PDA

View Full Version : Butlins v Pontins v Haven ?

markat
17th February 2008, 14:30
Now they are all on board with deals thought I would start a comparison thread. I've never been on this type of holiday (well I dated a red coat once and you should see where the staff have to live .... anyway back to thread).

A thinking of a long weekend for me and OH - but thought a thread to pass on advice for most child friendly, best value, best accomadation, most suited to adults / hen weekends / families might help fellow newbies to this type of break - I have all the brochures here but they only tell half the story !!

Personally would like half board (if the food is good and plentiful) and a relaxing place to stay with quality accomadation.

Would love to see center parcs join next !!

Melc234
17th February 2008, 15:59
Been to pontins at prestatyn, haven at haggerston castle and butlins at skegness.
Butlins would definetly get my vote. Went with 2 under 5s, loads for kids to do. Really clean and well furnished accomadation. Staff very friendly and helpful.
Pontins was the worst, filthy accomadation, supposed to of been top of the range. Kids soft play area was also filthy and needed doing up.

brandonsnan
17th February 2008, 16:18
Butlins Skegness accomodation is brill. Prefer an apartment rather than just a room though as you have a living/kitchen area even if going full board. When using deals i always go for Gold as they do not offer large discounts on these apartments and i do not feel as though i am losing out on much, as you have to pay full brochure price. Towels and toiletries are provided in these Gold apartments. There is a large tv and dvd/video player in lounge. You dine in a seperate area called The Yacht Club which does not get as overcrowded as the other 2 dining rooms. Also all Gold apartments at Skegness have 3 bedrooms. The only downside is that these apartments are further away from all the entertainment so be prepared for a walk.

zoot
17th February 2008, 16:19
been to butlins and haven and my vote would certainly go to Butlins.

taffyswife
17th February 2008, 16:44
Have been to Butlins at Minehead and Bognor - liked Bognor best.

Haven - went to Seashore @ Great Yarmouth, was also very nice.

lisa84
17th February 2008, 17:43
I love Butlins great fun for all and loads of free activities. Go for Gold at Skegness with half board and you get a lovely Yacht Club to eat your meals in. Weve been going twice a year for about 7 years now and the yacht club is great for food. They serve up good carvery food, omlettes for brekkie to die for and the kids enjoy a good selection. We found if there wasnt anything for my DS who is very picky we would go next door to the other restaurant and grab a portion of sausage and chips for him!!!!
The Skyline Gang are great fun although not changed much in all the time weve been. The panto is fun and they normally have a show for the kids like Milkshake or Brum.
Fairground Rides are free but a little dated. Theres kids rides at the Bob the Builder play area and Billys soft ball pits for the kids.
All in all I think if you have under 10s its a great place to go but, could see older ones being a bit bored.....could be wrong though, as theres Bowling, and cinema aswell but this could get costly.
The kids also enjoyed collecting badges from the Redcoats they buy them from the shops at ?1.49 then swap them for staff only badges does get quite addictive as you chase the Redcoats around trying to find that one last badge to finish the set!!!!
Excellent family entertainment for under 10s:love: Lisaxxx

Flo
17th February 2008, 17:47
Have been to Butlins at Minehead and Bognor - liked Bognor best.

Haven - went to Seashore @ Great Yarmouth, was also very nice.

Went to Minehead and Bognor - like Minehead best.:D

I also like Haven - I thought the the gold caravans at Burnham were far nicer than the Butlins accommodation.

DD liked both but would probably say Butlins because there is more to do.

I would definitely say go for a half board option at Butlins the food was good and the other food outlets on camp are very expensive.

rach109
17th February 2008, 17:57
Only ever been to Butlins out of the 3

Love Minehead,we go there at least once a yr,plenty to keep my 2 boys happy / occupied.Stayed silver and it was fine.

been to Bognor once,last yr but didnt like it as much as M.head,although the boys loved the outdoor pool, and the hotel was fab!

This is a fab thread,BUT i don't think you can tar the whole company with the same brush

my sister & friends of ours, has been to a few Haven sites ,some good some not so good ! it totally depends on the staff,location,cleanliness ! etc which can and does differ between sites

:)

dashpole
18th February 2008, 11:26
Been to Pontins - Wall Park (No longer in the group) - would pay NOT to go back again.
Been to Haven - Blue Dolphin would definitely go back again.

