PDA

View Full Version : Question about using deals for magazine subscription

geegely
8th January 2007, 13:32
Hi all,
Just a quick question - has anybody used deals for getting magazine subscription? I am planning to do this next month as a gift, but don't know whether you can do it to go to someone else, and if you can, will it be obvious that it came via Tesco?
All advice welcome!
:cool:

Hummer
8th January 2007, 13:38
Tesco send you a redemption form, which you then send off again.
You fill in the persons name and address and no they wont know how it was paid for unless you tell them.

plantpot
8th January 2007, 13:38
When you click to add a magazine subscription from the deals site. They will post you your deals tokens and a form to fill the details of where you want the magazines to go. You then send this off with the tokens and should recieve a confirmation letter.

nettie_b
8th January 2007, 18:53
I gave Readers Digest last year as a xmas gift - I mean finally got round to sending forms off about May!!

well... :88:

penfold
8th January 2007, 19:45
I bought a few of these at christmas as presents :o ...very good, only took about 2 weeks from sending back the redemption voucher you get from Tesco until the recipient received their confirmation letter.

geegely
9th January 2007, 07:38
Thanks guys! I'll get on to it in Feb then!

Ermintrude
30th August 2007, 11:19
thinking ahead to Christmas (sorry! but baby due boxing day so got to get started!) I've been looking at the magazine deals

has anyone done this before as a gift subscription?

do you get anything to give to the giftee? (is that a word?!) I'd prefer NOT to give them the deals vouchers, but to arrange it all for them (less hassle for them and then they don't need to know Mr T paid :D )

also timing - I want to make sure the first issue doesn't arrive until after Christmas, so does it need to start for February issue? (you know thyey're dated weeks ahead normally!)

any other tips?

GemLou
30th August 2007, 13:15
Hopefully I will know a bit more later as my mum wants some help with her voucher. It came today only ordered Monday.

Mum needs to send voucher off to Prima special delivery but should think thgat you will be able to get vouchers sent to you but then put person to send to in another box as that is what I could do with the BSM voucher (gift for my daughter and whether it was a surprise or not).

Hope this helps.

wwcrazy
30th August 2007, 13:19
I got my daughter cosmo last xmas. Seem to remember I gave her an envelope with the magazine subscription inside. It was easy to arrange and the magazine came addressed to her

Mamzie
30th August 2007, 22:15
I did this last christmas.

You get a form to fill in, then I think I actually put the accompanying letter into a christmas card for our oldest 2.

Top Gear and Cosmo...

Unfortunately the freebies are not with the cosmo mag, only in the store copies.

Ermintrude
30th August 2007, 22:57
it's for my father in law, so I wasn't thinking of Cosmo....... :lol:

I was looking at the Decanter magazine, that and as case of wine of course ;)

thanks for the replies :)

moneylover
3rd September 2007, 19:39
you will get a little gift card that you can give to the recipient that shows that you have bought the mag for them for a year. The subscription seems to take up to three weeks to be sorted on average

orchid-96
8th September 2007, 10:34
I want to get my dad a years subscription to Top Gear Mag with my clubcard deals.. I went on to start to purchase and it comes up with a messsage when you start of 'deals can only be delivered to the address of the clubcard holder' but I obviously want it delivered to his address...

Has anyone done this as a gift? and if so, was there a bit later on to supply a delivery address? and also, will I be able to do it now, but specify that I want it to start from January? or should I wait till December to do it?

rainbow
8th September 2007, 10:41
You choose the deal you want, ie Top Gear mag, then they send you a token for the subscription and a form which you send off to get the mag. Just put your Dad's name as the recipient. Easy peasy!

orchid-96
8th September 2007, 10:45
Thanks for that, I don't know why I didn't realise that :der:

Threebabes
4th October 2007, 18:58
Hi

Going to order a few mag subscriptions for xmas presents, will I get a card or something to pass to them on xmas day to show weve got them a subscription?

Also I dont want the first issue to start until January/February, when would be the best time to send off my vouchers to the magazine people? Ive already ordered my coupons off tesco.

Threebabes
4th October 2007, 19:26
Hi

Ive sent off for some magazine vouchers for subscriptions for xmas presents, does anyone know if I get sent a card or note etc to give the person on xmas day ? :confused:

glorious
4th October 2007, 19:30
Thanks for posting this i was thinking of doing the same.Does anyone know if the topgear magazine subscription comes with the free gifts??

aeu569v
4th October 2007, 19:36
Hi

Going to order a few mag subscriptions for xmas presents, will I get a card or something to pass to them on xmas day to show weve got them a subscription?

Also I dont want the first issue to start until January/February, when would be the best time to send off my vouchers to the magazine people? Ive already ordered my coupons off tesco.

Hi sent off for prima mag about 4 weeks ago,i received conformation from the distributor in the form of a letter,telling you when you will receive the first mailing,the first issue arrived today totally hassle free.

