PDA

View Full Version : Gift cards on EBay - whaddya reckon to these?

DebbieE
24th March 2008, 08:53
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ARGOS-GIFT-CARD-ONE-ONLY-99-00-4-66-00_W0QQitemZ180226743228QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item18 0226743228

Good discounts but do u reckon these are genuine? Has lots of cards for sale - but 14 days for delivery? :confused:

All immediate payment too.....

DaisyChain
24th March 2008, 08:57
I was intrigued too - they've been listing for a while

I actually took a chance on a Tesco £30 for £20 but I know its a gamble

Will post if it turns up

sammybear
24th March 2008, 08:58
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ARGOS-GIFT-CARD-ONE-ONLY-99-00-4-66-00_W0QQitemZ180226743228QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item18 0226743228

Good discounts but do u reckon these are genuine? Has lots of cards for sale - but 14 days for delivery? :confused:

hi, ive seen these before he puts them on quite regular i think, for all different amounts.
I dont understand the 14 days delivery though ? thats whats always put me off !
He has good feedback though :confused:

S :)

Gizmos
24th March 2008, 08:58
didnt think you could sell omething on ebay that you didnt physical have??

DebbieE
24th March 2008, 09:12
And all 1 day listings....am tempted by Argos & Debenhams (lol!)...but something doesn't feel quite right

Gizmos
24th March 2008, 09:13
lol you are joking re Debenhams - lol - just found my £10 paper voucher yesterday afternoon added it to the team winings -
if something doesnt feel right steer clear

sammybear
24th March 2008, 09:13
And all 1 day listings....am tempted by Argos & Debenhams (lol!)...but something doesn't feel quite right

yeah same here, i just didnt feel comfortable with it !! was tempted but opted out !

DebbieE
24th March 2008, 09:17
Praps he's 1 to keep an eye on when he does some more - keep us posted folks. Hope all works out ok

penfold
24th March 2008, 09:20
I have posted about this seller before and got a reply from another member on here saying that they have bought from them before and would recommend them.

Still got to pluck up the courage myself though :p

DaisyChain
24th March 2008, 09:22
I know its a gamble

What actually persuaded me to chance my hard earned £20 is that they've been selling them for well over the 14 days stated for delivery (more like a month that I can see) and not had bad feedback yet (or been kicked out LOL)

LOL Boo, I'll have fingers crossed too

Trying to avoid a B&Q one for £66

penfold
24th March 2008, 09:24
I know its a gamble

What actually persuaded me to chance my hard earned £20 is that they've been selling them for well over the 14 days stated for delivery (more like a month that I can see) and not had bad feedback yet (or been kicked out LOL)

LOL Boo, I'll have fingers crossed too

Trying to avoid a B&Q one for £66

Hmm, imagine how many plants you could buy for £99 :D

DaisyChain
24th March 2008, 09:26
After new garden furniture and have fallen in love with a set with solar powered lights all over the parasol ! Only went for a cabinet leg LOL

sandhabibi
24th March 2008, 09:29
It says add £4 to P&P for next day guarenteed so may be worth adding it for piece of mind...

penfold
24th March 2008, 09:34
OK...at the risk of being a lemming, have decided to go for it :behindsofa:

As Boo says, even if it just for petrol!

DaisyChain
24th March 2008, 09:34
Don't know if it means they'll send faster or just send it that way in 14 days. If they use special delivery and you sign for it there would be nothing to stop them sending an empty envelope

Ina way, better chance of a chargeback if they don't use a trackable service !

Suspicious aren't I ?

penfold
24th March 2008, 09:35
Don't know if it means they'll send faster or just send it that way in 14 days. If they use special delivery and you sign for it there would be nothing to stop them sending an empty envelope

Ina way, better chance of a chargeback if they don't use a trackable service !

Suspicious aren't I ?

No, just realistic!:)

DaisyChain
24th March 2008, 09:36
OK...at the risk of being a lemming, have decided to go for it :behindsofa:

As Boo says, even if it just for petrol!

I'm going to shut up now before I lead anyone else astray

Off to argue with sensible self about the B&Q one. Would give me a third off the set which is soooo tempting

angelic
24th March 2008, 09:39
I'm with Daisychain on this one.....I would be very wary of bidding for any of these vouchers and hope it works out OK for those who have won them.

14 day delivery seems a bit odd....private listings means the item doesn't show in feedback and you can't check with the winner if the voucher was as supposed to be....no photo of the Gift Card....no proof from seller to show Card actually has anything on it.

He does have good feedback, but only a few comments actually indicate voucher purchases.
There is one negative comment from 6 March which makes me wonder if the amounts may not be genuine?

Having them sent by Special Delivery doesn't really help as you have to sign for the Card at which point you don't know if it has the specified amount on it or not. Nothing stopping him sending an envelope with a piece of card in and no voucher :(
It would however help the seller as he has proof of delivery if you had to file a PayPal Dispute ;)

DebbieE
24th March 2008, 09:41
The way I read the listing is u pay the extra for postage & would be sent g'teed on despatch ie, in 14 days

DebbieE
24th March 2008, 12:03
OMG - gone & done it & bought an Argos card - fingers crossed. I take it we are protected by paypal if he's a shizeter?

Wishes
24th March 2008, 13:21
According to Goofbay in last 30 days he's done this amount!:eek::eek::shocked: WOW!

nolimitsworldwide - 329 sales in 30 DAYS :eek::shocked::eek:

Items Sold: 69.85%
Total Value Sold: £10987.68
Total Value Not Sold: £4551.70

in 120 days - Hmmmm Put a bit of a spurt on hasn't he!:eek:
nolimitsworldwide -438 results

Items Sold: 62.3%
Total Value Sold: £14124.65
Total Value Not Sold: £7328.10

nolimitsworldwide - 439 results
Items Sold: 62.45%
Total Value Sold: £14190.65
Total Value Not Sold: £7262.60
Sold Item Fees: £364.72
Unsold Item Fees: £169.12

248 items sold since 9th March. :eek:feedback just 133 & a member since Nov 2005:eek::shocked::eek::behindsofa:

Hmmmmmm from perfume to gift cards :eek:- why are my alarm bells ringing??

Where does someone get so many gift cards? Why sell them at 25-33% discount (more like 30-40% after Paypal/ebay fees).:der:

OMG Peeps - be careful!!:shocked:
PRIVATE FEEDBACK - Has anyone who has bought one of the cards left feedback? - you DON'T KNOW!!!!! It appears it's a dormant account that perfume was sold on from just December 2007 & the feedback was rapidly won. NOTHING has been bought on this account. Hmmmmmmmmm

angelic
24th March 2008, 14:14
Sorry to say it looks rather worse now Wishes has put up the stats from Goofbay :shocked:

I wouldn't like to say what protection you would have from PayPal if the vouchers arrive and don't have the specified amount on them....