Khufu
18th February 2008, 11:34
I would say none of these are geared towards adults alone Markat and so I would be looking to which were close to other areas with nightlife eg skegness butlins is close enough to skegness town to go out there. Most of these places have a separate adults only bar/club but there are still millions of children/teenagers hanging around so its not ideal if you want to get away just the two of you - I'd be more tempted to book travel lodge in a town (Leeds is right in the centre and there is a great scene there)

cheeky
18th February 2008, 13:21
If you do the butlins adults week-ends they great.

MrsTom
18th February 2008, 14:07
We have been to a number of Haven sites, (generally through Sun ?9.50 hols) Kids have always enjoyed themselves.

We went to Butlins (Bognor) ended up upgrading to Gold accomodation as the silver was such poor quality, even though they had already changed our rooms twice the room were damp and we were worried about our sons asthma so paid to go gold.

The drinks were expensive and the clubroom was packed but the kids enjoyed themselves, not sure we would go back.

Prefer the Haven sites we have visited.

poogis
18th February 2008, 14:29
Hi

I have been to Butlins Skegness, found the accomodation disgraceful (silver) customer service non-existant, and entertainment far too busy, unless you are prepared to camp out hours in advance. BUT, the pool was brilliant, could spend ages in there, and the free funfair is good for the kids.

I have been to Haven at Littlesea, Allhallows, Combe Haven, Rockley Park, Devon Cliffs and Primrose Valley, they were all OK, but some of the cheaper caravans were a bit basic, and not too clean, but I anti-bacterial wipe everything anyway, and we just use them as a base.

As for Pontins, I used to work there as a student, and it was totally Hi-de-Hi, and after working in the kitchen and restaurant, I would NEVER eat there. All clean enough, but they scrimp on food supplies, and even recycled mince from Cottage Pie into Lasagne once, YUCK!

Poogis

Mamzie
18th February 2008, 14:36
Haven is fun, but Butlins is best for us...

10 times to Minehead in 3 years as we really enjoy it there. Back in October and Xmas, with a weekend in the summer if possible.

Also if you have food allergies (like my dd) the catering staff everywhere really go the extra mile to find food you can eat, and with allergies you can take your own food into the shows if needed.

rach109
18th February 2008, 16:00
:shocked: i am shocked that silver accom is so bad @ Bognor & Skegness

we have found silver @ Minehead to be fine,with nice leather sofas and refurbed bathrooms & generally clean and tidy throughout

ninja_ang
18th February 2008, 16:01
We are thinking of going to butlins Minehead for 3 days in September in Silver accomodation. Has anyone stayed in Silver at Minehaead? Is it ok?
thanks
xxx

rach109
18th February 2008, 16:06
We are thinking of going to butlins Minehead for 3 days in September in Silver accomodation. Has anyone stayed in Silver at Minehaead? Is it ok?
thanks
xxx

see my post above :D

we have found it to be fine
i wouldnt hesitate to complain if it was dirty etc though ! :)

rach109
18th February 2008, 16:06
ps it's an apartment we stay @

haven't stayed in the half board accomodation

ninja_ang
18th February 2008, 16:09
Thanks Rach109, must have been posting at the same time! It os the half board accomodation that we will be booking as it seems to be about the same price!

Any reviews on the half board food?
xxx

rach109
18th February 2008, 16:30
Thanks Rach109, must have been posting at the same time! It os the half board accomodation that we will be booking as it seems to be about the same price!

Any reviews on the half board food?
xxx

half board you only get bedrooms & bathroom

self catering you get living room / dining area / kitchen too

if you will only be sleeping there though it should be ok,although my sister who went half board,missed having a sitting area for the evenings when ny nephew was in bed! lol

i think you can pay more, and have an apartment but still go half board :)

she said the food was ok,bit samey but something for everyone :)

janegreen
18th February 2008, 16:49
I've been to :

Butlins - Minehead - accomodation basic, the bathroom smelt of damp so we showered in the swimming pool showers !!! But the entertainment is fabulous, my 6 year old twins have gone every year for the last 3 and every year there is alway something for them to do, from Bob the Builder to wrestling shows and the whole family loves the pantomime. Never eaten there so cant comment although the big Tesco's next door is always good for a few mocs!!!

Pontins - only been to the one near Brean and we called it Colditz say no more. will never go again

Haven - Devon Cliffs - we've been here several times and if you can get the weather its fantastic with its own private beach. Entertainment wasn't as good as Butlins though. would definately go there again

Haven - Burnham - nice smaller camp with a beach just across a private road
again would book to go again.