Threebabes
4th October 2007, 19:39
Hi sent off for prima mag about 4 weeks ago,i received conformation from the distributor in the form of a letter,telling you when you will receive the first mailing,the first issue arrived today totally hassle free.

If it was for a gift for someone else tho, would I get a card or something to give them to show what their present was?

aeu569v
4th October 2007, 19:42
If it was for a gift for someone else tho, would I get a card or something to give them to show what their present was?

All we got was a letter stating which mag was coming and for how long,you could always put that in a card...

Threebabes
4th October 2007, 19:52
All we got was a letter stating which mag was coming and for how long,you could always put that in a card...

Did it mention in the letter that you had paid with tesco deals?

:)

zoot
4th October 2007, 20:44
Im sure you will get sent something otherwise they will not know who the present is from will they?
Not done it myself.

Anyone else tried and can help Threebabes out?

ruthie
4th October 2007, 21:10
My Mum did it for my OH, she sent off for the deal, then they sent her a form back to fill in the name and address of the recipient - my OH.
I suppose you would order the deal, then give the form as a gift for the person to fill in the details and send off.

2 for ?2.50
1st November 2007, 19:03
Hi,
I want to order an Empire Magazine subscription for my cousins birthday and would like it to be delivered to him.
If I order the subscription through Tesco deals, will they send me a form which I can fill in just before his birthday with his details, is that right?
Thanks alot!

wwcrazy
1st November 2007, 20:07
Ive not had empire mag, but thats what happened when I bought cosmo

zoot
1st November 2007, 21:30
Think thats right 2 for ?2.50

2 for ?2.50
1st November 2007, 23:14
Thankyou both :)

clareo122
2nd November 2007, 18:20
is that the same for all mags?? Just thinking of doing one for my Dad for xmas

jasmin
2nd November 2007, 18:54
Yes information correct. My friend did this for her sisters birthday,

artydoll
18th November 2007, 14:08
Just ordered Dr Who magazine subscription , new in Tesco Deals ,for my grandson ,26 copies ,as an extra Christmas present .
He will be well pleased .

:xmas-smiley-003::xmas-smiley-001::xmas-smiley-045:

WELSH-DRAGON
18th November 2007, 14:19
yes I am planning to do this today when little eyes are not watching me and I want to order some vouchers for goldsmiths BUT they seem soooooo pricey (off to look at goldsmith thread now)

Welshy x

f1girly
18th November 2007, 16:11
It's an excellent magazine, mine have loved having it this year, allways has a good amount of freebies on it as well.

siennahue
18th November 2007, 17:17
:bump:

I'm wondering the same thing! I've ordered some mags for family and have sent off the forms filled out as a gift subscription, does anyone know if I will be sent confirmation or a gift card or anything?

Thanks

Sienna

jonquil
18th November 2007, 17:19
when i did one last year they sent me a form for the details and if you tick that its a gift they send you the confirmaion with a gift card to give.

siennahue
18th November 2007, 17:27
Thank you Jonquil :D

Sienna

meemo38
18th November 2007, 18:37
If i bought some deals vouchers from ebay, would i just tell the seller that i want magazine deals, how would it work, would i need to state which magaine deal it was, i dont want to use my coupons, but dont mind buying a few just for mag subsriptions if the price was right.
Any advice???
Michelle

Maverick
18th November 2007, 18:47
Ask the seller to do a gift sub for you or to convert to deal of your choice should be fine

cannyscot
27th November 2007, 22:03
If i bought some deals vouchers from ebay, would i just tell the seller that i want magazine deals, how would it work, would i need to state which magaine deal it was, i dont want to use my coupons, but dont mind buying a few just for mag subsriptions if the price was right.
Any advice???
Michelle

Hi

Did you do this? Do you tell the ebay seller the name and address of the person to make the gift subscription to -or are they saying initially a box is ticked to say gift sub and then a form comes which the seller can send to you and you fill in your intended receipients address?

HELLO_KITTY
27th November 2007, 22:09
how long does it take for the magazines to arrive after you send the forms off ? just curious

cannyscot
27th November 2007, 22:12
Oh I just been through every magazine post -mocs , tesco mage etc and eventually found this .

http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14795&highlight=magazine+subscription

So you get a deal voucher and a form to send to the magazine people on which you put the name and address of the person you want it to go to.

cannyscot
27th November 2007, 22:14
how long does it take for the magazines to arrive after you send the forms off ? just curious

Hi

Somone on the many threads I have just read says it took 4 weeks from sending the form to the magazine distributor to receiving Prima magazine.

zoot
28th November 2007, 11:37
my nephew received his first Match magazine yesterday. I sent the form off a few weeks ago.

colman
10th December 2007, 09:41
I sent off a magazine subscription about a month ago and have heard nothing from them. It was the good food magazine and now i need to contact them but can't find the address/tel no of where i sent it. Having looked on deals, it just sends a link to bbc website - anyone got any ideas.

ta

NitWit
10th December 2007, 09:46
I don't know much about mags, but I am about to send one off too. Is is a BBC mag? If so the address is

BBC Magazines
PO Box 279
Sittingbourne
Kent
ME9 8DF

clockwatcher
10th December 2007, 09:47
Found the subscriber enquiries number: 01795 414 740 - might help, or at least be able to give you the right address/phone number if that's not the right department.

colman
10th December 2007, 11:33
thanks guys - have called them and they have copy if recorded they have received it they are sending paper work out - which is good, didn't bother sending it recorded as it was only for a magazine - but at least its got there safely...

mumof4
8th January 2008, 17:20
Can't seem to see this anywhere -

Does anyone know if you get the cover free gifts that come with the mag when you subscribe to it.