If you find the voucher isn't for the stated amount, you would have to proide proof to PayPal of that being the case.
Not sure how you would stand as it would be your word against the seller :(
In such an event the £500 buyer protection is really not a guarantee.

I suspect the "14 day delivery" is to give him time to empty his PayPal account. However, in the event of a successful chargeback claim, that wouldn't particularly help him as PayPal will chase him for the money.
Nothing stopping him from registering with false details and a bank account opened only for these transactions :(

If this seller is a scammer, he is far from the first to use the vouchers ploy. It is a well known scam on Ebay :mad:

Gizmos
24th March 2008, 14:16
and I was tempted to sell my winnings from the Quidco cup on ebay - lol will just splurge

missstroppy
24th March 2008, 14:19
I was going to buy the tesco ones a few days ago...esp as on a budget.....Kinda glad i didn't as at the moment that kind of loss would havbe crippled us. But will be waiting for posts of Good News from fellow PTS'ers. Fingers crossed for you guys x

(Just a quick question......How long to credit funds to bank a/c and close a/c? :eek: )

angelic
24th March 2008, 14:42
Transferring money from PayPal account to bank account takes 7-9 working days. Hence alarm bells ringing at 14 day delivery on something the seller should have in hand and very easy to put in an envelope and post.

Closing a PayPal account would be pretty quick if you were a scammer, ditto with a bank account. If it is a scam, I expect both will have been opened in a false identity :(

I so hope I am wrong, but so many warning lights are lit up :(

DebbieE
24th March 2008, 14:45
Would anyone who has not bought like to ask him why the 14 days? I'm too chicken!

Irishsmurfy
24th March 2008, 14:54
I've just emailed the seller the following:

Hi there

Can I please ask if its possible to pick these gift cards up from you in person and pay cash?? My brother lives near where you are based so would like to pick some giftcards up. I am thinking of around £300 worth in total of various gift cards so would not want to trust the post system with so many.

Thanks

So we'll wait and see if I get any response. Good luck PTSers - I really hope this isn't a scammer but something smells funny.

suziq
24th March 2008, 14:56
looks like a slow poster, feedback is ok, lots of peeps bought multiple items, cant be all bad

mum1964
24th March 2008, 14:58
I got stung via this sort of method a few years ago, I paid £20 for £40 worth of WH smith vouchers, no sign of money, seller or goods. He may be legit.
But please remember that if it seems to good to be true it usually is. I would hate anyone to be caught.

suziq
24th March 2008, 14:59
lol, shows what i know then!

DebbieE
24th March 2008, 15:13
I've checked out 1 buyer who has bought card/vouchers & left positive feedback & they have a 99.9% feedback on nearly 8,000 transactions (only 1 neg in last year of 2,200 transactions)

Wishes
24th March 2008, 15:54
DebbieE
How do you KNOW they bought card/vouchers & not perfume???
Everyone PLEASE look at their past auctions - put in 'gift card' & it appears they only stated selling these since 9th March & boy have they sold loads!

Does anyone else who is more ebay savvy have any other way to look at their sales via ebay OR another method.

Sorry DebbieE but they look FAR too suspicious for my liking. They started off selling £20 cards & it looks to me as if they thought that was so easy they now seem to deal with £100 cards. I may be wrong but something doesn't look at all right. I think it looks like they're going all out now to get as much money in as possible & then disappear.

Come on - Gift cards ARE NOT sold by retailers at a discount. You are either dealing with money laundering (but looks too traceable) OR flat out fraud - & they look to be upping their take as quickly as they can.

Can anyone look into it more? Any ebay wizards out there?

DebbieE - I hope I'm wrong, for your sake, BUT fear I'm not. If it looks too good to be true - the reason is - it probably is!

Are gift cards covered by Ebay/Paypal protection??? Claims must be for payments for tangible, physical goods that can be posted, and not all other payments, such as payments for intangibles, for services or for licenses and other access to digital content.

Irishsmurfy
24th March 2008, 16:01
I haven't had any reply to my request to pick up cards from them and pay cash on collection yet. I don't suppose I will either!! I must admit I am suspicious too - I only hope I'm wrong!!

Wishes
24th March 2008, 16:29
OMG look at these 170204244740 £300 ones!!!

Look at sellers feedback & then look at the people who have bought & their feedback - what they have bought & sold mainly to each other -:eek::shocked::eek:

Bargepole comes to mind:eek:

****** hell - how do they know who is supposedly selling/buying from whom? To me it looks like 1 person selling to themselves - anyone else?
Now the sting comes £300 a pop!!! OMG:behindsofa::eek::shocked:

Irishsmurfy
24th March 2008, 16:54
OMG - all the feedback left for them is from people (if they even exist) who supposedly have received the item within 24 hours of auction end. In some case feedback left within 15 minutes of auction end. These ebayers have been noticed before - stay clear!!!

Wishes
24th March 2008, 17:07
These too 160221937392
HOW do they know who they are from one day to the next.:confused::noidea:
They've built this feedback up - from each other - over 3-4 months:nono:

Start selling £20-£25 of vouchers to each other - but I have noticed some people, who do look genuine, managed to buy a few. Bet they were mad when they actually had to buy a few!:boxing:

It's VERY clever how they do it - sell one or a couple at £100 (to themselves, of course!) then go for the jugular!:eyebrows::noidea:

There are SOOOOOO many of them - it just becomes obvious when you look at feedback & then on goofbay as buyers & sellers - the same names come up!

OMG - it's a minefield out there!

angelic
24th March 2008, 18:03
Does anyone else who is more ebay savvy have any other way to look at their sales via ebay OR another method.

I'll have a look later if I have time, but think you have covered the checks I would use ie Ebay / Goofbay searches.

[QUOTE=Wishes;508213]Are gift cards covered by Ebay/Paypal protection??? Claims must be for payments for tangible, physical goods that can be posted, and not all other payments, such as payments for intangibles, for services or for licenses and other access to digital content.

[QUOTE=angelic;508091] I posted this earlier -

I wouldn't like to say what protection you would have from PayPal if the vouchers arrive and don't have the specified amount on them....

If you find the voucher isn't for the stated amount, you would have to proide proof to PayPal of that being the case.
Not sure how you would stand as it would be your word against the seller :(
In such an event the £500 buyer protection is really not a guarantee.

