PDA

View Full Version : 0 feedback & unconfirmed address - should I post the item??

mutley muppet
8th April 2008, 16:04
I've just sold an item on ebay for 25 + p&p but the buyer only signed up to ebay 2 days ago, he has no feedback & an unconfirmed address. :(

Should I insist that he gets his address confirmed before I post?

I know that if I send the item out to an unconfimed address paypal will refund the buyer "if" he is pulling a fast one and says it hasnt arrived.

Can anyone remember how long it takes to get your address confirmed?:help:

MM. x

SuzyWoo
8th April 2008, 16:08
Firstly, get him to confirm his postal adress, as I think that should give you seller protection.

Is he bidding left right and centre?

tiger
8th April 2008, 16:10
I know it won't help you with the current situation mutley, but you can specify that you won't accept bids from people with less than a certain number of feedback.

mutley muppet
8th April 2008, 16:12
Thanks Suzy. I've looked at his profile & it just says zero feedback and signed up 6th April

Is there any other way to check what he has bid on?

Thanks, off to email him now to ask him to get his address confirmed.

M.M. x

Gizmos
8th April 2008, 16:13
www.goofbay.co.uk

you can put the details in there tells you what he has bidded on and won

Made in Devon
8th April 2008, 16:13
It's such a nuisance, because every Ebayer has to start with 0 feedback at some point, and to be honest I have never had a problem... But there are some dodgy people out there that can make you, rightly, suspicious.

mutley muppet
8th April 2008, 16:25
I know it won't help you with the current situation mutley, but you can specify that you won't accept bids from people with less than a certain number of feedback.

Thanks Tiger. I have my listings set to accept "Have a feedback score equal to or lower than -1". I don't mind posting to someone with 0 feedback, its the unconfirmed address thats woryying me. Especially as it is an electrical item.

www.goofbay.co.uk

you can put the details in there tells you what he has bidded on and won

Wow, thanks Giz! That is REALLY helpful. No he hasnt bid on anything else, phew.

...every Ebayer has to start with 0 feedback at some point,...

I agree. I dont really mind the 0 feedback as we were all in that postion once. Fingers crossed he will be happy to wait until he can get confirmed ;)

Thank everyone for your speedy replies.:) Reps on their way...

MM. x

mutley muppet
8th April 2008, 16:30
Thank everyone for your speedy replies.:) Reps on their way...

MM. x

Ooops... apparently I've repped too much today! :o will continue repping you all when I can, Thanks, MM. x

mutley muppet
8th April 2008, 16:35
I've just sent him this message:

Hi *****
Thank you for you payment for the ********.
I see that you have a brand new user ID and that your address is still unconfirmed. I usually only post items to a paypal confirmed address, can you please let me know how long it will take until your address is confirmed. If you are unsure how to do this, log into paypal and search their help menu. It is quite simple and provides security for both buyer & seller. Best wishes, *****

angelic
8th April 2008, 16:42
I think it takes a bit of time to get an address confirmed. It is years ago I had to do all this to remember exact detail. It may be quicker if the buyer can register a credit card to their PayPal account.

I definitely wouldn't post to an unconfirmed address as you lose all seller protection in event of a problem :(

I realise everyone has to start with 0 feedback, but a seller has to protect themselves ;)

If the buyer doesn't confirm their address, you are within your rights to refund the PayPal payment explaining why and request payment via cheque or Postal Order instead.
If you accept a cheque, you would need to allow time for clearance before posting ;)

MM, your post went on before mine - your e-mail is fine, please just don't post the item until the address is confirmed ;)

Ladyshopper
8th April 2008, 16:45
Not sure if my address is confirmed to be honest, am a bit useless with ebay.

I bought some baby coupons over weekend from someone with 0 feedback. We've all got to start somewhere, so took a chance, and they arrived today with no problem.

SuzyWoo
8th April 2008, 16:59
I think you are covered sending to an unconfirmed addy as long as they state that the address on paypal is the correct one. You should have a note by where it says 'unconfirmed' address on the paypal invoice.

x

narlynoel
10th April 2008, 13:56
:love:why not sendit out by recoded delivery so that someone has to sign for it ????