Perhaps we should all write in to Centre Parcs as this is our favourite?!

Mamzie
18th February 2008, 20:04
Theres loads more afternoon shows in Centre Stage this year with Butlins. One of our friends is in the cast and they've had to learn 7 new shows in January.

As well as the normal Panto and Billy Party, theres a Brum show, a Mr Men show, a Harry and his dinosaurs show, I'm sure he said he was doing a Barney show as well, but I didn't see that one advertised.

And he said that another 3 shows were planned before the summer.

We really like the Silver Plus Bungalows at Minehead. The wooden lodges are nice but just like deluxe Haven Caravens with wood surrounds.

rach109
18th February 2008, 20:37
Theres loads more afternoon shows in Centre Stage this year with Butlins. One of our friends is in the cast and they've had to learn 7 new shows in January.

As well as the normal Panto and Billy Party, theres a Brum show, a Mr Men show, a Harry and his dinosaurs show, I'm sure he said he was doing a Barney show as well, but I didn't see that one advertised.

And he said that another 3 shows were planned before the summer.

We really like the Silver Plus Bungalows at Minehead. The wooden lodges are nice but just like deluxe Haven Caravens with wood surrounds.

awww fab :clap2:

Flo
18th February 2008, 22:11
Hi, Mamzie do you request the silver plus bungalows when you book, whereabouts are they? DD loves Butlins I might try to squeeze in a few nights at easter. How long in advance do I need to book with deals?

99redballs
18th February 2008, 22:29
pontins was an absolute sh*t hole at Llewellyn .i wouldn't keep a dog in the place we stayed. everything about the site was very very poor.outside the park was lovely, i love wales, very beautiful. this was our first sun holidays, but undeterred we booked every year since, but have made sure it was only with haven we've been to about 6 sites and all really nice,(apart from one caravan,worse than pontins, but they moved us straight away). not stayed at butlins but i've been there for a day and at skeggie it's really good and lots of things to do.

thehagman
18th February 2008, 22:54
I've been to :

Butlins - Minehead - accomodation basic, the bathroom smelt of damp so we showered in the swimming pool showers !!! But the entertainment is fabulous, my 6 year old twins have gone every year for the last 3 and every year there is alway something for them to do, from Bob the Builder to wrestling shows and the whole family loves the pantomime. Never eaten there so cant comment although the big Tesco's next door is always good for a few mocs!!!

Pontins - only been to the one near Brean and we called it Colditz say no more. will never go again

Haven - Devon Cliffs - we've been here several times and if you can get the weather its fantastic with its own private beach. Entertainment wasn't as good as Butlins though. would definately go there again

Haven - Burnham - nice smaller camp with a beach just across a private road
again would book to go again.

Perhaps we should all write in to Centre Parcs as this is our favourite?!

note the bold text
oh dear thinking about mocs on holiday:nono: if i get this bad someone please give me a KICK, im slowly just gettting used to dreaming about nappy shops and trying to explain to Mr T staff what the head office policy is.:(
I must not be as converted as some yet;) as i like to forget about points/mocs/glitches but not for to long:behindsofa:

rach109
18th February 2008, 23:38
awww but with a tesco that close it would be rude to not pay a visit :D ;)

I went to Ts,to use up the last of my H&B in whilst in Ilfracombe last yr! lol

suesmith
18th February 2008, 23:41
just booked to go to butlins bognor hb in silver at easter - feel a bit worried now with what people have said, wanted silver plus, the ones with a lounge but they had sold out.

never been to haven but my sis has been to haggerston castle and loved it so am thinking about going there in october half term.

now pontins... where should i start, we went to prestatyn in "luxury" accomodation and it was grim, i don't think luxury means a tv that doesnt work, a sagging sofa bed and a dirty fag burned carpet. one sofa for 4 of us, the oven and fridge was filthy and i could go on. the entertainment was poor, food and drink was v expensive and although we had the same drinks all the time the total was differant every time! i would pay not to have to go back there

oh, i also forgot the used tampon sat in the ladies changing room for two days where there were lots of young children, i complained and was promised it would be dealt with and next day still there- in the end holding lots of loo roll i chucked it away - still waiting for the promised letter of apology 4 years on

Mamzie
19th February 2008, 09:45
Hi, Mamzie do you request the silver plus bungalows when you book, whereabouts are they? DD loves Butlins I might try to squeeze in a few nights at easter. How long in advance do I need to book with deals?

Yes, and they are in the brochure. They are at the end of Bobs Yard, and go along the back of Bobs yards then.

