PDA

View Full Version : Cosmos Nile Cruise

Donpacifico
18th February 2008, 07:22
Would i be able to ook a Nile Cruise with deals? If yes what would deals not cover?

I was looking at 7 nights AI wonders of the Nile Cruise but im not sure if i can book with Deals.

Thanks

GoatBoy
18th February 2008, 07:23
Would i be able to ook a Nile Cruise with deals? If yes what would deals not cover?

I was looking at 7 nights AI wonders of the Nile Cruise but im not sure if i can book with Deals.

Thanks

Sure that you can if it's in one of the Cosmos brochures listed on the Deals page.......

cheeky
18th February 2008, 09:17
yes you can I booked the Lady Mary for 21st April through Cosmos

Donpacifico
18th February 2008, 09:27
thanks for replies Crsjo and Cheeky.

Will have to start pricing this up and exchanging to Deals. Hope i dont mess up changing my vouchers to deals. My DW has always wanted a Nile Cruise and its her 50th this year.

cheeky
18th February 2008, 09:37
Don

The Lady Mary is much nice vessel than the Magic one. (the 5 star is nothing like a uk 5 star)

Thanks

sunshine
18th February 2008, 09:37
We went on Magic 1 courtesy of Mr T in December and we only paid ?1. Everything was included and it was all inclusive. There were trips included. All we paid for in Egypt was extra optional trips and tips.

Donpacifico
18th February 2008, 09:49
We went on Magic 1 courtesy of Mr T in December and we only paid ?1. Everything was included and it was all inclusive. There were trips included. All we paid for in Egypt was extra optional trips and tips.

Im just looking at Magic1 now. looking for Oct/Nov/Dec. Did you fly Monarch? Any tips for booking etc etc? Do i need to convert my vouchers before i book.
I dont want to jump in and book without checking first so i dont mess up.So any booking info appreciated.

Thanks

mutley muppet
18th February 2008, 10:21
Don

The Lady Mary is much nice vessel than the Magic one. (the 5 star is nothing like a uk 5 star)

Thanks

Yep, I agree go for the highest star you can get. I've been to Egypt 4 times and their star ratings are definately different to ours.

Check out tripadvisor for reviews:
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Search?q=nile+cruise&geo=&returnTo=__2F__&hid=&verbose=&hur=&ssrc=r

Have a great time. I love Egypt.
MM. x

mutley muppet
18th February 2008, 10:27
Im just looking at Magic1 now. looking for Oct/Nov/Dec. Did you fly Monarch? Any tips for booking etc etc? Do i need to convert my vouchers before i book.
I dont want to jump in and book without checking first so i dont mess up.So any booking info appreciated.

Thanks

I would get your deals vouchers then book as they want you to send them in by special delivery ASAP once you book over the phone.

You pay the brochure price so ignore whatever the discounted online price is and look for the price before discount (you will be able to see it as you click through to book online).

I havent booked with cosmos yet, but might be soon. :D
MM. x

cheeky
18th February 2008, 10:43
My price was ?1596 all inclusive including excursion, could have got it ?1316 if I paid cash.

I used ?400 pound in vouchers

Donpacifico
18th February 2008, 12:01
I got option to book Premium. So Is it worth booking the Premium tickets with Monarch? Is this upgrade worthwhile?
Anyone gone premium?

cheeky
18th February 2008, 13:18
Don

I upgrade because we can sit together as pre-booked and take more luggage. - ?34pp but when you upgrade it includes the following.

Monarch plus includes:

Pre-booked seating in a designated area of the aircraft (not including actual seat numbers or seats with extra leg room)
Upgraded meal (with choice of entr?e)
One complimentary choice of spirit
Complimentary ? bottle of wine with meal or Bucks Fizz for breakfast
Complimentary soft drinks, tea, coffee and hot chocolate throughout flight (excluding milk shakes, bottled water etc)
FREE in-flight entertainment
In-flight sales discount voucher (?5 discount on a minimum spend of ?25, excluding in-flight consumables)
Increased baggage allowance of 25kg.

cheeky
18th February 2008, 13:18
Forgot to mention my ?400 vouchers included my upgrade.

Donpacifico
18th February 2008, 13:26
Thanks again Cheeky, that seems a very good deal.

mutley muppet
18th February 2008, 13:36
If you mean the Monarch plus upgrade I dont think you can pay this with deals BUT you could obviously pay that little bit with cash.
MM. x

http://www.tesco.com/CLUBCARD/DEALS/PRODUCTINFOSHEETS/S6022.PDF

bluwkd
18th February 2008, 14:26

Hi sunshine..

I'm going on the Magic in March.. cant wait! :clap2:

Can you recall how much the optional excursions were?.. the Abu Simbel trip, did they do it via road and air.. also the balloon cost.. cant find this info, just states 'from' in the brochure

How did the tipping work, am having kittens trying to remember everything, was it done at the end?.. Anything else to look out for would be great :)

Donpacifico - the Cosmos person I dealt with couldn't have been nicer, when I called for the price there were only 2 rooms left, so they provisionally booked it and let me ring to confirm when I had all my converted vouchers in hand.. didnt get any upgrades..

Have noticed on tripadvisor that people are being stung at Luxor on return for their luggage being overweight.. worth checking out the discussions over there..

Donpacifico
18th February 2008, 15:51
Hi sunshine..

I'm going on the Magic in March.. cant wait! :clap2:

Donpacifico - the Cosmos person I dealt with couldn't have been nicer, when I called for the price there were only 2 rooms left, so they provisionally booked it and let me ring to confirm when I had all my converted vouchers in hand.. didnt get any upgrades..

Have noticed on tripadvisor that people are being stung at Luxor on return for their luggage being overweight worth checking out the discussions over there..

March aint long now, im sure you are getting excited now.
Ive ordered ?1665 in Deals today and am looking to go November 3rd ( i think)

Thanks for info re provisional booking.Done my head in looking at quotes etc, maybe i will give em ring later today for price and then see if they will hold it for me.
Should i say im booking with Clubcard Deals at start of Booking process or wait untill they have given me a final price?

cheeky
18th February 2008, 16:16
You need to let them know before the time as you dont receive a discounted price with book with deals and if you dont she will have to start the booking all over again to ignore discounts.

Thanks

cheeky
18th February 2008, 16:17
If you mean the Monarch plus upgrade I dont think you can pay this with deals BUT you could obviously pay that little bit with cash.
MM. x

http://www.tesco.com/CLUBCARD/DEALS/PRODUCTINFOSHEETS/S6022.PDF

I paid for mine with tesco vbuchers, maybe the call centre clerk was not that clued up, so worth a try.

cheeky
18th February 2008, 16:19
Here is my breakdown, I have received a confirmation email and the tickets will be sent out at the end of feb:

ITEM UNIT PRICE QUANTITY PRICE (?)
Basic Cost ? 635.00 2 ? 1270.00
Board Supplement ? 49.00 2 ? 98.00
Monarch Plus ? 34.00 2 ? 68.00
Fuel Supplement ? 80.00 2 ? 160.00
Total Without Discounts ? 0.00 ? 1596.00

mutley muppet
18th February 2008, 17:52
I paid for mine with tesco vbuchers, maybe the call centre clerk was not that clued up, so worth a try.

Brilliant. Thats good news. :clap2: Thanks.

snowball2
18th February 2008, 18:51
My Mum & her husband went the end of last year, they had a fantastic time, they said that the boat was great and everything was laid on, including alot more excursions than they were expecting. The only complaint they had was the flights with Monarch, they said that they were the most cramped seats they had ever had to endure in a flight. They did pay the extra to go by plane on the one excursion, and it was really worth the money as the coach trip was very long and you missed out on spending time when you got there.

Donpacifico
18th February 2008, 19:22
My Mum & her husband went the end of last year, they had a fantastic time, they said that the boat was great and everything was laid on, including alot more excursions than they were expecting. The only complaint they had was the flights with Monarch, they said that they were the most cramped seats they had ever had to endure in a flight. They did pay the extra to go by plane on the one excursion, and it was really worth the money as the coach trip was very long and you missed out on spending time when you got there.

The cramped seats are putting me off my booking at moment, as i am unable to upgrade to Monach Plus in Nov, yet they are available in oct and Sept. Maybe Nov is too far ahead, so i will wait for my Deals to arrive then give them a call.

bluwkd
18th February 2008, 20:03
March aint long now, im sure you are getting excited now.
Ive ordered ?1665 in Deals today and am looking to go November 3rd ( i think)

Thanks for info re provisional booking.Done my head in looking at quotes etc, maybe i will give em ring later today for price and then see if they will hold it for me.
Should i say im booking with Clubcard Deals at start of Booking process or wait untill they have given me a final price?

5 weeks today to be exact and very excited ;)

As mentioned by cheeky, you should mention you are using deals at the start of booking..

