PDA

View Full Version : Manchester Airport Hotels

princesskerry
28th January 2008, 22:57
Hello

We are hoping to go up to Manchester in the summer for 3 or 4 nights with the boys to see our best man. I wondered if anyone had any good recomendations for hotels there?
I have looked at the hilton, but looks v expensive ?3300 in deals:eek: and the marriott. Has anyone actually stayed in any hotels around there with or without deals, thankyou.

Kerry:D

Gizmos
28th January 2008, 23:02
get yourself a cheap Travelodge - I've had to book some and didnt know what city I would be in - is cheaper to book one in each of the cities for ?29 a shot than to get their flexible rate - just wont turn up at one of the places - I know that sounds a bit strange but why pay ?70 for the refundable one when you can pay 2 x ?29 (?58)

bargainsneeded
28th January 2008, 23:05
Hello

We are hoping to go up to Manchester in the summer for 3 or 4 nights with the boys to see our best man. I wondered if anyone had any good recomendations for hotels there?
I have looked at the hilton, but looks v expensive ?3300 in deals:eek: and the marriott. Has anyone actually stayed in any hotels around there with or without deals, thankyou.

hya which part of our lovely manchester will u be visiting???? lol:D

natasha1
29th January 2008, 00:07
Hello

Travelodge have great deals for family rooms,look on the website,if you book in advance you can get rooms for just ?19,they did have an offer for ?9.00 rooms a few weeks ago,if you are looking on the outskirts of manchester avoid haydock travelodge,mum stayed there last week and it was awful.tash

Hannah2
29th January 2008, 08:59
Hi Kerry

I have stayed a lot at the Didsbury travelodge. It is slightly out of the city centre but has free parking and easy access to the city by bus on a number of routes. There is also a cinema/bingo hall/restaurants such as Nandos, Burger King and Chiquitos (I think).

It is also opposite a Tesco!

As for other hotels, I have stayed at the Marriott V&A which is lovely but expensive, Manchester airport Travelodge (normal travelodge standard), and premier travel inns at Denton and Hyde, which are both further out of Manchester.

HTH

sidtrix
29th January 2008, 14:35
Worth visting cloud 23 if you do end up at the Hilton.... lil xpensive though

miss bargainmad
31st January 2008, 09:28
There is a nice Innkeepers Lodge at Heaton Chapel with good restaurant/bar attached. This is technically Stockport but it only takes about 20 minutes into Manchester on the bus.

Raffles
31st January 2008, 10:37
The Thistle in Manchester is one of the worst hotels in Britain .... don't even think about using your deals there. Same for the Ramada Jarvis above the bus station.

Your best bet is a new Holiday Inn Express somewhere, with the ?20 cashback offered through pigsback.

DaisyChain
31st January 2008, 11:22
There is a Holiday Inn Express in Bolton which literally backs onto a railway station for trains to Manchester (takes 20 mins or so). Its on the edge of Middlebrook Retail Park ,about 2 mins off the motorway and has a Harvester and an American style restaurant on the same site.

hydro
31st January 2008, 11:30
When I can I use Holiday Inn Express for reasonable priced, clean and comfortable accommodation. Their prices also include breakfast. There are often promotional codes around - I've paid as little as ?25 even in London!!! Second choice for value for money is Travelodge - but some of their properties can be a bit 'tired' and no breakfast included. To be honest - paying for a Hilton or a Marriott doesn't warrant the cost - and I worked as a hotel inspector for years - so believe me I know!

DaisyChain
31st January 2008, 11:36
There is a Holiday Inn Express in Bolton which literally backs onto a railway station for trains to Manchester (takes 20 mins or so). Its on the edge of Middlebrook Retail Park ,about 2 mins off the motorway and has a Harvester and an American style restaurant on the same site.

Currently ?54 a night including breakfast for four for a long weekend in August without any special offers.

princesskerry
31st January 2008, 12:41
Thankyou so much for all your responses they are brill. Was going to use my deal vouchers but when I saw what was available was quite on the expensive side. May be cheaper for me to sell some vouchers and book with another hotel.
I have only been to Manchester once and that was to see an old boyfriends sister so went straight to her house and then back to Liverpool where we were staying so I have no idea at all whereabouts we would want to stay I was thinking close to the city centre but parking would be a bonus as have the car so dont mind further out.
Will find out whereabouts in the city our best man lives.

Thankyou again.:love:

bargainsneeded
31st January 2008, 22:05
Thankyou so much for all your responses they are brill. Was going to use my deal vouchers but when I saw what was available was quite on the expensive side. May be cheaper for me to sell some vouchers and book with another hotel.
I have only been to Manchester once and that was to see an old boyfriends sister so went straight to her house and then back to Liverpool where we were staying so I have no idea at all whereabouts we would want to stay I was thinking close to the city centre but parking would be a bonus as have the car so dont mind further out.
Will find out whereabouts in the city our best man lives.