I suspect the "14 day delivery" is to give him time to empty his PayPal account. However, in the event of a successful chargeback claim, that wouldn't particularly help him as PayPal will chase him for the money.
Nothing stopping him from registering with false details and a bank account opened only for these transactions :(

I would suggest anyone who has bought these vouchers who is now concerned about their purchase should contact Ebay Live Help as soon as possible -
https://cschatlb-na.corp.ebay.com/chat.asp?profile=15

You could report your transaction to Ebay, but as it takes up to 48 hours for s response, Live Help is the way to get immediate assistance.

PayPal are not working over the holiday so no use trying to phone them until tomorrow :(

If you paid via your credit card, contact your card provider to see if they will allow a reversal of your payment.
I don't have personal experience of doing this, but if you explain you suspect the transaction may be fraudulent, they may help you.

If you paid via PayPal balance, unfortunately there isn't a lot you can do until you can phone PayPal tomorrow.
If your payment was funded from your bank account, contact your bank, I am not sure how helpful they will be as the payment just may not have been debited yet due to the Bank Holiday. I believe once debited, they may not be able to help.

The more I think about this, the cleverer the scammer is - by pricing the vouchers the way he has, he can instantly transfer each individual payment received to his bank. Minimum transfer is £50 :(

penfold
24th March 2008, 18:51
I have spoken to ebay helpline regarding the original seller mentioned. They have checked and some of the feedback received recently is for gift cards, there are no disputes pending and they have made contact recently with the seller...in their words, they can't see any problems and no reason to suspect hijacked accounts etc..

The woman said to me their guidance is to advise people to reverse payments if they have any concerns re a seller but she thinks this one is OK.

So fingers crossed :rolleyes:

glorious
24th March 2008, 19:03
I had a similar experience a while back it was over perfume i saw this perfume i really liked and had a question re the perfume so i emailed the seller (there was 1 bid on the item)i had a reply from the seller only i noticed it wasnt under the sellers id it was under the bidders!!!So i contacted ebay and they got their account suspended.Unfortunately there are dodgy characters on ebay just as there is anywhere:(

DebbieE
24th March 2008, 19:21
I have spoken to ebay helpline regarding the original seller mentioned. They have checked and some of the feedback received recently is for gift cards, there are no disputes pending and they have made contact recently with the seller...in their words, they can't see any problems and no reason to suspect hijacked accounts etc..

The woman said to me their guidance is to advise people to reverse payments if they have any concerns re a seller but she thinks this one is OK.

So fingers crossed :rolleyes:

I've been on the live chat - they understood the concerns but basically can't do much until the 14 days postage time given. At least ebay seem to think he's ok. He may just be selling the cards /vouchers cheap/at a loss to get his tax bill down with the end of the tax year coming up.

Fingers, arms, eyes & legs crossed!

fluffybunny
24th March 2008, 19:24

Look at sellers feedback & then look at the people who have bought & their feedback - what they have bought & sold mainly to each other -:eek::shocked::eek:

****** hell - how do they know who is supposedly selling/buying from whom? To me it looks like 1 person selling to themselves - anyone else?

i think this particular seller in the listing you quote Wishes ( 170204244740 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170204244740&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsearch%2F search.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle% 3D170204244740%2B%26fvi%3D1 )has been setting this up for a long time....

look at my previous thread... http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=20498

they're all leaving feedback for eaach other! the seller celvin29 has received feedback from the thread i posted in months ago

keatergreyhound
24th March 2008, 19:36
Hi peeps
Ive brought from this guy and am just waiting for another delivery
Ive got the guys mobile number as well
Im due my delivery any day so I will happily post back when they arrive to say if hes ok still
How he gets them I havent a clue but the one ive had in the past was fine, no probs at all

DebbieE
24th March 2008, 19:43
Oh thank goodness - that is reassuring - let us know as soon as :)

angelic
24th March 2008, 19:56
Good news Keater and reassuring for everyone from PTS who has bought vouchers :)

How long ago did you buy your first lot? I am intrigued as to why he would give his mobile number out, did you ask for it?

I will hold my hands up if I am wrong with this seller and will be delighted to be proved wrong...having seen so many Ebay scams over the years and helped a lot of peeps out of sticky messes, the alarm bells were ringing with this one.
I just hope everyone gets their vouchers and all is OK.

DebbieE
24th March 2008, 19:56
Hi peeps
Ive brought from this guy and am just waiting for another delivery
Ive got the guys mobile number as well
Im due my delivery any day so I will happily post back when they arrive to say if hes ok still
How he gets them I havent a clue but the one ive had in the past was fine, no probs at all

Have u ever asked why he does private listings & doesn't post out quickly - it made us all a bit jittery & I'm sure he'd sell them a lot quicker!

angelic
24th March 2008, 19:59
Have u ever asked why he does private listings & doesn't post out quickly - it made us all a bit jittery & I'm sure he'd sell them a lot quicker!

It would be interesting to know the answer to this one.
I so wish Ebay would stop allowing private listings as it is a shield for shill bidding, scamming and all sorts :(

DebbieE
24th March 2008, 20:03
If my voucher/card comes through ok I'll ask him - it's a bit odd to do it if u have nothing to hide :confused:

Irishsmurfy
24th March 2008, 20:06
I still feel that the other ebay aution http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170204244740&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsearch%2F search.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle% 3D170204244740%2B%26fvi%3D1 seems decidely dodgy though. Defo the same peeps that fluffybunny warned against a few months ago.

Hope the orignal ebayer on post one works out ok.

angelic
24th March 2008, 20:12
I still feel that the other ebay aution http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170204244740&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsearch%2F search.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle% 3D170204244740%2B%26fvi%3D1 seems decidely dodgy though. Defo the same peeps that fluffybunny warned against a few months ago.

I agree with you Irish, there is some big shill bidding ring attached to that one :mad:

keatergreyhound
24th March 2008, 20:20
It was a few weeks ago
Ive had quite a large amount of Tescos ones this time
The idea being to buy petrol with them even double checked last night that they were valid on the general Tesco board on here)
Im just going to dig out hid details to make sure I still have them
I asked him if what he can get is a frequent thing and he said yes and gave me his number to give him a ring if I ever needed any more
I will post back in a few mins

Biano
24th March 2008, 20:47
STAY WELL CLEAR.

I work for Mr T and in the last few months there has been a massive rise in the sales of high value, large purchase gift cards across all stores.

Upon investigation it has been found that many of these have been brought with Stolen or cloned credit cards.