I think you need to book at least 14 days before travel to use deals.

Mamzie
19th February 2008, 09:47
THese is on Deals Markat about the over 18s hols, they may be better for you than the family hol dates.Big Weekends

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Butlins over 18’s Big Weekends are about big-name acts, huge venues and an unrivalled fun-filled atmosphere. Whether you want to feel the force of Disco Inferno, twist the night away at the Festival of the 60s or shout, shout, let it all out at 80s madness there’s something for all ages and musical tastes.

Each 3 night Big Weekend is packed with outstanding acts, tribute bands and some of the UKs top DJs. Plus over 50 free activities on every break including karaoke, Splash Waterworld, and funfair.

With a range of accommodation all just a short walk from the venues, Self-catering and half board options we have everything you need for the ultimate Big Weekend break.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flo
19th February 2008, 19:31
Hi, are they actual bungalows or are they just the one storey chalets.
I have just booked one anyway 24th March for 4 nights.

Mamzie
19th February 2008, 19:51
They call them bungalows, but I guess they could also be one storey chalets.

Not sure if that helps or not...

julie1971
19th February 2008, 20:02
We are going to Pontins in Braen after Easter with the sun hols never been there before and we have booked Butlins Minehead in the summer for a week but not with deals we have hired a caravan there, Butlins is great for the kids and oh actually likes it there.

rach109
19th February 2008, 21:38
We are going to Pontins in Braen after Easter with the sun hols never been there before and we have booked Butlins Minehead in the summer for a week but not with deals we have hired a caravan there, Butlins is great for the kids and oh actually likes it there.

same here !

twice this yr ! lol

may and oct half terms :)

we found itMUCH cheaper booking a private static caravan than Butlins accom! esp as it sleeps 10 ,so we are sharing with my sisters family

suzanne s
20th February 2008, 12:29
Glad I'm not the only one less than impressed with Pontins. We went to Camber Sands last May and it was truly appauling.

- bathroom was too skanky for words;
- the put-you-up was so old and we slept with our legs higher than our heads;
- ants in the kitchen area;
- no recycling facilities;
- the lifeguards were not stopping older kids running through the baby pool;
- play area was filthy with old cans and other delights;
- covers off electric junction boxes, several;
- no vegetarian food available at the take-away;
- a complete fiasco to change the tokens the kids had collected at the arcades
- and on the way out the receptionist kept me waiting, after I had said I wanted to complain, while she chatted to boyfriend.

But the redcoats were fab! :)

So anyhow, I did complain and sent copies of the photos. I did get a reply, very standard, which took 3 months, and they have offered us a free weekend - just not sure I want to go again!!! :lol:

heatherks
23rd February 2008, 19:21
I have a query? ..i was thinking of going to Pontins in Blackpool next year and noticed they take the tesco deals

can anyone tell me ......do i pay the full brochure price or the offer price at the time ...so i know how much i'll have to try and save up

thanks in advance

bradleybear
24th February 2008, 19:53
wanting to book butlins for 2 adults 2 children, but can not see what i would have to pay for a 4 night break as dont know if deals you still get the free child place offered in brouchure.
does anyone have a rough idea price wise if paying in deals

Mamzie
24th February 2008, 20:01
full price def for Butlins or Haven.

ninja_ang
24th February 2008, 20:20
wanting to book butlins for 2 adults 2 children, but can not see what i would have to pay for a 4 night break as dont know if deals you still get the free child place offered in brouchure.
does anyone have a rough idea price wise if paying in deals

What dates, which park, how old for the children, which accomodation and sc or hb? and I'll look for you if you find it a bit confusing. I booked mine on wed!

xxxx

bradleybear
24th February 2008, 20:25
What dates, which park, how old for the children, which accomodation and sc or hb? and I'll look for you if you find it a bit confusing. I booked mine on wed!

xxxx

thank you,
looking for 4 night midweek skegness in may for 2 adult, 1 x 8year old and 1 x 4 year old in silver apartment (any may midweek) and HB.
i have the brochure but have not booked a holiday using deals before allways used for themeparks and days out in the past.

ninja_ang
24th February 2008, 20:33
Silver apartment Skegness 2 adults, 1 x 8yr old, 1 x 4 yr old, half board, 4 nights:

21/4/08 ?444
28/4/08 ?444
5/5/08 ?476
12/5/08 ?476
19/5/08 ?492
26/5/06 ?730 (guess you won't be going this week!!!)