Thankyou again.:love:

hya i live just outside of city not too far from the airport there are many local travelodges etc ur best bet really is to stay out of the centre especially with the car and either drive into town or plenty of tramsbuses trains etc let me know area and will try and rec somewhere nice xxxxx:)

pokealotup
7th April 2008, 14:38
Hi Guys

I know you are all the font of great knowledge! Are there any deals around that cover hotel & airport parking for Manchester by any chance?

thanks
Pokealotup x:D

marie
16th April 2008, 13:18
I wanted to know the same thing for Gatwick, but I don't think anywhere covers parking now. The hotels are minimum 2 night stays and parking can't be included.

tesco-mad
16th March 2009, 10:29
are there any airport hotels i can park & stay at in manchester
i have had a look at the deals age but can't work out if they do airport transfers
thanks

Khufu
16th March 2009, 12:19
Purple Parking is really cheap for Manchester airport - ?12 for 3 days! Sorry don't know about hotels. I'm sat in there at the moment though and I can tell you its chaos - no signposting etc. so leave yourself plenty of time

ALSO train station is next to airport.

Emmamed
16th March 2009, 12:21
i always use www.holidayextras.co.uk for my airport and hotel parking. just used them for gatwick. there is also superbreaks which do it.

poe
19th March 2009, 19:20
have a look at the marriot - they have deals on at the mo for manchester and other hotels

http://www.marriott.co.uk/Channels/globalSites/specialsPackages/detail.mi?country=UK&marrOfferId=371942&emlad=sara.west%40btinternet.com&nck=68283514&ck=301542&trkstart=1&vedate=MAR09&vetype=FMT_mwestwood_301542&veseg=&veof=book&trkend=1

we stayed in the marriot in manchester - it's a shuttle bus away but it was fab and they have rooms that take 4 and they are really spacious - I would highly recommend them

they are not part of deals but the special price isn't bad

Emmamed
20th March 2009, 21:40
if u not too far from the airport u couls always get a taxi, we going to manchester in august and it only 140 return and thats from nottingham area

traceya89
7th May 2009, 13:48
Hi

just wondering if anyone has used clubcard deals to book a hotel at Manchester airport, and which would be the cheapest option? Not sure if i am going to drive or get the train.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

lrb76
7th May 2009, 21:47
I got excited when I saw this thread as I'm looking at this option too. I have a Marriott dinner for two award and a spa day award both to use by the end of September. This hotel is one of the options for the spa so thought I could make it a very cheap weekend away.

I'm waiting for virgin to release the train prices so that I can cost the travel there. Would be interested to hear from anyone who has stayed/eaten here.

Hi

just wondering if anyone has used clubcard deals to book a hotel at Manchester airport, and which would be the cheapest option? Not sure if i am going to drive or get the train.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Becles
8th May 2009, 07:54
If you can't find a deal, you might get a cheap room at the Airport Travel Lodge. I've just booked a family room for ?19.

It's not luxury, but we'll be getting there in the evening and getting up at 5am, so we just really need somewhere to wash and sleep!

Tuckerpoo
8th May 2009, 07:58
If you can't find a deal, you might get a cheap room at the Airport Travel Lodge. I've just booked a family room for ?19.

It's not luxury, but we'll be getting there in the evening and getting up at 5am, so we just really need somewhere to wash and sleep!

I stayed in this a couple of years ago and it was very handy, clean and tidy

Nana
8th May 2009, 08:57

Make sure you take an alarm clock. When we stayed there we asked for a wake up call at for 5.15 and were told we would get a 'wake up knock' as of course they don't have telephones in the rooms. OH set an alarm on his mobile as a back up and it was lucky he did because we didn't receive the wake up knock!

Becles
8th May 2009, 14:14
Thanks.

Hubby just got an iphone and downloaded an application onto it to make it behave like an alarm clock! He's on a course for work next week so he's testing it then! If not, I've got my trusty travel alarm clock that I bought years ago for a silly price like 5 pesatas :D

Gizmos
2nd February 2010, 11:11
Anyone recommend - it is not for flying from there just working nearby and will have car so anything recommended - is for two nights

Currently lkg at either Marriot or someone at work mentione Etrop Grange

all help and comments appreciated

Nana
2nd February 2010, 11:14
Travelodge is good and you might be able to get a saver room cheap.