All Tesco gift cards are unique and can be traced back to who has used them, when and where they have been purchased and redeemed.
Do not inplicate yourselves in any potential criminal investigation by risking purchasing cheap gift cards from Ebay.

You have got to ask yourself why they would be selling them at less than face value as they could use the card themselves as everyone can buy everything they need at Tesco (as we all know).

Sorry if you have already purchased and, you never know, these may be genuine but I wouldn't like to see anyone on here to get caught up in what may happen.

Biano

keatergreyhound
24th March 2008, 20:47
Im back
Ive got his name, office number and mobile so if there are any probs weve got a good start but the last lot I had was fine
To me its the idea of saving 1/3 on petrol that makes me buy from him

Wishes
24th March 2008, 20:58
Hmmmm Fluffybunny

It's defo the same lot - seems like they are starting the BIG ONE.
The 2 I posted have 8-10 auctions for £300 each BUT they have made the mistake of running them over 5 days. Maybe they are still shilling BEFORE they go all out BUT it looks like this may well be the BIGGIE?

Let's pull the rug out between us all - O.K!
This MUST be a HUGE ring
They've been VERY careful to build their reputation up over many months - I have to admire the way they have SLOWLY built up a good reputation.

What's the best way to go about it - tell ebay, the police or place it on the Q A boards?
I don't want anyone to lose their money & would prefer it if they were caught & dealt with.

Wishes
24th March 2008, 21:03
Biano
I wondered if they had some way of cloneing the gift cards themselves? It definitely screams of some sort of illegal activity. MAYBE the Police Fraud Squad should be the main ones we all contact - we all know Paypal & Ebay don't give a damn about their customers - as long as they get their cut!

fluffybunny
24th March 2008, 21:03
Hmmmm Fluffybunny

The 2 I posted have 8-10 auctions for £300 each BUT they have made the mistake of running them over 5 days. Maybe they are still shilling BEFORE they go all out BUT it looks like this may well be the BIGGIE?

This MUST be a HUGE ring
They've been VERY careful to build their reputation up over many months - I have to admire the way they have SLOWLY built up a good reputation.

What's the best way to go about it - tell ebay, the police or place it on the Q A boards?
I don't want anyone to lose their money & would prefer it if they were caught & dealt with.

dont know really...the one i reported in November i definitely think is dodgy!

thread is getting confusing...we're talking about two different sellers!

DebbieE
24th March 2008, 21:08
God, this thread has given me the shivers!

angelic
24th March 2008, 21:16
Hmmmm Fluffybunny

This MUST be a HUGE ring

First step is a report to Ebay - shill bidding is blatant, but you can never guarantee the Ebay employee will see it staring him or her in the face :(

I avoid Q&A like the proverbial, not much they can do that can't be done here ;)
I'm not sure the police would do anything as they often don't do much even when a fraudulent trnsaction has actually occurred :confused:

I can't believe the seller who has Marks & Spenser vouchers listed :rolleyes:

Wishes
24th March 2008, 21:46
Fluffybunny

300£ TESCO GIFT CARD VOUCHER £51.00 £10.00 4 celvin29(39) -- 4d 00h 05m

300£ ASDA GIFT CARD VOUCHER £41.99 £5.00 4 joanna_41(40) -- 4d 00h 21m

It's this pair that I found that are also on your list. These appear to be going for the BIG one at the moment as they both have 8+ £300 auctions finishing in 4 days.

The other guy that's selling which was what the thread was started about also seems to have picked up the amount he's selling - probably not connected as looks like a different mode of operation - BUT he looks decidedly dodgy too.

WHY would someone sell tens of gift cards costing £100+ each at a discount of 40% once Paypal & ebay fees are taken into account? - Charity??? :D

Somehow I don't think so! Prepare to:behindsofa: if you buy because the sellers will probably have :plane: & you'll be :kev: alone.

Wishes
26th March 2008, 12:10

DebbieE. In just the 24hr period after you brought this to all our attention he's sold 50 x £100 vouchers at over 40% discount this is on top of the smaller £30 vouchers + the perfume.

He actually has seemed to stop listing - maybe he's reached a limit ebay put on accounts? £5,000 of vouchers in a 24 period - losing about £2000+ on the cost price & fees? If he's legitimate he'll be broke soon:D:nono:

angel81uk
26th March 2008, 12:49
It would be interesting to know the answer to this one.
I so wish Ebay would stop allowing private listings as it is a shield for shill bidding, scamming and all sorts :(

Unfortunately they're going in completely the opposite direction. Todays announcement from ebay says from 31st March they'll be hiding bidders ID's on all auction listings! The seller can still see the ID's but otherwise only the winning bidder can be seen once the auction has ended.

angelic
26th March 2008, 16:47
Ebay just get worse, thanks Angel, I've just found the link re hidden ID's :(

For anyone else who wants to read it - http://www2.ebay.com/aw/uk/200803.shtml#2008-03-20141029

Hiding ID's = free for all shill bidding = more in FVFs for Ebay and more profits for Ebay/PayPal :mad:

angelic
26th March 2008, 16:50
DebbieE. In just the 24hr period after you brought this to all our attention he's sold 50 x £100 vouchers at over 40% discount this is on top of the smaller £30 vouchers + the perfume.

He actually has seemed to stop listing - maybe he's reached a limit ebay put on accounts? £5,000 of vouchers in a 24 period - losing about £2000+ on the cost price & fees? If he's legitimate he'll be broke soon:D:nono:

I had been wondering exactly the same - when would the seller run into reaching PayPal limits for receiving money and had noticed the lack of new listings.

DebbieE
26th March 2008, 16:50
OMG - it will be a fraudster's paradise

GoatBoy
26th March 2008, 17:16
Won't buy from anyone who keeps listing & buyer IDs private - just don't like it.......

Hope I'm wrong but if something seems to good to be true, it usually is.........

angelic
26th March 2008, 19:13
[QUOTE=CrsJo;510963]Won't buy from anyone who keeps listing & buyer IDs private - just don't like it.......QUOTE]

Same here, but from 31 March, we won't have any choice when all listings will have buyer ID's hidden :mad:

tess
26th March 2008, 20:07
can anyone tell me what is 'goofbay'

keatergreyhound
26th March 2008, 21:29
omg im cacking myself
Im off to do a bit of research myself now

Wishes
26th March 2008, 22:46
Ebay new rules make it so easy for shill bidding & fraud. Police themselves - PLEASE! - do they think we're all crazy?:eyebrows::eyebrows:

Paypal gives little protection. I'm sure there are many on here with horror stories. It is just a licence for Ebay to take even MORE money.:mad:

Ebay is not content with collecting around 6% of your takings from this weekend its compulsory for ALL sellers to list & take Paypal (which Ebay also owns) as one of the payments. Therefore I reckon they will take around 10% of ALL sales in fees & on low priced 99p items they will take about 40%.