Hope that helps!
xxx

bradleybear
24th February 2008, 20:51
thank you ninja ang will have to have a think on that

ninja_ang
24th February 2008, 20:52
You're welcome, it can get quite confusing with all the different prices!
xxx

bogmat
24th February 2008, 22:09
I have a query? ..i was thinking of going to Pontins in Blackpool next year and noticed they take the tesco deals

can anyone tell me ......do i pay the full brochure price or the offer price at the time ...so i know how much i'll have to try and save up

thanks in advance

i have booked for april 08 i phoned to enquire and was given a cheaper price than online on the half price week paid all in vouchers

thehagman
24th February 2008, 22:15
i have booked for april 08 i phoned to enquire and was given a cheaper price than online on the half price week paid all in vouchers

can you give figures here as this sounds good if you can pay in deals and still get the discounts as if paying via cash.
Is this phone only or can you book half price online then pay the half price in deals.

WE NEED ? signs;)

Flo
25th February 2008, 07:41

Was this for Butlins or Pontins?

ninja_ang
25th February 2008, 08:19
Looking at previous messages Flo, I believe it is Pontins.
xxxx

bogmat
25th February 2008, 22:51
Looking at previous messages Flo, I believe it is Pontins.
xxxx

yes sorry it was pontins , april 25 , the half price offer .

online it came to ?311 although when i phoned to enquire how i went about booking the fella quoted me ?291 plus he asked me if i had any codes .

this was for 7 people 2 adults and 5 kids for 3 nights half board . i paid all in deals except last ?2 which i sent in a cheque.

NinaB
26th February 2008, 17:28
Hi, have read this thread with interest. What sort of age do you think Butlins is most suitable for please? My dd is only 16m so a little young yet, but not sure what age to start taking her in order to get the most value out of the facilities.

TIA! :)

NinaB
26th February 2008, 17:29
...:)...

rach109
26th February 2008, 17:43
Hi, have read this thread with interest. What sort of age do you think Butlins is most suitable for please? My dd is only 16m so a little young yet, but not sure what age to start taking her in order to get the most value out of the facilities.

TIA! :)

around 2 or 2.5 id say

we have been taking our youngest since then :)

at that age he loved the rides in Bobs Yard ,the swimming pool and the indoor soft play area

and at night we would bring his buggy, and he would fall asleep during the entertainment :)

the good thing is that you can go during term time,much cheaper ! :)

NinaB
26th February 2008, 18:42
Thank you! Will probably be looking at late summer/early autumn next year then.

markat
2nd March 2008, 17:03
Brochures out again here ... can anyone comment on the food for half board at the holiday places, some reviews say breakfast is rationed out i.e. one sausage per person at breakfast - got two huge appetites to feed here !!

ninja_ang
2nd March 2008, 17:06
A friend of mine has been to Butlins in Bognor and said that it was all you can eat as you help yourself. She had 2 children with her and if they didn't like something she just got them something else!
xxx

mummyglass
2nd March 2008, 17:34
Food on half board is really good IMHO. We have 3 teenage boys and they eat for England! It is eamayl and they certainly do. Also a good variety of food. In some cases it is cheaper to go HB with vouchers than to book SC.

ninja_ang
2nd March 2008, 17:37
Yes indeed mummyglass, I looked at the price for self catering and half board and there was only ?4 in it for the days we're there for!
xxx

rach109
2nd March 2008, 17:50
Yes indeed mummyglass, I looked at the price for self catering and half board and there was only ?4 in it for the days we're there for!xxx

dont forget though ,that the half board price quoted is without living space ,just bedrooms and bathroom

ninja_ang
2nd March 2008, 18:19
That's correct Rach, as we were only there for 4 days I don't mind not having a living room, we booked the silver plus as that way we get a mini fridge and a small seating area!
We don't mind just laying in bed and watching tv after ds has gone to bed!
When I called to book, we were only going to book silver and not silver plus, but they told us all the silver plus at Minehead were refurbished last year and these were the best accomodation there at the mo!
I guess you have to weigh up which is more valuable to you, to use it was to get as much paid for in deals as poss, so going half board is best for us!

rach109
2nd March 2008, 18:41
That's correct Rach, as we were only there for 4 days I don't mind not having a living room, we booked the silver plus as that way we get a mini fridge and a small seating area!
We don't mind just laying in bed and watching tv after ds has gone to bed!
When I called to book, we were only going to book silver and not silver plus, but they told us all the silver plus at Minehead were refurbished last year and these were the best accomodation there at the mo!
I guess you have to weigh up which is more valuable to you, to use it was to get as much paid for in deals as poss, so going half board is best for us!

