PDA

View Full Version : Tesco Christmas Card Recycling

Gizmos
30th December 2006, 23:42
Yes guys another subtle reminder to be green.

Most large stores will have a huge cardboard container for you to put in your unwanted Christmas Cards, usually there from first week in January. If your like me you also save birthday cards etc to put in as well.

bargain-hunter-uk
30th December 2006, 23:44
Also Sainsbury, Asda, WHSmiths and Boots doing a similar thing, every little helps....the environment!

Gizmos
30th December 2006, 23:46
wouldnt it be nice to get one Green Clubcard point for it

bargain-hunter-uk
30th December 2006, 23:49
i was just thinking the same thing. might even be worthwile purchasing value xmas cards in the 75% off sale, for about 12p for 30, and then cashing them in for points at a return of 4p per card! if only!....

Gizmos
30th December 2006, 23:52
i was just thinking the same thing. might even be worthwile purchasing value xmas cards in the 75% off sale, for about 12p for 30, and then cashing them in for points at a return of 4p per card! if only!....

we're on the same wavelength here - and if worse comes to worse would write them to myself!

bargain-hunter-uk
31st December 2006, 00:07
lol! sad isn't it!

colman
4th January 2007, 10:31
Just seen on the website that you can give your xmas cards to the delivery driver and he will take them back to the store and put them in recycling for you.
Save a trip to the store.

DaisyChain
4th January 2007, 10:38
I saw that too, 5 mins after the delivery driver left !

penfold
4th January 2007, 11:14
pity they don't give you a point for each one.......think I would be out collecting all the neighbours ones!!!!!:D

Herbaholic
4th January 2007, 11:54
pity they don't give you a point for each one.......think I would be out collecting all the neighbours ones!!!!!:D
LOL now I'd do that as well! I've already turned our old cards in to gift tags for next year and the backs of them are in a pile in a shoe box to be used for shopping lists etc All I have to do is remember where I put them come Xmas lol!

zoot
4th January 2007, 12:24
LOL now I'd do that as well! I've already turned our old cards in to gift tags for next year and the backs of them are in a pile in a shoe box to be used for shopping lists etc All I have to do is remember where I put them come Xmas lol!

Done that for the last few years and have such a box full now that this years cards are going to be recycled. Must put them in the car for next time I go in store.

ploverpalace
4th January 2007, 14:30

Thats a great idea! Have already recycled this years, so might give it a go next yr...if i remember!!!

Gizmos
29th December 2008, 16:51
bump