Currently, PayPal is offered on about 95% of listings on eBay.co.uk. Starting in late April 2008, we will require all sellers on eBay.co.uk to offer PayPal on their listings.

Transactions made using PayPal result in significant reductions in fraud, and having every listing on the site offer a trackable, protected payment option will boost buyers’ confidence so that they return to shop with you even more.

What a load of twaddle they spout above.

I have had really bad problems with Skype the last 2 weeks - having bought a number of headsets (to give to friends & family in US - so for a change they can phone us at unextortionate rates instead of waitig for us to phone them - as they know I'm a whiz at getting cheap phone calls) which came with free minutes cards. All cards were in date, sealed with headphones. The 1st 2 when i tried putting on my account they said had expired!:eek: Hmmmm expiry date 30th June 2008.

To cut a long story short - I had to go onto Skype user forums as I was getting nowhere trying to contact Skype- I sent numerous emails with photos of cards/headphones which they chose to ignore for 2 weeks - they say they will reply in 24-48hrs!

In the end I think I got to them (just - after a LOT of effort on my part) BUT it took a lot of doing JUST to make them give me what was advertised on the packaging AND I had to open each package (meant as gifts) to get each 30 miniute call time.:mad::mad:

Needless to say Skype - who used to be so good - are now owned by Ebay etc. Global domination at its worst! I WISH there was an alternative!

Wishes
26th March 2008, 22:55
www.goofbay.com is a free :D SNIPER tool that allows you to put in last minute bids. it also has ebay tools on there that give you info. on buyers/sellers - like what they have bid/won & what they have sold & to whom. It's easier to see on goofbay than ebay for those who don't know their way around too well - like me.:ranger:

I find it a boon for bidding as otherwise I'm stuck to the computer all day. :ranger:However it's not great at bidding on international sites unless they give postal rates to ship to UK - as I found to my cost when I relied on it to bid on stuff for granddaughter :love: in US & it didn't bid on a few items that I would have won at unbelievable prices:eek::(

angelic
27th March 2008, 13:10
Wishes, there are other snipe sites you could use -
I use Bidmate which is free and allows up to 3 free snipes a week and bids for you in the last 10-20 seconds.
You can pay for a premium service so a bid will be placed in the last 5 seconds or so.

I have found Bidmate to be really good and have mostly used it for international sales when the auctions have ended in the middle of the night UK time.

There is no guarantee with any snipe tool that you will win the auction as it depends entirely on what other bids have been placed earlier which may still be higher than your snipe bid ;)
It is still a whole lot easier than setting your alarm for the middle of the night and manually bidding with matchsticks to hold your eyes open. I did this a few times in my early days of Ebaying :(

Wishes
27th March 2008, 14:15
Ah BUT Goofbay bids 1-5 secs before end & is free. I've found it great - now i know the rules.
The number of times I've missed bidding as the site was slow to open esp. when i was on dial up. PLUS it's great for setting your limit & not getting carried away.
PLEASE don't use it on MY auctions - feel free to get carried right away!

NOW If only there was an alternative to ebay. Bring back yahoo auctions PLEASE - free & worked great - they WERE a great alternative to ebay. I think Fleabay paid yahoo to shut them - didn't it?

angelic
27th March 2008, 16:37
I've used Goofbay for everything but sniping so didn't know it snipes at 1-5 seconds, thanks for that.

I prefer to manually snipe (nothing beats the adrenaline rush, lol) and managed it once with just 1 second to go and won :clap2:

GoatBoy
28th March 2008, 06:39

Hmmm, this seller might find that they've been targetted by a brand new buyer with no intention of paying.......;) What kind of idiot would bid £1000 for a 300£ (sic) gift card?

angelic
28th March 2008, 08:32
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170195914289

Why would someone pay a total of £50.20 for a £50 gift card or am I missing something??

Wishes
28th March 2008, 08:55
Hmmm, this seller might find that they've been targetted by a brand new buyer with no intention of paying.......;) What kind of idiot would bid £1000 for a 300£ (sic) gift card?

Trouble is though with ebays 'NEW, SAFER' :eek:way of listing hiding bidder ID's!! the buyers that try to help others from getting ripped off won't be around for much longer as they will no longer be able to help police the site for ebay. Let's face it ebay don't give a damn as long as they make money. It's all us small peeps that notice many of the scams, prepare for amany MORE scams now - scammers/thieves paradise from 1st April!

Who exactly is the April 1st joke on? - all of US!

DebbieE
28th March 2008, 13:28

Why would someone pay a total of £50.20 for a £50 gift card or am I missing something??

They might have a £25 off a £50 spend code like I did

fluffybunny
28th March 2008, 13:49

i reckon its someone trying to reduce the amount of money they withdraw from paypal to their bank account for income tax reasons

converting £50 paypal money into £50 to tesco money

angelic
28th March 2008, 20:23
Just watching the two other voucher sellers with just over an hour to go on their auctions...

This seller's Asda vouchers are seeming to go up by exactly the same bid increments and 3 out of 4 are up to the same price...mmm!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160221937392&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

Funny that the same bid pattern is showing on "friend's" auctions...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170204244740&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007

Hopefully they will win each others auctions yet again!

GoatBoy
29th March 2008, 06:59
Just watching the two other voucher sellers with just over an hour to go on their auctions...

This seller's Asda vouchers are seeming to go up by exactly the same bid increments and 3 out of 4 are up to the same price...mmm!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160221937392&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

Funny that the same bid pattern is showing on "friend's" auctions...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170204244740&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007

Hopefully they will win each others auctions yet again!

I "know" ;) of 5 where a new buyer won them, all for 266£ !! Strange how the other bidder all dropped out at the same point. It's such a shame that a new buyer has to wait 5 days to leave feedback............

DebbieE
29th March 2008, 07:49
;););):clap2:

GoatBoy
2nd April 2008, 07:46
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=joanna_41&&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&sspagename=VIP:feedback:2:uk&iid=160224999483

Whoever got the 100£ (sic) giftcard for £1 BIN on 20th March got a bargain, didn't they? £94 postage is a little steep though

Unhappy buyer since then though ;)

angelic
2nd April 2008, 08:46
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=joanna_41&&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&sspagename=VIP:feedback:2:uk&iid=160224999483

Whoever got the 100£ (sic) giftcard for £1 BIN on 20th March got a bargain, didn't they? £94 postage is a little steep though

Unhappy buyer since then though ;)

I suspected the ID who won all the recent vouchers was the same person obviously bidding to prevent others being ripped off.

