PDA

View Full Version : Virgin wouldn't accept my Tesco clubcard deals tokens!

ddmafrost
12th February 2008, 22:27
Will some kind soul please explain if I have been told the correct information by Tesco deals and Virgin holidays people.
I recently exchanged my vouchers for ?1,500 of clubcard deals tokens but didn't know at the time which holiday comapny we wanted to book with for definite so the clubcard rep told me that it didn't matter as the tokens can be used to book any holiday in the scheme. They sent me the tokens out as Cosmos and have a S6022 code on them which appears to relate to Cosmos holidays brochures. Anyway, we decided to book with Virgin and use the tokens with them instead but was told that they are specifically for Cosmos holidays only (S6022) and would have to get then exchanged (even talked to supervisor as there was only 4 seats left on particular flight.)
Does anyone know for sure what the rules are? I read the Tesco clubcard t's & c's but nothing is mentioned.
I will talk with Tesco tomorrow but thought someone here might know. The kids are really annoyed with me as this is to book a Florida holiday !

rainbow
12th February 2008, 22:30
Looks like they are tightening up everywhere. Bad news!

clockwatcher
12th February 2008, 22:31
That;s not what it says in the cosmos/clubcard info:

We hope you enjoy the Clubcard Deal you have chosen. However, if you would prefer to use your
Clubcard Deals Token(s) for an alternative Deal, these Tokens can be used as full or part payment for
any Deal which does not have the ?Buy in Full? logo next to it in the brochure, but cannot be used for
Avis car rental.

Hope you manage to get this sorted while the holiday you want is still available.

Maldives
12th February 2008, 22:32
Good Luck.... :hug:

Nice find Clocky..

ddmafrost
12th February 2008, 22:34
That;s not what it says in the cosmos/clubcard info:

We hope you enjoy the Clubcard Deal you have chosen. However, if you would prefer to use your
Clubcard Deals Token(s) for an alternative Deal, these Tokens can be used as full or part payment for
any Deal which does not have the ?Buy in Full? logo next to it in the brochure, but cannot be used for
Avis car rental.

Hope you manage to get this sorted while the holiday you want is still available.

Where did you read that?

Our*holiday*fund
12th February 2008, 22:35
im ready to stop reading each day brings another problem :( sorry op, keep us up to date when youve rang them, also might be worth getting whoever you speak to at deals to check with a superier as they will most likely just tell you you can use them because they arent up to date, wrong info from deals happened to someone before with xl deals when they were leaving :rolleyes:

baconbap
12th February 2008, 22:38
Where did you read that?

go to

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=158&bci=4294967180|S6022

and then click on the bit under additional info that downloads the pdf file.

pollyanna_11
12th February 2008, 22:42
Will some kind soul please explain if I have been told the correct information by Tesco deals and Virgin holidays people.
I recently exchanged my vouchers for ?1,500 of clubcard deals tokens but didn't know at the time which holiday comapny we wanted to book with for definite so the clubcard rep told me that it didn't matter as the tokens can be used to book any holiday in the scheme. They sent me the tokens out as Cosmos and have a S6022 code on them which appears to relate to Cosmos holidays brochures. Anyway, we decided to book with Virgin and use the tokens with them instead but was told that they are specifically for Cosmos holidays only (S6022) and would have to get then exchanged (even talked to supervisor as there was only 4 seats left on particular flight.)
Does anyone know for sure what the rules are? I read the Tesco clubcard t's & c's but nothing is mentioned.
I will talk with Tesco tomorrow but thought someone here might know. The kids are really annoyed with me as this is to book a Florida holiday !

Oh dear, I really feel for you. Can't give you any advice but I hope you get it sorted tomorrow. What a let down for you.

Flo
12th February 2008, 23:02
Mine were ordered for Cosmos but Virgin accepted them no problem.

SuzyWoo
13th February 2008, 08:08
I would contact deals and ask to talk to a manager. Someone had similar trouble with Virgin last year when they said they didn't do weddings with deals when they do - was is MissWetwipe?

Edit, no it was Khufu - info here, she got it sorted though! http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?t=21239&highlight=virgin+weddings

kingvault
13th February 2008, 08:36
I had some for Virgin which I converted a few months ago, they were due to expire in February. I used them to book through Cosmos. There didn't seem to be a problem at the time!! Hope you get it sorted.......

shopsomemore
13th February 2008, 08:56
Phone back to Virgin and see if you can speak to another bod. You may get a different answer.

ddmafrost
13th February 2008, 10:21
I spoke with clubcard deals this morning and they told me that the tokens I have can definately be used for Virgin as they are completely interchangeable for any deal in the scheme.
I called Virgin back on a different number and booked the holiday quoting the serial numbers (didn't mention the 'S' code this time) and they accepted them all just fine.
Holiday all booked and kids very :)

mmm
13th February 2008, 10:28
Thats great news, well done :)

Second Born
13th February 2008, 10:33
Fab news. Really pleased for you!

Our*holiday*fund
13th February 2008, 10:35
oh thats good, sae old story, you found an idiot the first time :rolleyes:

colman
13th February 2008, 10:55
thats great news glad you got it all sorted..

Flo
13th February 2008, 11:45
Well done, Virgin are so inconsitent. Have a fab holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gavvy
13th February 2008, 12:19
The reps on the phone havent a clue when it comes to deals!

Glad you got it sorted, have a good holiday!

jenchin
13th February 2008, 12:32
Brilliant news, well done.:)

GILMEL
13th February 2008, 18:34
Glad you got it sorted out :clap2:

M3chanical_animal
13th February 2008, 19:53
Great news :)

MISS MALTHOUSE
15th February 2008, 14:19
so glad you got it sorted, I too have some Cosmos vouchers but not sure if I will be using them against a holiday with Virgin.