PDA

View Full Version : How do I 'buy' someone else's CC vouchers?

LilacLillie
11th February 2008, 13:15
I'm sure its been asked before, but this is the first time I have thought about doing it myself.
How do I buy someone else's CC vouchers?
I have been saving for a holiday and have just a small amount of cash to pay for it.
My son's g/friend has received her statement today and vouchers for ?45.
She is going to use them on shopping :eek: and can't be bothered to sell them on ebay.
So am I right in thinking if she converts them into Deal tokens I can use them against my holiday?
We don't have the same surname, which I know they print on the CC voucher, but do they also print the name on the Deal paper voucher?
If I buy the converted cc v, can they refuse them against my holiday, hence leaving me with Deals I can't personally use?
I know some people buy them on ebay so guess there is a simple solution to this question .............................. what is it???
thanks in advance
LL

smitheim
11th February 2008, 13:24
If she has a different surname to you and all other people travelling on the holiday, then I am afraid that if you convert her cc vouchers to holiday deals then you might have trouble using them to book, however you could exchange them to days out or restaurant vouchers which are un-named :D I believe some people have successfully used these types of vouchers as part payment for hols, BUT may not work, especially with mr T clamping down. You could have a nice few meals and days out tho ;)

LilacLillie
11th February 2008, 13:26
Thank you for the quick reply.
LL

Grace & Favour
11th February 2008, 14:09
And can always use them for your dry cleaning, or car servicing too

LilacLillie
11th February 2008, 17:22
So does that mean that once converted to deals that the name is printed on the deal voucher?
I know that when I got some for restaurants the name wasn't printed anywhere.
I did send for some Leger ones once, but didn't use them after all and got them refunded back into points, but don't remember if my name was on them.
Almost sure that it wasn't.
Just looked at ebay and people are selling them in droves!
LL

suzanneg
11th February 2008, 17:43
Your name is on the holidays ones and hotels ones, Motorpoint & Goldsmith, I believe, the others are unnamed although it says in the new deals brochure I received today that ALL vouchers will be named and non-transferable from May!! :eek:

smitheim
11th February 2008, 18:21
So does that mean that once converted to deals that the name is printed on the deal voucher?
I know that when I got some for restaurants the name wasn't printed anywhere.
I did send for some Leger ones once, but didn't use them after all and got them refunded back into points, but don't remember if my name was on them.
Almost sure that it wasn't.
Just looked at ebay and people are selling them in droves!
LL

The name IS printed on Holiday ones, among others that Suzanneg lists, which is what I was trying to tell you in previous post - restaurant and days out ones have no name, which is why I thought it may be a better option to exchange for those ;)

smitheim
11th February 2008, 18:23
Your name is on the holidays ones and hotels ones, Motorpoint & Goldsmith, I believe, the others are unnamed although it says in the new deals brochure I received today that ALL vouchers will be named and non-transferable from May!! :eek:

:eek: just read this properly, that might mean an end to selling deals vouchers then, mind you I suppose for meals out etc, you could just top up with cash - I can't see staff asking for id

LilacLillie
11th February 2008, 20:54
Thanks again everyone for your replies.
LL

Fudge
12th February 2008, 12:04
I can't imagine that days out venues and restaurants are going to be too fussy about checking names, after all, a friend may have given them to you as a present

Hummer
12th February 2008, 12:07
I can't imagine that days out venues and restaurants are going to be too fussy about checking names, after all, a friend may have given them to you as a present

But a friend can't LOL they are non transferable and cannot be given as a gift.

I doubt there will be a problem with days out and meals