Looking back at all the £20 vouchers "supposedly" sold by this seller, it is very strange how they all managed to acheive an end price of £17 mmmm!
There is no doubt these "sales" were done to build up feedback before starting to sell the £300 vouchers :mad:

DebbieE
4th April 2008, 14:55
omg im cacking myself
Im off to do a bit of research myself now

Have you recieved anything yet chuck?

jenchin
7th April 2008, 15:59
If you have already paid Boo, did you pay by paypal? if you did start a paypal dispute? if theres any money left in the sellers paypal account you should get your money straight back. If not did you fund from a Credit card. If credit card get onto your credit card company!

angelic
7th April 2008, 16:02
Follow Jenchin's advice right away and escalate the dispute immediately ;)

Have you checked to see if the seller is still registered and still selling vouchers?

It seems likely that Ebay have finally sat up and listened if the seller involved has been reported.

jenchin
7th April 2008, 16:25
You should still be able to get onto your credit card company about the amount you actually paid on it!

jenchin
7th April 2008, 16:26
If they still have money in their account paypal should refund you quickly, otherwise i'm not sure how long it will take. If it was me I would speak to my card company, see what they say?

DebbieE
7th April 2008, 17:09
Do we have to wait until expected delivery time is up tho? He said 14 days which is tomorrow (excluding the B.Hol)

angelic
7th April 2008, 17:12
so what's the crap about 'Paying with Paypal and being protected'? :mad:

You should be OK if it stated £500 PayPal protection on the auction page, but it does depend on how much PayPal need to chase the seller for and whether or not they succeed :(

they had 10 or so listed last night so I was pretty relaxed about it till debbie told me about the email.

I've just opened a claim with Paypal - will this block him from removing funds straight away as it says it will take up to 30 days to sort out?

I paid about £3 from my balance and the rest was credit card - tried to change the funding options but it wouldn't let me pay 'just' by credit card iyswim? Does that mean i can't go the bank/cc route?

thanks for your advice - reps all round :(

Now you have opened the PayPal dispute, was there an option to "escalate"? If so, you need to escalate asap.

The seller's PayPal account will be immediately frozen and he can't remove funds if there is a balance and can't accept any payments while there is an ongoing claim against him.

As you had £3 PayPal balance, payment always goes from the balance first and the remainder then goes from your card if that is how you selected to pay.
It is best to wait until PayPal investigate your claim before going to your card company. They will inform you via e-mail re the claim when anything happens.
If they can't retrieve any funds to refund you after the 28 days, then you can go to your card company.

I hope Debbie and anyone else who is in the same position and has received the same e-mail also goes down the PayPal route right away as that is the first move in order to get any money back.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on :)

angelic
7th April 2008, 19:51
Do we have to wait until expected delivery time is up tho? He said 14 days which is tomorrow (excluding the B.Hol)

No, file a dispute with PayPal right away - PayPal policy states a seller is supposed to dispatch the sold item within 7 days ;)

I think it was there when I opened the dispute - on the same page?

Just checked my log and it's a-

Claim: A claim is a dispute that has been escalated to PayPal's attention. PayPal investigates the claim and decides the outcome. A claim may be eligible for purchase protection from PayPal.

So think I've done it right.

Debbie - that email we had from ebay and the fact the listing has been removed is enough to put a claim in before the 14 days is up ;)

Fingers crossed - I wonder how many others bought?

Sounds like you have escalated your claim fine, Boo.
I am working from a while back and expect the process has changed slightly since I had to file a dispute.

Given how many voucher listings the seller had up and the number of sales, there is an awful lot of money involved :(

I wish everyone luck, please keep us posted :)

shadrack41
7th April 2008, 20:32
I've bought several vouchers off this seller (nolimitsworldwide) and so far they have all turned up - the last one I got today. Included with the vouchers was a leaflet for an accountancy/legal service (which has the same address as the sellers business) so am wondering if it is some kind of tax avoidance wheeze. I'm still not sure whether to try and get a refund off Paypal or not - (i'm waiting for a couple more), and also whether to use the ones that have turned up as quickly as possible! When Ebay suddenly closes someones account like this does it usually mean there is something dodgy going on?

DebbieE
7th April 2008, 20:59
Can I just ask when you bought the card you got through today? I bought mine on Easter Monday

Hummer
7th April 2008, 21:07
No limits worldwide is a limited company so i dont think it can be too dodgy?
Companies house link (http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/3516bbddf72dbee89e336160d0bbf9a5/compdetails)

shadrack41
7th April 2008, 22:55
Can I just ask when you bought the card you got through today? I bought mine on Easter Monday

It was 15th March.

Gizmos
7th April 2008, 22:56
thats outwith of the 14 days for despatch certainly

angelic
8th April 2008, 09:14
I've bought several vouchers off this seller (nolimitsworldwide) and so far they have all turned up - the last one I got today. Included with the vouchers was a leaflet for an accountancy/legal service (which has the same address as the sellers business) so am wondering if it is some kind of tax avoidance wheeze. I'm still not sure whether to try and get a refund off Paypal or not - (i'm waiting for a couple more), and also whether to use the ones that have turned up as quickly as possible! When Ebay suddenly closes someones account like this does it usually mean there is something dodgy going on?

No limits worldwide is a limited company so i dont think it can be too dodgy?
Companies house link (http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/3516bbddf72dbee89e336160d0bbf9a5/compdetails)

Shadrack, do the details you have for the seller tie up with the same from the link Hummer has posted?

There is something so not right with the way this seller is selling and taking 14 days to post and I still don't get how someone can sell vouchers at such a discount :confused:

If Ebay pull an auction or auctions, they will have investigated first and will pull auctions if there is anything suspicious or if the seller has violated Ebay policy.

Has anyone who has received any of these vouchers actually used them in the store they are for?
If you are in anyway concerned, you can open a PayPal dispute and if the vouchers do arrive and are genuine, you can close the dispute after checking the latter.
You have up to 45 days from the date of payment to file a claim.

shadrack41
8th April 2008, 10:37
Shadrack, do the details you have for the seller tie up with the same from the link Hummer has posted?

There is something so not right with the way this seller is selling and taking 14 days to post and I still don't get how someone can sell vouchers at such a discount :confused:

If Ebay pull an auction or auctions, they will have investigated first and will pull auctions if there is anything suspicious or if the seller has violated Ebay policy.

