PDA

View Full Version : Anyone stayed @ Haven's Thorpe Park ?

maleficent_mum
11th February 2008, 20:50
Now that we can't book Riviere Sands in Cornwall, why didn't I just do it last week when I got the deals through :der:
I've spent most of the day scouring the brochure and I'm thinking Thorpe park looks quite impressive with not bad reviews, anyone know differently ?

Our*holiday*fund
11th February 2008, 21:04
Now that we can't book Riviere Sands in Cornwall, why didn't I just do it last week when I got the deals through :der:
I've spent most of the day scouring the brochure and I'm thinking Thorpe park looks quite impressive with not bad reviews, anyone know differently ?

snap on above post if you change riviere for perran :)

weve booked thorpe park for the weekend with the sun hols, was recommended to us by my dad, thinking about using deals for pleasure island, apparently right next door

Our*holiday*fund
11th February 2008, 21:05
dont think theres much else in the immediate area though, were just going for the weekend

maleficent_mum
11th February 2008, 21:58
Gutted over the Cornwall parks, we love Hayle and I was really looking forward to going back, I was dithering about over ?45, couldn't decide which caravan and if I upgraded to pay the ?45 or wait for next vouchers :doh:

Looks like there's a lot at Thorpe park for the kids, my 2 will be 14 and 9 then and I think they'll be impressed with the new water complex pening next season and that Pleasure Island place is right next door. Didn't realise they were in deals - thanks for the heads up, will go and check it out now. :)

Also noticed that Cadwell Park is reasonably close too and after a bit of checking I found that the Superbike championship is being held there during 1 of the weekends I'm looking at, so could get DH tickets for his birthday in July.

Only thing is I've decided now on 10 days so have got to wait for the next mailings.

Hope you get something sorted for your trip, we're going to try Devon Cliffs in March, not Tesco deals, got a good half price deal, I've been there about 5years ago, nice site, very big and hilly, but my sister and her family go there every year and really enjoy it. :)

Our*holiday*fund
11th February 2008, 22:04
i was dithering as well, wanted to wait to make sure all my mailings came through ok, so i was 100% sure on what i was doing, would have been nice to have some notice :(, didnt know cadwallwas close by, not been to british rounds though only wsbk, counting down the days now till the new season :D

ninja_ang
11th February 2008, 22:37
My dh went to Cadwell park for the british round for his stag do. Thats all he wanted to do, go with mates and camp over. Will be watching the gp this year though as I am a James Toseland supporter!
It's a real shame about the parks leaving Haven deals, we love it at Perran Sands, If you do still want to go to those parks have you all considered trying to book with the Sun ?9.50 holidays? We went there last year, it cost us ?38+ entertainment passes and electricity etc and then we paid ?40 and upgraded to a really fab caravan, you could then book at another Haven park with deals for another 3/4 days to extend the holiday!

maleficent_mum
11th February 2008, 23:16
Will be watching the gp this year though as I am a James Toseland supporter!

He's great isn't he ? I'm reading his autobiography at the moment.
OH watches both, he's always saying he'd love to go to the tracks to watch, so I think he'll be impressed :D

DH is nights so I'll see what he thinks but the boys like the look of Thorpe Park. Unfortunately we're limited on dates, so I'm not sure the Sun hols would work for us, DH has a week off at Spring break, but I'm working and then a 2 week shutdown in August, so that's when we'll have to go. Thanks for the suggestion though, could be useful if we want to grab a weekend away. :)

ninja_ang
11th February 2008, 23:21
My dh bought me a signed copy of his autobiography last year, haven't gotten round to reading it yet though! Have always thought he would do well from when I first saw him racing in British, he's also only the same age as me, so is doing really well!

Shame about the holiday dates, you could always try for the sun holidays and if you don't get those dates they send you the money back! Good luck anyway with whatever you chose!
xxxx

xxx

Our*holiday*fund
12th February 2008, 14:00
He's great isn't he ? I'm reading his autobiography at the moment.
OH watches both, he's always saying he'd love to go to the tracks to watch, so I think he'll be impressed :D

DH is nights so I'll see what he thinks but the boys like the look of Thorpe Park. Unfortunately we're limited on dates, so I'm not sure the Sun hols would work for us, DH has a week off at Spring break, but I'm working and then a 2 week shutdown in August, so that's when we'll have to go. Thanks for the suggestion though, could be useful if we want to grab a weekend away. :)

My dh bought me a signed copy of his autobiography last year, haven't gotten round to reading it yet though! Have always thought he would do well from when I first saw him racing in British, he's also only the same age as me, so is doing really well!

