PDA

View Full Version : Please help - virgin want deposit in cash!

bootsaholic
15th February 2008, 12:47
I have just rang Virgin to confirm the price that I got from internet as wanted to exchange the correct amount of deals. The price came out the same but the lady said I would need to pay the deposit on my card and then send in the vouchers. I said fine, but will the deposit be refunded if I have enough to cover the full amount. She said no, I would need to pay ?120 each on my card and the rest would be fine in deals, including the car hire and insurance.

I am really confused what to do now, if I exchange to cover the full amount excluding car insurance (as I expected), and they dont take them all, I will have too many Virgin vouchers - what happens then, can I send them back and get them refunded?

I thought I would just pay for the holiday in deals and then the car insurance separately which is fine. Dont know what to do now, any advice would be appreciated.

Sorry for rambling - I just have been so looking forward to doing this and am now getting stressed in case I do it all wrong!!!

Thanks all

Gavvy
15th February 2008, 13:08
Call again start from scratch and speak to a different rep- you prob get a diff answer- if not ask them to speak to a supervisor and tell them if you need to that you have done this in the past, as have your "friends".

They are really inconsitant and it all depends who you get through too!

bootsaholic
15th February 2008, 13:11
Thanks for your reply, I just tried this and its got worse instead of better!! The chap I spoke to this time said I had to pay taxes of ?136 per person and then ?171 car insurance so now gone from ?360 to pay up to nearly ?600.

Think I will try again later until I get the answer I like!!! Any ideas on getting vouchers refunded tho, if I do exchange them and they dont take them.

suziq
15th February 2008, 13:14
u can send em back to tesco and have em re credited.

bootsaholic
15th February 2008, 13:17
Thanks for that suziq. Will probably go ahead and exchange the full amount then, and try and blag it when booking!

suziq
15th February 2008, 13:20
only gets more complex than that if u used a few accounts, when the vouchers come, if u keep them separate u will know which account they came from, rather than getting all excited like i do!
alternatively u can use them for something else, i think, not sure, u can use any s coded voucher on any 'partial pay' deal

Gavvy
15th February 2008, 17:06
Call again!!

you def do not have to pay taxes and can pay in full although you may have to pay the deposit and have it refunded.

Tell them you know of people that have done this many times in the past and ask to speak to a supervisor!

They are really badly trained on clubcard vouchers.

I am starting to get angry for you now! Grrrrrr

teresab4100
15th February 2008, 17:25
Booked last week was ?116 short but nice lady waived deposit and let me pay th balance for 2 of us if you want her name and ex number pm me

Flo
15th February 2008, 17:51
I phoned Virgin on this number 01293 496885 and only had to pay the ?80 I was short in vouchers. keep trying you'll get someone who knows what they are doing eventually.

bigG
15th February 2008, 18:10
i paid ?116 in cash only

heatherbelle
15th February 2008, 18:17
Ask to speak to a supervisor, if there is a problem. I was 5.00 short and I only had to pay this, plus the park tickets that I knew needed cash. I was on a free dining plan, so had to buy these from virgin, as it was part of the T&C. I did not pay for the taxes or flight supps (weekend).

Just keep phoning up, don't mentioned the deals until price is confirmed, have a nice chat with the person you speak to, I also asked if they got commission on the sale. Then hit it them with it, by saying you want to pay with deals.
Good luck.

I booked by hol on a saturday evening, and the girl went off and spoke to the supervisor, as she said I needed to pay the taxes etc. I asked her to check. She did and said I could pay in deals.

Flo
16th February 2008, 00:05
Let us know how you get on.

bootsaholic
16th February 2008, 10:32
Thanks Flo - and everyone else for your help. A kind pts-er has offered to let me have the name and extension of the person who let them pay for all their holiday in deals, so when I have this I will try again, preferably when vouchers are in hand so if it goes well, I can book it straight away before they have chance to change their minds again!!!

Will definitely let you know how it goes, thanks again x

Flo
16th February 2008, 10:47
Keep phoning back when you get your vouchers I got lucky first time the girl was lovely very patient and when I received my invoice all my requests had been noted correctly too - better service than when I have paid in cash.

bootsaholic
16th February 2008, 11:09
Will do, converted my vouchers yesterday so should be here soon. Will post back when I have any success - fingers crossed! I know paying ?500 for a ?2500 holiday is still a good deal, but if I can pay for it all that ?500 will cover my passes. I am a bit of a woos tho, so without all of your encouragement would probably have given up.

Thanks for spurring me on!!:love:

bootsaholic
24th February 2008, 11:58
Just wanted to update this - I did it!!! Rang about four times and in the end got a very helpful chap who said I could use whatever vouchers I had! I rang him on Friday and I am now all booked up - for the grand total of ?37!!

This includes the car and car insurance aswell so Im really chuffed. Just wanted to say thanks again for everyones advice - have repped you all I think!

Flo
24th February 2008, 19:01
How fantastic! Well done you!
Get planning, I have just finished making my dining reservations with Disney for Aug, it was lovely hearing the US accent and she was really nice wishing me a lovely holiday.

bootsaholic
24th February 2008, 19:22
Thanks for that Flo, I have been sat reading the Virgin brochure word for word! Its DD birthday the day after we arrive and she wants to go to Aquatica, so we have started planning already. Hope you have a fab time in August and look forward to hearing about your experiences and recommendations!

Flo
24th February 2008, 19:31
Both the Brits Guide and Selinghers unofficial guide are on offer at Amazon. If you haven't been before the Brits Guide is a good bet if you've been before or like to plan a lot then I personally like the unofficial guide. Are you on the dibb, they are the best source of Florida/Disney info going and lovely and friendly, www.thedibb.co.uk I'm Flo on there too.

missstroppy
24th February 2008, 19:31
Another Happy Ending! WooHoo x :bounce:

bootsaholic
24th February 2008, 19:39
Both the Brits Guide and Selinghers unofficial guide are on offer at Amazon. If you haven't been before the Brits Guide is a good bet if you've been before or like to plan a lot then I personally like the unofficial guide. Are you on the dibb, they are the best source of Florida/Disney info going and lovely and friendly, www.thedibb.co.uk I'm Flo on there too.

Thanks for that Flo. We have been to Florida 7 or 8 times before (big kids!) and thought we were pretty clued up BUT after reading threads on this site and having just started looking on the dibb (which I didnt even know existed until recently!), I am beginning to realise there is LOADS that we dont know about!! Our holidays have always been a priority and have never come easy so its so nice to get this booked for so little so we can maybe do more when we are there and have a bit more money for spending. We are far from experts and always try to do something different each time we go, I have picked up some great tips from people on here which I appreciate alot. Also DD is nearly 12 now but was 3 on her first trip so our experiences and needs are changing as the years go by. I think she may outgrow disney before we do!

stinky minky
26th February 2008, 15:38
well done, I paid ?430 in cash. I was told we would have to pay the taxes. I am newarly ready to book 2009 so next time I won't be paying any cash

stinky minky
26th February 2008, 15:39
just thought boots do you have the extention number and name of the guy you spoke to? you could pm me them if you have