Has anyone who has received any of these vouchers actually used them in the store they are for?
If you are in anyway concerned, you can open a PayPal dispute and if the vouchers do arrive and are genuine, you can close the dispute after checking the latter.
You have up to 45 days from the date of payment to file a claim.

The sellers Ebay account postcode is the same (don't have the full address). Regarding the 14 days - its actually 14 working days which means up to 3 weeks (and more if you take easter into account!). I'm expecting another voucher in next few days so will let you know if it turns up.

angelic
8th April 2008, 13:48
Just wondered if Keater got her vouchers as she posted about having bought some and was waiting on another lot?
This was from before anyone else bought theirs so would be interesting to know?

I have just checked the seller's ID and they been suspended from Ebay and therefore all records of any auctions by this seller have been removed :(

I would suggest anyone who has paid and not got their vouchers immediately files a PayPal dispute if they haven't already done so. Any transaction with this seller is now null and void as far as Ebay is concerned :(

DebbieE
10th April 2008, 15:02
She hadn't got them as of Tuesday.

I still have had nothing so have just opened up my dispute with payal & escalated it :mad:

I hate ebay :mad::mad:

angelic
10th April 2008, 19:11
She hadn't got them as of Tuesday.

I still have had nothing so have just opened up my dispute with payal & escalated it :mad:

I hate ebay :mad::mad:

Thanks for letting us know Keater hasn't got her vouchers, sorry to hear that :(
As her last post was 24/3, it is over the 14 days quoted for delivery so not looking good at all :(

Glad you have opened a PayPal dispute, please keep us posted and I hope you will get your money back.

shadrack41
11th April 2008, 19:04
Possibly some good news - had a voucher delivered today I bought about 3 1/2 weeks ago.

DaisyChain
11th April 2008, 19:26
Based on E Mails from the seller, mine is due to be delivered tomorrow but won't hold my breath

DebbieE
12th April 2008, 16:14
Based on E Mails from the seller, mine is due to be delivered tomorrow but won't hold my breath

Anything come today DC?

DaisyChain
12th April 2008, 16:24
Nope

kveede
14th April 2008, 18:19
Am I the only one ? ?
T'was for purchases on 16 Mar.

Gizmos
14th April 2008, 18:33
i find it odd that the only people who have received gift cards are people who have never posted on PTS before ....

angelic
14th April 2008, 19:07
i find it odd that the only people who have received gift cards are people who have never posted on PTS before ....

You and me both, Giz.....

Looking at the negs being racked up by a couple of the other voucher sellers mentioned by Fluffy amongst others, I can't see this seller being any different :confused:

DaisyChain
14th April 2008, 19:55
i haven't had my voucher (due Sat just gone) but seller is still replying to direct E Mails and offering to send my voucher despite being suspended by Ebay/PayPal.........

DebbieE
14th April 2008, 20:23
Has he said why he hasn't sent it yet?

DaisyChain
14th April 2008, 21:13
Because of Ebay blocking his account so he can't access the details of the sales and because PayPal have frozen the money. Says about a week behind on posting. Business seriously damaged etc etc.

Sounds like people have claimed for non receipt

DebbieE
14th April 2008, 22:12
Do u reckon it's worth me getting in touch with him?

Mind you he should still have access to his e-mails with the buyers details on & as they were all immediate payment he wouldn't be waiting for any to be paid....

Gizmos
14th April 2008, 22:16
should have the original ebay emails to say xx bought xx paid for xx delivery etc??

angelic
15th April 2008, 08:55
Because of Ebay blocking his account so he can't access the details of the sales and because PayPal have frozen the money. Says about a week behind on posting. Business seriously damaged etc etc.

Sounds like people have claimed for non receipt

It would take all this with a pinch of salt...

Anyone in a business would keep records of all sales and not just rely on the info being on their Ebay/PayPal pages :(
For a start, all the info he needs will be on the End of Auction e-mail and PayPal payment e-mails which go direct to a seller's e-mail address so he has this.

Also he has actually had this info for at least three weeks or more going by the dates you all bought the vouchers on ;) He wasn't suspended until about a week ago so this is no excuse :(

His suspension from Ebay would not prevent him from accessing the necessary e-mails as they went to his e-mail addy ;)
His PayPal account will remain frozen until everyone who has filed a dispute has had their dispute closed and concluded by PayPal.

Him saying he is a week behind in posting is a odd...
If everyone wins their PayPal disputes, he won't be needing to send anything and this sort of proves he hasn't sent the vouchers you have all paid for anyway :rolleyes:

Whatever any of you do, don't close your PayPal disputes on a vague promise of getting the vouchers. If you did and still didn't get the vouchers, you would not be able to re-open a dispute ;)

Grace & Favour
15th April 2008, 09:05
It would take all this with a pinch of salt...

Anyone in a business would keep records of all sales and not just rely on the info being on their Ebay/PayPal pages :(
For a start, all the info he needs will be on the End of Auction e-mail and PayPal payment e-mails which go direct to a seller's e-mail address so he has this.

Also he has actually had this info for at least three weeks or more going by the dates you all bought the vouchers on ;) He wasn't suspended until about a week ago so this is no excuse :(

His suspension from Ebay would not prevent him from accessing the necessary e-mails as they went to his e-mail addy ;)
His PayPal account will remain frozen until everyone who has filed a dispute has had their dispute closed and concluded by PayPal.

Him saying he is a week behind in posting is a odd...
If everyone wins their PayPal disputes, he won't be needing to send anything and this sort of proves he hasn't sent the vouchers you have all paid for anyway :rolleyes:

Whatever any of you do, don't close your PayPal disputes on a vague promise of getting the vouchers. If you did and still didn't get the vouchers, you would not be able to re-open a dispute ;)

Well observed Angelic!!!

Have a rep for being so very helpful!