Grace & Favour
8th January 2008, 17:51

Does anyone know if you get the cover free gifts that come with the mag when you subscribe to it.

I would have thought so - that's one of the benefits of sub's

mintymoo
10th January 2008, 20:23
I think I remember reading somewhere thjat if it is a subscription you do not receive free gift, just get magazine!:(

jejawill
12th January 2008, 16:03
I did a Prima sub,& didn't get the free gifts.

mhoc
15th January 2008, 11:19
On MSE there is a magazine thread on the discounts forum and Delicious is listed as a magazine that does send subscribers gifts.

Hector
15th January 2008, 11:53
In the past I have had subscriptions to Tatler and Harpers and never got the free gifts that were available to in store purchasers. My Husband has had a subcription to Top Gear Magazine (BBC publications) for many years and in the past has received free gifts, such as key rings, DVD's, books (usually by Clarkson !) Don't now if he has had anything recently though.

sidtrix
17th January 2008, 11:15
Am afraid..most of the mags dont give you the free gifts when subscribing (the free gifts are there to lure\reel them in...)
You're already on the hook :)

meemo38
8th March 2008, 18:04
I got a subscription for Ride magazine at xmas, and we have moved i cant find the letter with the info on, i found the Dr Who one and it would have been with that, and we havnt had this months issue, we are having mail re directed, does anyone happen to have the info for the subscription departent???
Michelle

Hector
9th March 2008, 12:06
My Husband has a subscription to Ride Magazine. The Address is
Greatmagazines
Tower house
Lathkill Street
Sovereign Park
Market Harborough
Leicestershire
LE16 9EF

www. greatmagazines.co.uksubscriberservices
emap@subscription.co.uk

Phone: 0870 122 2672

Hope that helps.

meemo38
10th March 2008, 12:17
Thankyou:D

sahararose
15th April 2008, 10:39
I'm sure this has been asked here, but can't find the thread.

When you use deals to pay for magazines subsricptions, do you get the free gift that usually goes with a subscription ?

Thank you ! xx

mhoc
15th April 2008, 11:07
Some do, theres a list on the MSE mags thread.

We get Gardeners World and Top Gear and both of these come with the cover gifts. I think House Beautiful will as well

angelbee
15th April 2008, 11:16
Kids National Geographic comes with the cover gifts.

jenni
15th April 2008, 11:57
You get the cover gift - but you don't often get the free gift with subscription which is advertised in the magazine. If you want that go through quidco and get cashback then cancel later on.

sahararose
16th April 2008, 11:35
brilliant ...thanks for your answers !

xx

amandaj67
20th May 2008, 11:04
Hi All

I've just recieved my deals order. I ordered 3 different subscriptions.

Would it be advisable to send them off by recorded delivery as im not sure where i would stand if they went missing in the post.

What does everyone else do?

Thanks Amanda

Vallich
20th May 2008, 15:49
Hi there.

Was thinking about getting the CBeebies magazine with deals for dd, but thought I'd check here first if anyone knew if it came with whatever toy was attached to the front of the magazine in shops of if it was only the magazine.

I remember a subscription to another magazine that I had where you didn't get the gift attached in shops.

Thought I'm best to check first.
Thanks.

jonquil
20th May 2008, 16:07
I've got the cBeebies sub through Tesco deals and it comes every Wednesday in the post with the toys/free gifts attached
HTH

cte1111
20th May 2008, 16:57
Yes my kids fight over the toy every Wednesday, so slightly regretting my purchase at times, but they do get their money's worth out of it.

icho
20th May 2008, 17:51
Yep can also confirm it does and dd1 knows it arrives on Wednesday!!

Vallich
20th May 2008, 19:54
Thanks for all the replies. Think I will definitely put some of my deals towards this. I'm sure dd will be over the moon with it.
Will rep you all.
Thanks again.

Vallich
20th May 2008, 19:54
Thanks for all the replies. Think I will definitely put some of my deals towards this. I'm sure dd will be over the moon with it.
Will rep you all.
Thanks again.

TetrisX
20th May 2008, 20:09
Given the state of the postal service I wouldn't send anything of value regular post. However as these are in effect cash vouchers, you will probably find they are not covered by Recorded and would have to go Special.

Perhaps a postie can confirm.

Maldives
20th May 2008, 21:03
Definately send them special delivery... recorded is not worth the paper it's written on..