PDA

View Full Version : YHA - free membership

Khufu
15th February 2008, 20:29
Not sure where to put this so feel free to move it mods

YHA are a Deals partner so I thought this might be appropriate here.

If you buy a family railcard online (currently ?20 for year) you can get free YHA membership (currently ?24.95) a great deal I think.

We have had loads of YHA holidays in teh past and the kids have loved them (getting a family room for 10 people adn filling it wiht assorted cousins, aunts and extended relations) and its dirt cheap anyway but you can pay for it with deals now as well. :D

Scrungee
15th February 2008, 21:13
I use deals for my YHA membership/hols and a card that (generally) gets 10% off in Milletts, Blacks, Etc. (but not on Brownie or Girl Guide gear sold in those shops as they are not able to give discount on those items).

Is this a cheaper route - I've had a quick look at my Feb-May 08 Deals cat and can't work it out.

wallsendmag
15th February 2008, 22:58
Family Railcards are ?24 now

Khufu
15th February 2008, 23:01
I suppose it depends on whetehr you'll ever use the railcard - mine paid for itself first journey though

Scrungee
16th February 2008, 09:56
Funnily enough, got My YHA Spring mailing today + checked their website.

Individual membership ?15.95 (so ?20 in deals/?5 points).

Family membership ?22.95 (so ?25 in deals/?6.25 points). I understand you need family membership if you are using YHA deals vouchers with 2 diifferent names on them.

Saved ?13.50 just on one pair of (expensive) walking boots last year.

Khufu
16th February 2008, 09:59
I think the railcard is dead good - 1/3 of adult travel and 60% off childrens travel - it soon racks up and you get benefits from having it too (discounts in certain restaurants etc.)

miss bargainmad
17th February 2008, 14:25
I've got a family railcard valid to 8th April - if anyone wants it they can have it as I won't be using it again before then. Just pm me.

wallsendmag
18th February 2008, 10:33
I've got a family railcard valid to 8th April - if anyone wants it they can have it as I won't be using it again before then. Just pm me.

Naughty naughty :nono:

mhoc
18th February 2008, 12:05
I've just done a one year student membership for my eldest. Now is the time to join because the fees go up in March.

I noticed that you can do one, two and three year student memberships - ideal presents for anyone going up to college/uni or 18 or 21st birthday presents.

There is also a life membership that you can pay with deals.

Funnily enough, got My YHA Spring mailing today + checked their website.

Individual membership ?15.95 (so ?20 in deals/?5 points).

Family membership ?22.95 (so ?25 in deals/?6.25 points). I understand you need family membership if you are using YHA deals vouchers with 2 diifferent names on them.

Saved ?13.50 just on one pair of (expensive) walking boots last year.