DaisyChain
15th April 2008, 09:25
Dont worry - I have written this off

Was only posting to say he was communicating when usually peeps go silent - well aware of the dubious mechanics at play here

DaisyChain
15th April 2008, 20:48
Had another E Mail - my voucher is being posted tomorrow.

keatergreyhound
15th April 2008, 23:01
Hi all
Sorry I havent posted
Ive had JOsh in hospital for over a week
Ive got all my vouchers and have spent quite a few already
I do have a phone number both office and mobile for the seller and also a personal email address
I wont post it on here but if anyone wants it from me please pm me
I havent a clue how he gets these cards but ive had no problems with him

DebbieE
15th April 2008, 23:05
Thanks for posting this Keater - hope Josh is on the mend now :)

Just to give peeps an idea of timescales Keater bought these ones on 24th March & they arrived on Saturday (hope u don't mind me putting this on KG)

I bought mine on 24th also but not had anything but I'll see if anything turns up tomorrow & if not will e-mail him

xXxHollyxXx
16th April 2008, 13:18
Hi everyone, found this thread via a google search for this guy's ebay username. I bought a Waterstones voucher on the 24th of March and as of yet have received nothing but will keep everyone updated. I tried sending him a message via ebay that should have gone to his email address also, but he didn't reply. However, that may be because his ebay account has been removed since he does seem to be communicating with some of you. I'll PM you keatergreyhound and get his email addy since it might be a different one to the one I sent the email to and fingers crossed will find out what's happening (or at least what he SAYS is happening).

Gizmos
16th April 2008, 13:31
hi Holly - glad you found us and can get some comfort in that you are not alone - please stick around and check out the rest we have to offer - you'll soon be a regular

angelic
16th April 2008, 20:54
Thanks for your kind reps :) I have been away for a few days so am just catching up :)

I hope Josh is better, Keater :)
Good news that your vouchers have arrived and good luck Holly and anyone else who is chasing up their yet to arrive vouchers.

Holly, now the seller's Ebay account has been suspended, it won't be possible to e-mail him via Ebay Messages. However, his e-mail address should show on the Ebay end of auction e-mail you received when you won the auction.

I hope you have success if you try e-mailing him via the addy Keater has - please keep us posted :)

DaisyChain
17th April 2008, 17:27
Well, mine arrived today as promised - will have to see if it works

fluffybunny
17th April 2008, 18:36
Well, mine arrived today as promised - will have to see if it works

hi daisy

is it a tesco card?

if so you can check the balance online here -
http://www.tesco.com/giftcard/

DebbieE
17th April 2008, 18:54
I'm still waiting for mine...& no response to my e-mail....

DaisyChain
17th April 2008, 19:11
hi daisy

is it a tesco card?

if so you can check the balance online here -
http://www.tesco.com/giftcard/

Thanks Fluffy, you're a star - £30 balance on there :)

DebbieE
17th April 2008, 19:32
Glad u got yours DC - send me some good luck vibes :o

DaisyChain
17th April 2008, 19:36
I am Debbie but have you claimed through Ebay/PayPal ?

DebbieE
17th April 2008, 21:24
Yes I have - did it on 10th April

DaisyChain
17th April 2008, 21:30
That could be why he isn't keen to send you the voucher as well. I didn't claim and he knew that - he actually said I could claim if I wanted or let him send the voucher.

Maybe message again and say you've heard from a friend that he is still sending vouchers. Could he send yours so you can cancel the claim ?

DebbieE
17th April 2008, 21:40
Ok - will try that. Thanks

DebbieE
18th April 2008, 09:47
Quick update - had a response to my 1st e-mail along the lines of the 1 Daisychain had - he's sent various proofs of posting off to ebay & they've confirmed receipt but they have a backlog so he reckons it'll be about a week b4 they get his paypal a/c unfrozen. He told me raise a dispute as he can't give me a timescale when it'll all be sorted.

At least he replied

angelic
18th April 2008, 12:07
So pleased your voucher has arrived and it all seems OK, daisychain :) Fingers crossed for you DebbieE and the rest of you who are still waiting...

The only proof of posting the seller can have which would satisfy Ebay/PayPal are tracking numbers from mail sent either Recorded or Special Delivery ;)
I doubt many buyers opted to pay the extra for Special Delivery so there are likely to be a number of other PayPal claims which the seller will lose and will need to be refunded.

For this reason, I can't see how he can reckon it will be about a week before his PayPal account is unfrozen :confused:
My only thought is he will know how many claims have been raised and the time they each have still to run before the disputes are resolved one way or another.
There must have been a number of claims as Ebay don't suspend a member without strong indications that there is a problem.
PayPal automatically freeze an account as soon as a single dispute is raised though.

It would only take another buyer to start a dispute (who maybe so far hasn't) and that would mean his PayPal account would remain frozen for rather longer.

The seller has brought this all upon himself as PayPal policy clearly states the seller must post within 7 days of payment being received ;)
I still can't grasp his reasoning why he stated he would send the vouchers within 14 days and then didn't .... it just seems a very strange practice for someone running a business and registered on Ebay as a business seller :confused:

DaisyChain
18th April 2008, 12:36
He sent mine recorded

Still can't make my mind up - had a series of long and friendly E Mails in reply to some blunt questions from me. I wasn't expecting to get anything and now I have.

angelic
18th April 2008, 16:37
Interesting your vouchers were sent Recorded, Daisy :)

Pretty risky for the seller had they not been delivered or had the postie put them through your door without a signature....

PayPal require a valid tracking number which shows proof of delivery and in the event of them being lost in the post, he wouldn't have been able to claim from Royal Mail.
RM only cover vouchers for insurance if sent by Special Delivery.

DaisyChain
18th April 2008, 17:17
Have used it today - no problems

angelic
18th April 2008, 19:06
Have used it today - no problems

That is good news, thanks for updating us :)

xXxHollyxXx
19th April 2008, 08:49
Still no reply to the email I sent him a couple of days ago... will just have to sit tight and wait a bit longer I guess... :rolleyes: At least things do sound promising since some of you have received your vouchers, so fingers crossed. :)

angelic
21st April 2008, 09:55
Thanks for your update Boo, good to know PayPal have refunded you, although I can understand you preferring the GC with some of the others having received theirs ;)

It is very odd that you all bought about the same time and some cards suddenly were delivered and then yours (and maybe others) were not?

DebbieE
21st April 2008, 15:08
Just had an email from paypal who have found in my favour.

Me wanted my gift card too - BAH!

fluffybunny
21st April 2008, 16:08
seems to me that he's posting out the ones who havent put a claim in.

maybe he doesnt want to risk posting now in case paypal find in buyers favour after posting iyswim . just a thought as he's obviously posted some and not others.

angelic
21st April 2008, 19:02
Good point Fluffy, think you are right :)

Glad your refund came through OK too, DebbieE though you wanted your GC.

keatergreyhound
22nd April 2008, 10:32
URGENT
Please anyone with an order outstanding file a paypal claim
Everything has been frozen and hes not allowed to send any more vouchers out
Hes advised a chargeback to everyone

xXxHollyxXx
22nd April 2008, 21:16
Thanks for letting us know Keater, will do so right away. :)