Shame about the holiday dates, you could always try for the sun holidays and if you don't get those dates they send you the money back! Good luck anyway with whatever you chose!
xxxx

xxx

this is the honest truth guys, saying that as you may not believe me, in 2005 or 2006 (cant remember), just after toseland had won the title, my OH went into our local tesco and without relising got in the queue behind JT and chris walker :eek:, he recognised walker straight away and had a quick chat then just as they finished talking he spotted the other guy was JT, it was only weeks after hed won the title and they were dirt biking nearby, walker only lives down the road from us so guess this is why :), we love walker but dont overly care for JT think hes too up himself, we are huge haga fans and would have loved him to win :)

ninja_ang
12th February 2008, 14:21
Ah, I probably would have fainted in a majorly girly way!!!!
My dh is a Chris Walker supporter, so we would have been well chuffed to see them!
I don't think that James id too up himself, if you listen to the way he talks after races, he is never bitter against people for beating him and is very sporting! Unlike Mr Neil Hodgson, now there is someone that is up himself!!!
xxxx

Our*holiday*fund
12th February 2008, 17:18
My dh is a Chris Walker supporter, so we would have been well chuffed to see them!
I don't think that James id too up himself, if you listen to the way he talks after races, he is never bitter against people for beating him and is very sporting! Unlike Mr Neil Hodgson, now there is someone that is up himself!!!
xxxx

completely agree with that, JT is getting better to be fair, but 3 seasons back he was annoyingly up himself, 2 seasons ago hed improved and last year i did think he had toned it down alot, but the damage had already been done for me, i do think he is a vey good rider now though, cant take that away from him :), but hodgson hes just hilliarius, laconi shoud have beat him

lucy1
12th February 2008, 17:27
I live near thorpe park you said about pleasure island place is this another park or somewhere to stay i have never heard of it

maleficent_mum
12th February 2008, 17:41
Hi lucy1
Pleasure Island is a Themepark, by all accounts it's right next door to the Thorpe Park resort.

maleficent_mum
12th February 2008, 17:47
DH thinks the park looks OK, isn't bothered about the racing though, because race day is on the Bank Holiday Monday and we'd have to be home that day, which means we'd lose 2 days off the hol as well - he doesn't want to go to the practice days :confused: Can't say I didn't try, he's a grumpy so and so when he's on nights.

It's a toss up between this one or Littlesea, it's upto me. So has anyone been to Littlesea ?

ninja_ang
12th February 2008, 17:49
Thorpe Park resort is in Cleethorpes. It is not anywhere near the the Thorpe Park theme park. I thought it was to start off with too!
xxxx

maleficent_mum
12th February 2008, 18:00

Me too !!!
Which would've been quite pathetic from a woman of my age.
I got DH the signed autobiography too, when he opened it I pointed out the sig. and said "You would not believe what I had to do, to get that", what did he say "You wish !!!"

Cyrano
13th February 2008, 18:53
Me too !!!
Which would've been quite pathetic from a woman of my age.
I got DH the signed autobiography too, when he opened it I pointed out the sig. and said "You would not believe what I had to do, to get that", what did he say "You wish !!!"

:lol

Hope you get something sorted out for your holiday booking :)

poogis
14th February 2008, 11:30
DH thinks the park looks OK, isn't bothered about the racing though, because race day is on the Bank Holiday Monday and we'd have to be home that day, which means we'd lose 2 days off the hol as well - he doesn't want to go to the practice days :confused: Can't say I didn't try, he's a grumpy so and so when he's on nights.

It's a toss up between this one or Littlesea, it's upto me. So has anyone been to Littlesea ?

I have not been to Littlesea, but do want to go. It gets good reviews and has won awards as the best holiday park. Also it in in Weymouth, which is lovely. We've been there a few times. They have the best sealife centre I have ever been to, which you can pay with deals ;) and loads to do for the kids. Boat trips etc.

If Haven stay in the deals book, and I manage to save loads of points it's Littlesea in August for us, but that depends on whether or not we get loads of 1000 pointers, or I can't afford it. :(

Hope you manage to sort something out soon, we are going to use our current vouchers for Allhallows for May half term, just in case Haven pull out of deals altogether.

Poogis