PDA

View Full Version : BSM

tesco-tux
21st February 2008, 09:41
Hi has anybody used their deals for driving lesson .As my MIL has vouchers that I wont be able to use because of the MAY 1ST changes in CC t&cs was thinking of changing them for driving lesson for my son who is 17 in july anybody else done this is it a good deal?

:):):):):):)

Our*holiday*fund
21st February 2008, 10:07
i cant remeber the details exactly now, but when i looked at them it was a very bad deal, i remember there basically charging you about ?80 for a book and cd, that you can buy for ?10, possibly cheaper on ebay, or he may even have a friend he can borrow one off, also theres some great websites, think its topass.co.uk, that have basically the same info free,

also bsm are the most expensive, but not the best, if you start by having 4 lessons with them, the idea normally is you carry on with that instructor, so youd have to carry on paying above average prices or have to change to a different car and instructor after the 4 bsm lessons

missstroppy
21st February 2008, 11:17
I want to learn to drive too and looked at the lessons!

Got to be one of the worst deals - value wise, there is?

sandhabibi
21st February 2008, 13:49
i cant remeber the details exactly now, but when i looked at them it was a very bad deal, i remember there basically charging you about ?80 for a book and cd, that you can buy for ?10, possibly cheaper on ebay, or he may even have a friend he can borrow one off, also theres some great websites, think its topass.co.uk, that have basically the same info free,

also bsm are the most expensive, but not the best, if you start by having 4 lessons with them, the idea normally is you carry on with that instructor, so youd have to carry on paying above average prices or have to change to a different car and instructor after the 4 bsm lessons

The first lesson has to be 2 hours. Think 2nd lesson was 2 hrs also but def had to have 2hr at start...The books and cd etc can be got from ebay cheaply...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BSM-BOOK-PASS-YOUR-DRIVING-TEST-AND-A-CD-ROM-NEW_W0QQitemZ170194592402QQihZ007QQcategoryZ105930 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem.
You'd be better selling deals and buying lessons from a instructor.

tesco-tux
21st February 2008, 14:49
thanks everyone will look at something else to spend my deals on

shaun123
11th March 2008, 16:25
BSM also use trainee driving instructors but charge the same rate as someone who is fully qualified. (pink licence for trainee, green for fully qualified.....

Also, it is down to the instructor whether you can book a 1 hour or 2 hour lesson!!!

They only push 2 hours lessons to fill up the instructors diary!!

If you block book ten or more lessons you will be given a discount. If you cancel a lesson(s) you will be charged.

amanda22
11th March 2008, 17:30
I had a couple of lessons with BSM about 18mths ago when I was learning to drive, the guy was a new instructor who didn't know the area, he had been sent from 30 miles away in fairness, on my second lesson he got me to drive around the block for 2 hours!!!!! I wouldn't have minded but I had learnt to drive previously so I wasn't new to driving and he knew this. I wasn't allowed to go into third gear either.:(

I ditched him and went with a local guy and passed first time.:)

I know its just one experience but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

rainbow
11th March 2008, 17:59
DS2 had lessons with BSM. All lessons were 2 hrs. The instructor was very good and DS2 passed 1st time, just over a year ago. All his lessons were paid in deals and there was no problem using them, even though the terms say you can only use one pack. The instructor was quite happy to take them, as he said it saved him handling cash. (That may be down to individual instructors/centres though). I know it's not the best way to use deals, but at the time, there was nothing else I was saving for and it saved a fortune in lessons.

meemo38
11th March 2008, 18:42
My DD is 17 in april, and i was considering this for her BUT she says they are upping the test age t 18, not sure when, so maybe worth checking this one out if you are going to go with the BSM deal, or any instructor for that matter.
Michelle

shaun123
12th March 2008, 09:43
My DD is 17 in april, and i was considering this for her BUT she says they are upping the test age t 18, not sure when, so maybe worth checking this one out if you are going to go with the BSM deal, or any instructor for that matter.
Michelle

If you want information on this then check out the Driving Standards Agency.

Ive only heard this is in the pipeline. They are also going to impose that all learners take 40 professional tuition, and it has to be signed by the instructor.

I would imagine there will be a mad rush before this comes in!