Gizmos
2nd February 2010, 11:18
work are paying so ... wld liek somewhere with something decent to eat (not hotel) nearby if possible

angelic
2nd February 2010, 12:49
Trafford Centre is near enough the airport so would suggest a hotel near there so you can combine retail therapy with your business trip.
Plenty of choices for meals in Trafford Centre too :)

jaybrent
2nd February 2010, 13:34
I know it probably not what your looking for but we always leave the car here when flying from Manchester.

http://www.cloughbankairportparking.co.uk/

Bewleys is fantastic right near the train station cheap and a free bus to take you to the terminals when you fly.

Gizmos
2nd February 2010, 14:14
Bewleys is what a few people said - am actually working up the road off from the airport

snailsontour
2nd February 2010, 14:18
Anyone recommend - it is not for flying from there just working nearby and will have car so anything recommended - is for two nights

Currently lkg at either Marriot or someone at work mentione Etrop Grange

all help and comments appreciated

There are loads of hotels all around the airport - all the usual suspects, although I've no personal experience of any of them.

Etrop Grange was/is the most expensive and the company my dh worked for used to put their "most valued" customers in there.

There is a a cheap and cheerful Travel Lodge at Heald Green which is close to the airport, and as others said there are a couple of hotels at the Trafford Centre.

ukmonkey
2nd February 2010, 15:28
Radison SAS - it's actually AT the airport itself. Access to Terminal (not sure which terminal) is via an indoor walkway.

There's a pub called "The Romper" that is pretty much within the airport boundary (it's on the edge of the airport business park). Google it - very very nice pub, not a chain, proper food, good value for money, good atmosphere (and popular with pilots and cabin crew, or at least it seemed it when we visited!).

pookienoodle
2nd February 2010, 16:42
will your company put you in an executive room?
If so the crown plaza executive rooms are good, the Raddison SAS is also nice but rooms can be really small.
Etop grange is lovely but only if you feel O.K as a single buiness traveller if the hotel is full of couples for dinner.
Have you considered any of the non airport hotels?
The Lowry is a fantastic hotel and worth the drive to the airport if someone else is picking up the tab,that way you would be in the city centre but only 10 miles away from the airport.

suesmith
11th March 2011, 21:43
we are due to fly to the dominican republic at easter. we want to drive to the airport but then obviously will have to pay to park.

i was wondering of there were any hotels nearby that offered free parking and maybe a shuttle bus or something similar?

my mum and dad used to live nearby so we just used to park there and get a cheap taxi so it will feel strange not being able to do this.

Gizmos
11th March 2011, 21:58
I'm staying there on 21 got a 10 travelodge room - Hilton does park n stay n so does bewleys

bigbill
12th March 2011, 01:21
I went to the Marriot about one mile away for ?79 it was the best ?79 ever, 2 adults 2 children with 15 days parking and we got access to the executive lounge in the hotel with free drinks and free food.

We used holidayextras.co.uk

We have stayed at Hilton and Bewleys and would say Bewleys is very nice and better value for money than Hilton. It did have a free shuttle which we find easy to use. Can't comment on park and ride because we usually use the train, as we have a family rail card.

Nana
12th March 2011, 07:31
DD1 got a good deal at Crown Plaza and it is right there at the airport.

rainbow
12th March 2011, 09:25
Have also used the travelodge, perfectly adequate and would use again.

katelina
13th March 2011, 11:02
Anyone know if there are any hotels near Manchester Airport that can be used with my remaining ?70 vouchers. Flying from there to Vegas in May courtesy of Tesco and thinking about booking the night before so we dont have to travel up in the morning :D

Gizmos
13th March 2011, 11:12
there is another manchester airpor thread on the go at the moment - suggest you search for that one

mhoc
13th March 2011, 11:37
Anyone know if there are any hotels near Manchester Airport that can be used with my remaining ?70 vouchers. Flying from there to Vegas in May courtesy of Tesco and thinking about booking the night before so we dont have to travel up in the morning :D

I cant be much help but I was looking for a one night May room,(not Manchester though) and I was browsing on MSE this morning and someone said that Premier Inn had a ?29 room sale so I got the room I wanted (the same date, same city is ?69 on etap, ?50 on travelodge and ?85 Devere!)

katelina
13th March 2011, 14:50
there is another manchester airpor thread on the go at the moment - suggest you search for that one

Thanks Gizmo, did look before posting but obviously the wrong search criteria :)

Gizmos
13th March 2011, 14:51
Ive merged them all now

penfold
13th March 2011, 15:37
DD1 got a good deal at Crown Plaza and it is right there at the airport.

Last time we flew from Manchester we got a good deal for here...think it was hotels.com, basically worked out we got the hotel and parking for the price of 2 weeks parking. Fab hotel as well. Highly recommended, would use it again rven if more expensive than hilton etc.

suesmith
13th March 2011, 18:24
no space at bewleys - shame, it looked really nice.

baconbap
13th March 2011, 19:29
Have you looked on the FHR website? 10% cashback from quidco too.