fab :clap2:
think all the silver accom has been refurbed ?
we went silver s/c in Oct, and had the lovely leather sofas ,and gorge blk / white / chrome bathroom

when are you going ? :)

ninja_ang
2nd March 2008, 19:07
We were told they had refurbed all the silver, but the silver plus had got new appliances, new tv, new shower, new beds, new chairs etc, not just decorated. I don't mind paying the extra for the silver plus as it was only ?30 and the fridge will come in handy for lunch!
We're going on the 5th September for 3 nights as we needed something to tag onto our sun holiday at Parkdean Ruda!
xxx

siennahue
2nd March 2008, 19:16
Now your talking :D Parkdean Ruda bay, wish we could do that with deals! My lot loved it there :D

Sienna

ninja_ang
2nd March 2008, 19:20
Did you try to get it booked with Sun holidays Sienna, it becomes quite easy after the first time as you get the priority online booking!
Never been there before, so really looking forward to it!
xxxx

siennahue
2nd March 2008, 20:07
We used to go there with the Sun deals but it got a little expensive with 7 of us and we had to try to upgrade the caravan because of DD being prone to chest infections - she needs the celing heaters - and its a long drive for us for a short week or long weekend away.

All that aside, we loved the pool and Croyde beach is fab, I think its the one park we really did enjoy very much, have you been that way before? You're not planning on driving over Exmoor and down Porlock hill to get to Minehead are you?

ninja_ang
2nd March 2008, 20:13
Errrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmm???? I have the worst sense of direction ever, so I have no idea, was just going to put it into the sat nav and see where it takes us, why, is that a really bad way?

I used to go to minehead Butlins as a little girl, and we go to Cornwall a lot, but never been to Croyde before!

We have been to Parkdean Warmwell in Dorset and it was great!
xxxxx

siennahue
2nd March 2008, 20:21
Ok, if you follow the coast from Minehead to Croyde you have to go up the steepest hill I have ever driven up :shocked: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A39_road . Don't do it unless you want to knacker your engine (we needed new break disks after we tried it), best route is to follow the main A routes and go the long way round, a few more miles but worth it. Show OH, see what he thinks :)

ninja_ang
2nd March 2008, 21:32
Thanks for that Sienna, I do believe that we will be avoiding that road then!
xxx

rach109
2nd March 2008, 21:36
We were told they had refurbed all the silver, but the silver plus had got new appliances, new tv, new shower, new beds, new chairs etc, not just decorated. I don't mind paying the extra for the silver plus as it was only ?30 and the fridge will come in handy for lunch!
We're going on the 5th September for 3 nights as we needed something to tag onto our sun holiday at Parkdean Ruda!
xxx

oooh bet its lovely :D:clap2:

mummyglass
2nd March 2008, 21:47
dont forget though ,that the half board price quoted is without living space ,just bedrooms and bathroom

We go in gold accommadation which has livingroom and kitchenette. Although it is HB we like to have the option of a hot midday snack.

ninja_ang
2nd March 2008, 22:39
Ah, can't be A**ed to cook on holiday, sarnies for us!!
xxx

mummyglass
2nd March 2008, 23:40
I totally agree but having the kitchenette gives us the option plus a fridge to store butter/milk etc in. With the boys (19, 16, 15) beans on toast at midnight is a reality!

ninja_ang
3rd March 2008, 08:16
Indeed Mummyglass, there is just me, dh and a 2 year old ds, so we don't need it as much as you! Are you going this year Mummyglass?
xxxx

janegreen
5th March 2008, 10:17
Dead chuffed, went onto Butlins website to look at prices for a weekend break over Easter and when I phoned to check how much more it would be to use Tesco vouchers the difference was only ?10, in the past I have looked and its been several hundred. and we only paid a ?20 deposit whilst awaiting our vouchers to convert to deals.

so we have treated ourselves to a deluxe!!!!

rach109
5th March 2008, 20:01
Dead chuffed, went onto Butlins website to look at prices for a weekend break over Easter and when I phoned to check how much more it would be to use Tesco vouchers the difference was only ?10, in the past I have looked and its been several hundred. and we only paid a ?20 deposit whilst awaiting our vouchers to convert to deals.

so we have treated ourselves to a deluxe!!!!

:clap2::clap2: