PDA

View Full Version : First thing to do?

pollyanna24
20th February 2008, 13:37
Because Tesco are clamping down on everything by the looks of it, I'm going to convert my vouchers and be done with it.

I take it I don't ring up Virgin with my Tesco vouchers in my hand, I should already have converted them to Virgin vouchers? Is that right? How do I do that?

Should I send them by special delivery? Looking on the special thread for Virgin vouchers, this is recommended, but this is for when you've booked the holiday. Does this mean I will have to send by special delivery twice? I.e. once when I am converting from Tesco to Virgin and one again when I am sending Virgin vouchers off to pay for the holiday?

I have about ?650 worth of Tesco vouchers, so ?2,600 worth of deals. I take it I don't send them all at once. How should I break them down?

pollyanna24
20th February 2008, 13:57
Thanks a lot for that. Even though the amounts are quite large, I should still do them all at once?

I'm not quite sure about which account is what, if that makes sense.

I had two under my name, two under bf's name, and there are some vouchers with both our names on. Am I likely to get caught out if I try putting all the CG Bloggs ones on the same account when in actual fact they are two accounts IYSWIM?

pollyanna24
20th February 2008, 14:11
Thanks a lot for that.

I've separated my vouchers in2 three piles, i.e. mine, his and those with both names.

But I have no way of knowing how to separate mine again into the two accounts that I had under my name. Do you think this matters?

The most I have under one name appears to be ?391.50, i.e. ?1,566. Is this too much to convert at once?

pollyanna24
20th February 2008, 14:49
Looking back at previous threads, it would appear I should have kept them separate from the start and then I would know the diff.

As it's too late for this, if I receive a phone call from Tescos, what can I say?

Khufu
20th February 2008, 16:17
surely the clubcard no is printed on your vouchers adn so you can separate them again - if you can't remember which account is which because they're both virtual log in to one of them and check the number

Personally I think ?150 of vouchers exchanged at once is plenty, but everyone will have their own personal limits

pollyanna24
21st February 2008, 09:42
Thanks for that. I eventually worked out that yes.. they do in fact have the number on them.

I separated them in various piles, made a list of them all, and hopefully it should be okay.

I converted my main one online this morning - ?280 worth into ?1,120. I'm hoping it's not too much. I have been saving them for two years!

I also did one on bf's name - ?112.50 into ?450.

I'm going to wait till they come first (how long does that normally take?) and then do the other piles.

The ones under our joint names I will do last under the main accounts as they don't have their own separate online accounts as they are for Clubcard Plus and Tesco Credit Card.

Does this all sound peachey or am I worrying about nothing?

sidtrix
22nd February 2008, 12:46
normally take 3-4 days however some people have had delays of 10 days now... think it depends on what you have ordered.

pollyanna24
26th February 2008, 10:03
Well I have received my first two lots, wahey!

Waiting for another two that I ordered yesterday and this morning.

When they come, will do the final lots which are not for an awful lot, done the biggies.

And then book my hols for May in St. Lucia, Barbados or Antigua!