Good luck, hope you get sorted with what you want x

Donpacifico
18th February 2008, 20:07
Thanks Blue, im all maxed out looking at Cosmos site at moment. Hopefully it will be clearer tomorrow.

sunshine
19th February 2008, 09:03
I agree Monarch seats are worst I've ever been on. Egypt is lovely but very tiring. We went on all the optional excursions and found it was a bit much. Cost for excursions was about ?250 each person but there are loads of excursions included if you don't want to do these. Biggest cost was balloon ride(can't remember exact cost-about ?70) and Abu Simbel(about ?90 but we went by plane). We wouldn't have missed either. We gave the guide a few pounds at the beginning of the holiday so she could tip people when we were on the excursions and then we got 2 tipping envelopes on the last day-one for the guide one for the staff on the boat.

cheeky
19th February 2008, 11:09

Snowball which vessel did the go on?

Really being trying to get feedback on Lady Mary but all the feedback is 2006

bluwkd
19th February 2008, 17:39
I agree Monarch seats are worst I've ever been on. Egypt is lovely but very tiring. We went on all the optional excursions and found it was a bit much. Cost for excursions was about ?250 each person but there are loads of excursions included if you don't want to do these. Biggest cost was balloon ride(can't remember exact cost-about ?70) and Abu Simbel(about ?90 but we went by plane). We wouldn't have missed either. We gave the guide a few pounds at the beginning of the holiday so she could tip people when we were on the excursions and then we got 2 tipping envelopes on the last day-one for the guide one for the staff on the boat.

thanks for that sunshine.. :) we definately want to go to Abu Simbel and do the balloon trip.. was reading on trip advisor you can get that half the price if you book it in Luxor, but guess its easier if done by the rep.. was expecting it to be more than ?70 will see how we go on when there, if we have time in Luxor might have a look at prices on offer to see if much difference

snowball2
19th February 2008, 18:19
Snowball which vessel did the go on?

Really being trying to get feedback on Lady Mary but all the feedback is 2006

They booked through Discover Eygypt, but it sounds like all the same boats are used. They were booked on the Viking 3 but were upgraded to the Viking Prem when they got there. The only extra excursions they paid for was the plane flight to Abu Simbal (which they highly reccomend) and a evening light show, everything else was included in the price.

I spoke to Mum and she said none of the seating on their monarch flight was any better, the only seats which were bareable were the ones by the door aisles. She said that the seat trays were even tight against you. Even average sized people were squashed.

Donpacifico
21st February 2008, 14:19
All my Deals came today and i have just booked Nile Cruise on Lady Mary for December, will be on Cruise when its my DW 50th birthday. I took All Inclusive Option.
Cosmos are stopping the Monarch Plus Option from November 1st so just booked 2 seats together. Sales person said any extra room seats would have to be booked directly with Monarch. Holiday priced as
?1515 paid in Deals
2 x ?12 for seats together i had to stump out :mad:
2 x ?20 insurance i had to pay aswell.

So ?64 paid by me and ?1515 by MrT.

Not really sure if i need this insurance and have 10 day cooling off period. I have Annual Worldwide cover but she said i need it to cover my deals in case i have to cancel. So was wandering what other peeps have done, i may well cancel the insurance bit when paperwork comes.
all in all ...well pleased and looking foward to holiday.

So big thanks to PTS in helping me get these Clubcard Points.

ps i want to go to West Indies with Virgin in March and watch some Test Cricket same time.

bluwkd
21st February 2008, 14:28
Yay! - well done Donpacifico, glad you got sorted :)

they never mentioned the insurance when I booked mine, I used travel insurance web, was a bit worried when some said this didnt cover deals, but the invoice I got from cosmos doesn't state I paid in deals vouchers, just gives a total amount so the general thought was that this was ok for the insurance...

I hope so anyway ;)

Donpacifico
21st February 2008, 16:47
Yay! - well done Donpacifico, glad you got sorted :)

they never mentioned the insurance when I booked mine, I used travel insurance web, was a bit worried when some said this didnt cover deals, but the invoice I got from cosmos doesn't state I paid in deals vouchers, just gives a total amount so the general thought was that this was ok for the insurance...

I hope so anyway ;)

Thanks bluwkd i was a little worried before i booked but it all went ok.

I think in leaning towards cancelling their insurance and saving ?40, but i will sleep on that, as holiday is like 10 months away and a lot could happen in 10 months so i havent really decided if i need this or not.