PDA

View Full Version : Car Hire using Airmiles??

sarmia
14th February 2008, 20:37
Can I use airmile deals to pay for just car hire. Need 2 weeks and a 4x4 vehicle.

I want to book our holiday ideally by the end of this quarter (though need 40000 points so probably doubtful :()... anyway if I dont get car hire through Virgin I am more likely to be nearer the target, plus I can save the following quarters for the car hire.

What I am babbling on about is.... is there a minimum spend limit on airmiles and if so what and can I just book car hire? I have emailed them but no reply.

Thanks
Sarahx

sammybear
14th February 2008, 20:48
Can I use airmile deals to pay for just car hire. Need 2 weeks and a 4x4 vehicle.

I want to book our holiday ideally by the end of this quarter (though need 40000 points so probably doubtful :()... anyway if I dont get car hire through Virgin I am more likely to be nearer the target, plus I can save the following quarters for the car hire.

What I am babbling on about is.... is there a minimum spend limit on airmiles and if so what and can I just book car hire? I have emailed them but no reply.

Thanks
Sarahx

hi, yes you can book Car hire through Airmiles, its Avis they use, you will need to phone them for the price(same as Avis web or cheaper) every 1000 miles is approx ?65 discount, the contact numer is on the website www.airmiles.co.uk they are open 8-8pm. hth...

S

nixieh
14th February 2008, 22:37
if I dont get car hire through Virgin I am more likely to be nearer the target, plus I can save the following quarters for the car hire.

I may be wrong but I don't think you can use Deals for the car hire part of the holiday with Virgin.

sarmia
15th February 2008, 19:25
Thanks both - i'm not sure about using the clubcard vouchers with virgin as I didnt mention clubcard but the carhire worked out at about ?550 ish and with airmiles was ?437 for exactly the same. Just wasnt sure if there was a minimum spend required?

sammybear
15th February 2008, 22:55
Thanks both - i'm not sure about using the clubcard vouchers with virgin as I didnt mention clubcard but the carhire worked out at about ?550 ish and with airmiles was ?437 for exactly the same. Just wasnt sure if there was a minimum spend required?

no - there is no minimum spend with Airmiles sarmaia.
S