiday*fund
11th February 2008, 15:23
Hi OHF, what about Doniford bay?

doesnt do camping and caravanning unfotunatly, i suppose another option would be to have 1 of their vans, then doniford bay would be ok, but i really begrudge paying around ?800 for a haven van for a week in the summer hols, self catering + petrol, then more money if it rains etc.
when for a little more we could go to spain or similar without the oldest dd, who will be going abroad with us for 2 weeks in may and spending 2 weeks in the summer hols in cornwall on hols with her mum, so its not like she can complain, iyswim