PDA

View Full Version : 241 BA voucher early due to BA glitch

cannyscot
11th March 2008, 11:15
My 241 voucher was e-mailed yesterday although I was carefully monitoring and have not gone over the spend. It seems paymenta were entered twice in March -not sure if just us our everyone-and then one payment was recredited so the system took that as additional spend.

Another time this would be good but not now as I was waiting to make sure it triggered at the right time for us!

I'm hoping they take it back-strange as that sounds.

jen
15th March 2008, 18:25
Got my 241 yesterday by email. Bit annoyed as my statement date is much later in the month and this is when I have been told I would be awarded my 241. I had actually telephone Amex in November because I saw some flights I would have used to see if spending my 10,000 would trigger the 241 before the statment date that month and they have said no way, the 241 will only be issued on your statement date.

Phoned them this morning and no luck at all putting it back to original date,they offered some ba miles but not the point, they said for the last few months the system has been changed and from now on due to customer demand the 241 will be triggered immediately you hit the 10,000 spend.

chipsdog
19th May 2008, 14:16
Got my 241 yesterday by email. Bit annoyed as my statement date is much later in the month and this is when I have been told I would be awarded my 241. I had actually telephone Amex in November because I saw some flights I would have used to see if spending my 10,000 would trigger the 241 before the statment date that month and they have said no way, the 241 will only be issued on your statement date.

Phoned them this morning and no luck at all putting it back to original date,they offered some ba miles but not the point, they said for the last few months the system has been changed and from now on due to customer demand the 241 will be triggered immediately you hit the 10,000 spend.

The same thing has happened to me, I am so annoyed it is too early. Can I ask how many BA Miles did they offer you as a sweetner?

Has anyone had any luck in getting the date extended on a 241??

thanks

jen
19th May 2008, 16:35
Derisory 2000 miles, I escalated the complaint (and I am quite good at complaining and being polite but assertive!) but they weren't going to budge. Trouble is if you escalate the claim beyond a certain level it takes longer and therefore you may miss the flights you wanted.
Good luck.

JANED9388
8th June 2008, 10:01
Any update on this ?

is it definately issued when you hit the 10 K and not on statement date ?, I thought it was statement, but seem to have got mine on 16/05 which is when I think I hit the 10 K despite statement not being due till 27th.
Doesn't matter on this occasion but it will next time and I only have a few days leeway so need to be sure.

thanks - jane

jen
8th June 2008, 10:22
Any update on this ?

is it definately issued when you hit the 10 K and not on statement date ?, I thought it was statement, but seem to have got mine on 16/05 which is when I think I hit the 10 K despite statement not being due till 27th.
Doesn't matter on this occasion but it will next time and I only have a few days leeway so need to be sure.

thanks - jane

Definitely on the date you hit 10,000, I spoke to various supervisors at the time this happened to me. I was fuming at the time because I had phoned a couple of months before to check this point and was told it was the statement date. But then when my 241 was triggered early I was told the procedure had been changed and it was now date you hit 10,000. In the end I booked to south africa and I am happy with that.
Another point to watch for is they charged us the full price for the card despite having a platinum amex card. Phoned and they refunded money to bring down the cost to 30 as expected.
What plans have you got for holidays, always looking for inspiration because we are well on our way with our next 241!

JANED9388
8th June 2008, 10:37
Thanks for the confirmation - going to have to be very carefull with this.

Just back from Bermuda via Miami - Bermuda is beautiful and although expensive not to bad at the mo with the good dollar, but don't forget it's a long way north of the carribean, so don't think about it for winter !.

Next trip with the 2-4-1 just triggered is Vegas and then skiing Mammoth Mountain via a long drive through death valley for my hubby's 40th and then the one after that is xmas 2009/2010 with my parents to Hawaii.
No experience in Hawaii at all so anyone who has been and can give help it would be appreciated. This is the one that is causing problems as we have to co-ordinate 2 x 2-4-1 with my parents who don't think they can hit the spend limit due to being retired. I'm going to call and see if I can get an extra card on their account to help out.

jen
8th June 2008, 11:10
They sound good, would love to do the las vegas/mammoth mountain but OH not a skier so a bit boring for him. I really fancy Hawai (and also Bali) but don't think they are on ba routes so can only use 241 to Los Angeles, would be interested in any feedback you get on best/cheapest way to get there.
Was the sea warm enough for swimming in Bermuda, friends went there in April, loved it but said the sea a bit cold.

Raffles
8th June 2008, 11:43
BA doesn't fly to Hawaii. If you search on the BA forum on Flyertalk this has been discussed a few times along with potential routes, but you'll end up paying cash for the connection.

Barbados is substantially easier. Hawaii is about as far as it is physically possible to fly from the UK going east-west, whilst Barbados is just 9 hours, has amazing beaches and hotels, is not full of Americans or the stuff that comes with them (ie McDonalds) and is easily done on a 2-4-1.

JANED9388
8th June 2008, 12:41
gotta be hawaii I'm afraid, it's been 3 years planned ! - I know we have to pay from LA onwards but mum and hubby want to go to pearl harbour and I want to do the 30+ mile downhill bike ride from the top of the mountain and dive the sunken volcano. Loud Americans we can just ignore (sorry if there are any reading !!)