PDA

View Full Version : Posting Deals Tokens - how to send ??

POUNDSAVER
12th February 2008, 11:03
Yippee, have booked a family holiday with Cosmos and have used ?1200 of deals tokens (been saving for a while ... ) - anyway the guy on the phone said to send by recorded delivery, however the instructions with the clubcard deal tokens said to send by special delivery. How has everyone else sent their tokens - I am scared to death of them going missing now (we all know what the royal mail are like don't we). Any help appreciated thanks.

POUNDSAVER
12th February 2008, 11:05
whoops I posted this twice by mistake !

addictedtosaving
12th February 2008, 11:07
I would send it by Special Delivery. It is a bit more expensive but definitely worth it for peace of mind.

tiger
12th February 2008, 11:10
Yes, send by special delivery. I don't think recorded would give you enough compensation if they went missing. Ask at the Post Office how much cover you get for the basic fee. You can pay extra for more cover if needed. I can't remember now what it covers but I always use it for peace of mind.

pboae
12th February 2008, 11:19
Special Delivery with up to ?2,500 insurance will be ?5.85 for a 100g letter (or ?6.30 if it is up to 500g). You could save ?1 if you just went for ?1,000 cover. Recorded only covers you up to ?34, not worth the risk with large amount of Deals IMHO.

EDIT: but make sure you get the 'by 1pm' version, there is a 'by 9am' version which is more expensive, and there isn't always someone in the postroom at businesses if they call early.

maleficent_mum
12th February 2008, 11:37
I have always sent mine by special delivery and paid the bit extra for the added security of knowing they're fully covered. :)

sammybear
12th February 2008, 11:39
Always send them special del, at least then you can track on line that they have been delivered, and then you can relax ! :)

Flo
12th February 2008, 12:50
Yep send them special delivery this way they are insured and you can track delivery online.

carebabe
12th February 2008, 13:27
def send special delivery. did have some go missing once.

angelic
12th February 2008, 14:36
Recorded Delivery doesn't cover vouchers (jewellery, cash and other things) in the event of loss, only covered if sent by Special Delivery ;)

POUNDSAVER
14th February 2008, 16:29
Thanks for all the replies - I did send by special delivery - think it cost around ?5.80 and I've already checked on-line and my vouchers have arrived safely. Cheers again !